• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Ultima Spark

News ► Dark Horse to publish Kingdom Hearts Ultimania: The Story Before Kingdom Hearts III

I have all except for the first three (KH1/KH1 Revised/CoM) and they're much more than 100–200 pages…KH2 is almost as big as KH3 (735 pages), the others are all 400+ (except Ultimania Alpha, which is a summary of KH1/CoM with some pre-release KH2 info). The bulk of a game Ultimania is mechanics...
  2. Ultima Spark

News ► Square Enix releases brand new screenshots and renders for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

I think it's because it (the track name) was originally from one of those fancy "arrangement" soundtracks you see for games and the like every so often (the 2010 Piano Collections in this case), and they decided to just throw it in when it was time to release the game OST. Also I want some HD...
  3. Ultima Spark

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Chess Set in development

Neat, Axel and Roxas pieces in the back corner.
  4. Ultima Spark

News ► KH - III, II.8, Unchained χ & Union χ [Cross] - Original Soundtrack Track List Revealed

Dawn of Hope (base Terranort) seems like a bit of a weird name given the context…at first glance I would've ascribed that to base Saïx. Speaking of, that track finally has a name—Hearts as One—so I can finally stop twisting my tongue when I say it.
  5. Ultima Spark

Rare in-game battle sequence (Sora with goofy)

The journal points this out: When [Earth Core Towers] gather sand and grow enormous, a Goofy Bombardier will cut them down to size in no time. You can do this to Lump of Horror (Monstropolis boss), but it's not recommended since it causes it to revert to its more defensive form (the Ultimania...
  6. Ultima Spark

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

Unless indicated otherwise, this post applies to basically any fanbase of whatever property. To an extent I understand why people are drawn to the idea of shipping (I have my own personal preferences that I indulge in privately). What I do not understand is why shipping, above all else, seems...
  7. Ultima Spark

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Patch 1.06 adds "Special" to title menu

Ansem's/Dark Riku's "floor trap" (I assume you mean the shadow claw/fang) is unblockable by design; there's a few other attacks like this (some obvious, others less so). I agree Marluxia's attacks have always been buggy regarding blocks though, I actually thought his scythe wheel (first part of...
  8. Ultima Spark

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Keyblade Keychains Releasing March 2020

It was never called "Goat of Atonement" (that was a translator mistakenly thinking the "scapegoat" referred to the Keyblade and not MX), and No Name is still officially a speculative name, even if JP Back Cover is pretty blatant about it (Luxu seems insistent on calling it the Gazing Eye, so...
  9. Ultima Spark

My biggest question which I know won't get answered: When did luxu stole Xigbars body?

The Ultimania confirmed he had already jumped into Braig's body before he ever met with Xehanort. The annotations for SR13: A report written by Luxu, as Braig, when he realized that, after witnessing Master Xehanort's rise, the Keyblade War would happen again. It's confirmed once again that the...
  10. Ultima Spark

News ► Watch the Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND TGS Trailer Now!

Where are people getting the idea Lea's Keyblade is "fake"? That was just Xemnas talking shit to demoralise him. And he can formchange them into chakrams in the base game, it's just really blurry/difficult to see clearly.
  11. Ultima Spark

News ► Yen Press to release Kingdom Hearts 3: The Novel Vol. 1 February 2020

I think this new novel material is essentially a prototype (of sorts) for ideas in consideration for the Re:Mind DLC or Uχ updates.
  12. Ultima Spark

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

Yeah, I'm wondering if these changed Org. fights are just optional boss shenanigans or actual changes to the main story (something that's never been done before in the series). Gonna be real interesting to experience if it's the latter.
  13. Ultima Spark

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III Vol.2 New Seven Hearts releasing July 25th

So I'm guessing a four-part adaptation (Speculation incoming. v3: Caribbean, San Fransokyo, Aqua & Ventus retrieval, respite interludes; v4: Keyblade Graveyard stuff, ending/epilogue/secret ending, possibly some DLC story content), which would make the English adaptation a two-parter. Structured...
  14. Ultima Spark

[SPOILER] Full Back Cover in English!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGVFGWcqns English version still up, but it's from a stream so the streamer talks over it sometimes (movie starts at about 12:40).
  15. Ultima Spark

Kingdom Hearts 2 Retrospective

Semantics...dogeza isn't strictly for apologising, it's a general gesture of absolute submission and willingly shaming yourself; it's only performed when you really mean it. So yes, begging for someone or something important (like Sora does in this scene) would fall under that.
  16. Ultima Spark

Any News on the Yen Press KH Manga and Novel Translations?

I could always point you to the JP raws, if that helps?
  17. Ultima Spark

Castle Oblivion - Where do you think the Sleeping Chamber is?

Maybe it's an extra-dimensional space only accessible through the castle?
  18. Ultima Spark

Weird Translation?

The "10 years too early" quote is a metaphor for youthful inexperience (something similar was said in Japanese FF9 as well). It'd sound a bit too awkward in English if said literally.
  19. Ultima Spark

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Retrospective

Every official source I can find/recall (most recent being the Memorial Ultimania) has consistently stated that only the strong-willed become Nobodies, and only the strongest-willed of those retain whatever form they had in life.
Back