• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Blackdrazon

Common Elements and Themes in KH and Final Fantasy III

During my Kingdom Hearts Retrospective, I've repeatedly mentioned that I see a great number of connections between Kingdom Hearts and one Final Fantasy game in particular: the original Final Fantasy III, released on the Famicom in 1990 (and not to be confused with FFVI, which was released in...
  2. Blackdrazon

Film ► How Many Original Disney Sources Have You Read/Seen?

As you know, most of the Disney classic animated films are based on an older work. But how many of those older versions have you actually read or seen? To help you get started, here's a list of all the sources I'm aware of. Note that I'm not including any one of the animated shorts that...
  3. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Retrospective

My look back at the Kingdom Hearts series continues into Birth by Sleep! The Kingdom Hearts Retrospective updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. If you want to get started with the original KH1 retrospective, check out the Introduction or the KH1 Retrospective's first post! Get Started with BBS...
  4. Blackdrazon

FrustratedJacob "Reverse/Rebirth"

Jacob and Joey are back at last! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATXjMlpOTa0 I know the original playthroughs for KH1 and Sora's Story were popular here at KHI, so I thought I'd post the new video because of their overlong hiatus.
  5. Blackdrazon

Identifying Two Voice Actors - Need a good ear!

I was looking over my KH2 Retrospective for editing the other day and I realized that I neglected to credit two KH2 voice actors that appeared very early on the game. You probably remember the Struggle Tournament in Digital Twilight Town on Day 4, yes? In the build-up to that tournament, you...
  6. Blackdrazon

Length and Number of Worlds

There have been a few reviews out for 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage lately saying the game runs 3-4 hours. Now, previously interviews have suggested that 0.2 would be about the length of a whole KH3 world. I don't personally know if I believe that, but if that is the case, that means worlds in KH3...
  7. Blackdrazon

Extracted Data?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any access to data extracted from the game? I'm specifically looking for clean images of the book from the level-select screen.
  8. Blackdrazon

Mission Crown List?

Does anyone know if there's a list out there, somewhere in the internet, listing the exact number of Mission Crowns returned by each Mission during your first victory in each mission? Everyone seems perfectly happy saying "It's from 2-9 and bosses are worth more" but I'm looking for specifics.
  9. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Retrospective

My look back at the Kingdom Hearts series continues into Days, with a detailed look at both the game and film! The Kingdom Hearts Retrospective updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. If you want to get started with the original KH1 retrospective, check out the Introduction or its first post! Get...
  10. Blackdrazon

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Coronation of Light (Fan Game Design/Fic)

Purpose This is not going to be your typical fanfic - rather, it's going to be a series of atypically formatted fan-game-design document-style posts covering a hypothetical Kingdom Hearts game about Kairi's training with a Keyblade, set sometime between DDD and KH3. My effort is to copy the...
  11. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts 2 Retrospective

My look back at the Kingdom Hearts series continues into KH2, in what may very well turn out to be the biggest part of the Retrospective! The Kingdom Hearts retrospective updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. If you want to get started with the KH1 retrospective, check out the Introduction or first...
  12. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Retrospective

My look back at the Kingdom Hearts series continues with Chain of Memories, and an up-close look at both versions, new and old! The Kingdom Hearts retrospective updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. If you want to get started with the KH1 retrospective, check out the Introduction or first post...
  13. Blackdrazon

Trophy Completion Statistics

Last June, Th Key of Destiny posted a thread about Trophy Completion rates in the 1.5HD collection. I felt the data he pointed out was interesting, so made a note to gather similar data once 2.5HD had been out for a similar amount of time (8 and a half months). I'm two weeks or so early but...
  14. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts Retrospective

I got into Kingdom Hearts fairly late. I never even had a Sony console until I got a PS2 near or after the launch of the PS3, so 2006 or 2007. This has always left me in a bit of an odd position with the series: none of the teenaged nostalgia, but enough of the joy of playing the newer games...
  15. Blackdrazon

Final Fantasy Marathon Journals - Playing them all, from start to finish...

For the past five or six years now, my friend Kyle and I have been attempting an insurmountable challenge. Having already toppled a few other game franchises in what we called "The Marathon," he challenged me that we should play the Final Fantasy games. "All of them?" I said. "All of them,"...
  16. Blackdrazon

Merlin's Doors

I've never checked and now I'm curious: what happens if you don't open Merlin's front door (the one with the Fire symbol)? Can you still get in the back door via Leon's training cave? If the answer is yes, do you get the cutscene with Kairi and Merlin immediately on entering? Is the door...
  17. Blackdrazon

Kingdom Hearts X[chi] - The Story So Far...

Hi! I assume you're here after seeing GameTrailers'/KHInsider's collaboration episode Episode 4: The Foreteller's Prophecy. I'm here to provide you with a brief story summary of events in the game so far. I'm going to assume you've already seen the Episode, and will try to repeat as little...
  18. Blackdrazon

Which Plot Twists did you Guess?

Obviously this topic is spoiler city! I'm curious which major plot twists from the series players managed to guess ahead of time! "Ahead of time" is going to be subjective, so stick to your best judgment. I'm going to make a checklist of sorts, including all the possibilities I feel were...
  19. Blackdrazon

Help me understand Berserk Charge

I'm trying to fight some Mushroom XIII and am having trouble understanding the Berserk Charge ability. Some sites have recommended equipping the Fatal Crest and Berserk Charge. Does this doubling up actually do anything? I'm Shield, so I'm still a few levels from getting the ability and...
  20. Blackdrazon

Learn any new tricks?

Between all the re-releases, new content, and Trophies, and KH2's new difficulty mode, I'm sure I'm not the only one finding new ways to play these games. I'm wondering: have any of you discovered any new things in your most recent playthroughs that you never noticed before? Any new strategies...
Back