• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Launchpad

Gameplay expectations

Definitely not. There are almost no shared assets between KH3!Quadratum and San Fransokyo.
  2. Launchpad

Gameplay expectations

I honestly think Vader should adhere to the rules of most KH3 superbosses, albeit less punishing and easier to understand for newcomers. Unlike most fights, Vader should not be free to attack. If you just fly in willy nilly, he should auto-punish you for a certain amount of your health. Vader's...
  3. Launchpad

This place still exists?

Forums are preferable to Discord in that small talk, self talk, and off topic conversations will usually run over any specific topic in a discord server, seen it a thousand times. It's a lot easier to get in on an extremely granular topic in a forum
  4. Launchpad

Happy 22th Birthday KINGDOM HEARTS | Child of Destiny

I misheard the YMX portion at the end, but the point still stands that cloned AI voices harvest data (emphasis, pronunciation, diction, tone, emotion) from non-consenting performers, even if the 'original' synthetic voices aren't specific clones of anyone in particular. The formation of this new...
  5. Launchpad

Oh, is that right? Did Ben Diskin (whose voice is poorly cloned in this video) consent to being used? I have my doubts. please never promote one of your dogshit videos on this forum ever again
  6. Launchpad

not big on AI voices being used for stuff like this edit: actually, i'm being too nice. this fucking sucks.
  7. Launchpad

When are we expecting news?

I don't see what the big deal is. News has been slow, website activity has been slow, this thread's been a catch-all for general KH and KH-adjacent discussion.
  8. Launchpad

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

Fun fact! A free mobile game with MTX will never be innately fun to play on its own. If the game is fun, there's no reason to spend money. These games will impose frustration and limitations to influence the player to pay their way past said limitations. It's a completely opposite objective from...
  9. Launchpad

Did Nomura draw this? I know he drew the OG coverart for Neo TWEWY but if he drew this additional part, I guess that means there's no hard feelings when it comes to how thoroughly and shamelessly Reynatis has jacked his style
  10. Launchpad

Kingdom Balls

Not to swing on Rick and Morty's behalf of all things, but they aren't straight up referring to testicles here, but rather making a reference to Dragon Ball, as seen by the orb in the logo. No doubt, they wanted one and all to at least THINK it was about gonads, but, it at least has one...
  11. Launchpad

with peace and love, I won't be playing it. it doesn't look fun and has very little in common with what I like about KH. If you love it, that's awesome! I'm simply observing the fact that I have seen very few people excited for this game, and that SE's previous KH mobile game efforts have...
  12. Launchpad

wherein lies my skepticism at this games entire concept. No Sora, Donald, and Goofy? de-emphasized Disney fun in favor of, uh, X-saga lore? paying extra money just to consistently be able to engage with a combat system that'll only have a tenuous grasp of action mechanics? They're making this...
  13. Launchpad

You can turn it off, but... I believe there are significant drawbacks. You can play a little bit from home, but to progress and continue playing on a daily basis, you have to engage with GPS mechanics.
  14. Launchpad

KH and FF7 Rebirth are hard to compare

Oh, I like the combat a lot too! My operative word was 'profoundly' regarding depth and fun. It's enjoyable but not mindblowing to me, on its own. To me, Rebirth is succeeding on the incredibly grand sum of its parts, where KH usually owes its success to the granular detail of its mechanics.
  15. Launchpad

I don't intend to sound snarky, but you're describing an extremely insulated portion of the fandom. The broader market doesn't even know what the X saga is. GPS games can succeed, as can 3D action games, even on a phone. I think the two ideas are diametrically opposed, however, especially when...
  16. Launchpad

I hate to be negative, and it brings me no joy to say it, but with the extremely long wait (2+ years from reveal to release for a MOBILE GAME) and the lack of any enthusiasm online, I feel like we're all standing around watching Kingdom Hearts' biggest failure happen in slow motion. What's a...
  17. Launchpad

As I was saying. "sorry for no kh4 news for two years, here's a text update regarding butt-ugly gacha shit"
  18. Launchpad

This is what really fucks me up. We were STARVING and DYING back then, and yet somehow, for unknown reasons, we're in a worse drought now. Even if they pop up in a week with a new trailer, I have to wonder... What went wrong? There has to be a reason.
  19. Launchpad

missing link news will satisfy less than 5% of the fanbase. at this point I really think it'd be a bad idea to show more missing link before kh4
  20. Launchpad

KH and FF7 Rebirth are hard to compare

This might be an odd point of comparison, but I've been comparing Rebirth in my mind to the core KH experience a lot, and what I've concluded is this-- FF7 Rebirth has great extrinsic motivation, whereas Kingdom Hearts has great intrinsic motivation. I don't find any one piece of gameplay in...
Back