• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. R

The Content of Hearts?

"Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts." I haven't been following Chi very much, but I was told not too long ago that the people...
  2. R

Kingdom Hearts 2 Retrospective

I never really got why the whole Ansem not being Ansem thing is a bad thing. Sure, it's superflous and convoluted, but I wouldn't exactly call it terrible. What exactly makes it so destructive to the narrative? So a character gets a name change? So what?
  3. R

Seconded. And no one can top Billy Zane.
  4. R

So, what is your opinion of the Yugioh franchise? I know GX had an insufferable amount of filler, but apart from that...
  5. R

Personally I don't much care for Pete. He might've been a decent world villain (and indeed, he fills his role in Timeless River just fine), but as perhaps the most recurring villain in a 50 hour long video game? There's just not enough depth to him to justify all the screentime, especially when...
  6. R

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Retrospective

We see heartless fulfill orders more complex than just "take this heart." The Pot Centipede heartless' objective was to escape with Princess Jasmine. Heartless in this very game are shown to be capable of guarding things or being directed even at targets that don't have hearts. I don't think...
  7. R

I'd take a moment to say that I don't really get what narrative purpose the lesser nobodies are supposed to serve. From a Lore standpoint they're...bizarre. Nobodies are the bodies and minds of people strong enough to continue living after their hearts were stolen. If that's the case...why don't...
  8. R

I think it's worth noting, that the Replica walks away at the end at the end of Sora's story mode. Namine is right there, and she very well might need him in the future, but...he walks away. To me that sends a very clear message. It says he's not content with the way things.
  9. R

The thing about Namine telling Riku to use the Darkness as well as the Light is...it's a gamble. Darkness is power, but it's also corrosive. We see how it works in the series, again and again. Darkness isn't necessarily evil, but it correlates with negative emotions. You tend to need to draw on...
  10. R

That was certainly a...grotesque entry. Gets you thinking at least, I like it.
  11. R

Kingdom Hearts Retrospective

I quite enjoy this retrospective, good work. I think you're maybe a notch too critical at times, but still. A few things though? First of all, I'm pretty sure Ansem WAS the source of all Heartless. There's no evidence of Heartless showing up in the Realm of Light until Ansem's Heartless showed...
  12. R

In BBS what did you think of this cutscene?

Terra seemed to be fighting back pretty well at the time. Aqua presumably assumed he'd be able to break free from Xehanort's control. And abandoning a friend isn't something you do lightly.
  13. R

In BBS what did you think of this cutscene?

Well sure. All the same, what defines a story are the parts of the world you shine a light on. Even most picturesque settings logically have plenty of sadness, if people live and die like in our world. What makes those settings picturesque is the fact that we never focus on that sadness.
  14. R

MX = Villain Sue?

I don't think his intelligence is too ridiculous. He's smart, but not unbelievably so. And I'm not sure why you think he makes everyone around his stupider? It's not like the KH crew were ever master planners, they largely solved each game's dilemma by attacking the problem head on. I will...
  15. R

Aqua goes super saiyan

And the Lingering Will doesn't even a heart. Which should make it way, way weaker. Hearts are important; I fail to see why it would ever be stronger than Terra. It doesn't matter that it's a suit of armor, Xehanort can destroy armor pretty easily (Ventus' armor broke somewhat just from hittting...
  16. R

Aqua goes super saiyan

He lost to the Lingering Will, which is Terra. Either the Lingering Will got a sudden, huge powerboost to make it stronger than Terra originally was, or Terra was always strong enough to take down Xehanort (or at least an enraged Xehanort). Either way, we have a teenager beating a guy who's had...
  17. R

Aqua goes super saiyan

You might notice before too long that strength in the Kingdom Hearts franchise is rather difficult to make a consistent measure of. Eraqus and Xehanort had both been masters for years, yet were matched by keyblade wielders in their teens. Sora can sometimes cut through blocks of skyscrapers...
  18. R

Why Pureblood Heartless don't release hearts

Re: why pure blood heartless don't release heart's It comes off as really arbitrary. Why should purebloods act differently from Emblem heartless if Emblems are just copies of purebloods? Even if pureblood heartless are embodiments of the darkness of the heart, it doesn't seem unreasonable to...
  19. R

How do you feel about time travel?

It's ridiculous. The only plot element in Kingdom Hearts that I think is too convoluted, not because it was explained poorly, but simply because it exists.
  20. R

Xehanort's memory

How fortunate. I think I took my theories a bit too far, but this thread has helped to mold and solidify my views on canon. And for that I thank you.
Back