• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. h.e.hassanein

Kingdom Hearts 2 Retrospective

Oh hey, I got the weirdest shoutout I can imagine getting :biggrin: Thanks for that portion, and yeah overzealous does seem to describe this mystery modeler well
  2. h.e.hassanein

Where is the Japanese in KH?

Hey all, I've been thinking about doing my masters in Japan for a while and have been reading up Japanese culture. I've also been playing KH from way back in 2004 before I even knew what Square Enix was or where they are based. Since I've been introduced to it from such a young age through a...
  3. h.e.hassanein

So I was wondering if I'm the only one at this point really ready to see what Blackdrazon will have to say about that unfortunate incident with Kairi and her undergarments? Like yes the game is finally ending and there is so much to cover but....what was that about?!
  4. h.e.hassanein

Yaaaaass, taking you to the highest-levelled world you've seen yet so that you're already intimidated and then making you completely helpless? Even after you regain DG as party members, just exploring the castle is something else in comparison to the rest of the worlds we've seen in the whole...
  5. h.e.hassanein

I recently played KHI (or rather played through my friend who was playing for the first time) and the whole time I was mentally comparing the two games and...it's amazing because KHI checked every metaphorical point on the things-that-make-me-better-than-KHII list, but I could still understand...
  6. h.e.hassanein

What do you think of 358/2 Days?

I actually disagree on that when it comes to KH2, just because that'd mean you having to filter out at least 95% of the cutscenes from the Disney worlds which makes up the bulk of the game's cutscenes. It'd kind of be like watching Sora's story from COM on Theatre Mode VS. Riku's, since Riku's...
  7. h.e.hassanein

Seconded, and since I really love the ending I'm surprisingly eager to watch it be butchered before mine eyes :) Seriously tho, I can't wait to be shown all this stuff I never thought about in the 4 times I've played that game- where did Riku's keyblade come from??
  8. h.e.hassanein

Okay others (most notably alexis.anagram) have replied in my absence much better than I could've regarding one thing that you brought up, which wasn't really my point at all. I find them defending Days' story which you seem to be criticizing- which is valid! But what I was trying to point out in...
  9. h.e.hassanein

I'm actually surprised at the amount of hate this game gets- to be fair, i've only watched the cutscenes so i have no idea how bad the gameplay was like....but considering that the thing i hold KH up to highest is the story it tells and the characters I'e come to love. So I like this...
  10. h.e.hassanein

That's true...I guess you could chalk that down to the rose thing not being handled until KH2, but even after you finish Beat's Castle's storyline the curse remains unlifted :/
  11. h.e.hassanein

This actually makes a lot of sense- KHII's story itself was drawn out and the multiple visits to the Disney worlds doubled the amount of time it takes to finish the game. Looking back I have no idea how I never realized what a giant it was in comparison to the test of the series. However, I'd've...
  12. h.e.hassanein

Lit ► Pottermore's new sortings for Ilvermorny

So I can't be the only potterhead on this site, right? A few days ago Pottermore released info on this new, North American wizarding school called Ilvermorny (not without criticism ) and a new sorting quiz to boot. What do you guys think? Also, what houses were you sorted into?
  13. h.e.hassanein

Me too, especially since it's kind of the antithesis to the weird Mulan helplessness that was discussed in the previous post...I mean I guess the way it's animated it doesn't seem like her blow to the ribs should have the impact it does on Xaldin so maybe people thought it was weird that Beauty...
  14. h.e.hassanein

What got you into the Kingdom Hearts series?

Mike's Super Short Show introduced me to the series with his ads for CoM, so when my dad randomly took me to the video game aisle at like Target or whatever I picked KHI out...but I was 9 then and couldn't get past Alice's world (I kept hitting the cars, not the bell tower thing). Flash forward...
  15. h.e.hassanein

KH2 Donald & Goofy vs KH1 Donald & Goofy.

I thought the triangle button only called donald and goofy to your side?
  16. h.e.hassanein

KH2 Donald & Goofy vs KH1 Donald & Goofy.

Storywise KHI since I feel like their dialogue had more thought put into it and they actually had some conflict between themselves and sora which made them feel more like essential characters to the story than lackeys. on the other hand donald would not! stop! dying!!! in the first half of khI...
  17. h.e.hassanein

What are some of the worse aspects in the KH series.

Dialogue. For years I've played these games because I love the characters, the story- all of it. But in some games more than others the dialogue can get cringe-worthy and a little minimal. Strong, lasting bonds are formed between characters that hardly talk to each other. I get that the game...
  18. h.e.hassanein

Oh god, I used to read the retrospectives way back when Kingdom Hearts I was getting wrapped up! So glad you're still making them, they're always a pleasure to read xx
  19. h.e.hassanein

Black Coaty/Master of Master's Intentions

Yes, of course if it goes that way then that wouldn't make MoM (lol just realized without the capitalization we could just call him mom) the Big Bad...but what I'd personally be annoyed at was if it's one of those 'whoops we were after the wrong guy all along xD' kind of thing and that's how...
Back