• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Luminary

Yoko Shimomura to Receive GDC Lifetime Achievement Award

It was announced earlier this week that Yoko Shimomura, composer of Kingdom Hearts, will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at this year’s Game Developers Choice Awards in March. Excerpt from the announcement: Outside of Kingdom Hearts, Shimomura is also well known for her...
  2. Luminary

Disney Partnering with Epic for new Disney Gaming Universe

Disney has announced they are partnering with Epic Games to create a new gaming universe connected to Fortnite that brings together all of their franchises. They will also be investing $1.5 billion into Epic for an equity stake in the company. “Our exciting new relationship with Epic Games will...
  3. Luminary

Super Mario RPG

Is anyone else around here as excited for this remake as I am? If you never played the original, I would highly recommend it to any Kingdom Hearts fan. In various ways, I see this game as a precursor to KH. Not only was it also developed by Square as a sort of spiritual crossover with Final...
  4. Luminary

Disney+ Originals in KH4 and Beyond

If Square Enix were to implement worlds or characters from Disney+ content in KH4 and beyond, what would you like to see? While some of the Disney+ projects have been a mixed bag in terms of overall quality, I think there are at least some good characters and set pieces that could make for...
  5. Luminary

Happy Birthday, Nomura! (Ask Him Anything)

In honor of Tetsuya Nomura’s 53rd birthday today, I thought it could be fun to find out what burning questions you would ask him about KH4, the general future of the franchise, or unresolved mysteries. Personally, I would ask him what themes he wants to explore in this next story arc. Will the...
  6. Luminary

Several Western Square Enix Studios Acquired by Embracer Group

Square Enix has entered an agreement to sell Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal, and Square Enix Montreal to Embracer Group. Deal likely to close this summer. IPs included are Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain.
  7. Luminary

KH4 Development Timeline

Magic is in the making everyone! But just how long is it going to take to brew this newest entry in the KH franchise? What we know: The game is in early development and will be transitioning from UE4 to UE5. However, this is a more seamless transition than the switch from Luminous to UE4 that...
  8. Luminary

New AAA Marvel and Star Wars Games from Skydance Media

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/skydance-new-media-marvel-entertainment-all-new-interactive-title “Skydance New Media, the new interactive division of Skydance Media helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, announced today a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to develop...
  9. Luminary

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy released yesterday and I’m curious if anyone else has picked it up yet or plan to. I’m only in the middle of Chapter 3, but wanted to share my thoughts so far. I’ll probably post a follow up once I beat it. They nailed the chemistry between the Guardians. I love that the...
  10. Luminary

Cartoon/TV ► Magic Kingdom TV Universe

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/magic-kingdom-tv-universe-in-the-works-at-disney-exclusive Per The Hollywood Reporter, “The media giant is teaming with For All Mankind creator Ron Moore to develop a franchise for streamer Disney+ that is set in Disney's beloved Magic Kingdom. The...
  11. Luminary

Cartoon/TV ► Percy Jackson TV Series Coming to Disney+

Rick Riordan, the author of Percy Jackson series, has officially announced that the books are being adapted into a live action series for Disney+ with the first season being based on the Lightning Thief! Unlike the films, both Rick and his wife, Betty, will be directly involved with the...
  12. Luminary

Film ► Onward (A Suburban Fantasy)

Disney•Pixar has announced their next project titled “Onward,” starring Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Octavia Spencer, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. It is set in a world of “suburban fantasy” and follows two elf brothers on an adventure to find out if there is any magic left in the world...
  13. Luminary

KH3 reference in Ralph Breaks the Internet? (Movie Spoilers!)

SPOILER WARNING: This thread will contain spoilers for Ralph Breaks the Internet, particularly how the characters end up at the end of the film as that is part of the potential reference’s context. Turn back now if you haven’t seen the film and want to go in blind. SPOILERS from here on...
  14. Luminary

Disney Characters in Original Worlds

With any remaining Disney worlds currently up in the air, what Disney characters would you like to see in original worlds like Remy in Twilight Town? For me, it would be Cruella de Vil. She’s such an iconic villain, but I don’t see 101 Dalmatians ever being a world on its own. I’m not...
  15. Luminary

Gummi Ship Analysis

In the new trailer, we got to see a lot more of our new gummi ship missions for KH3, so I wanted to do some analysis on what we saw and discuss some theories. First, we see a few different models of gummi ships: • I’m not sure if the first ship is in reference to anything, but feel free to...
  16. Luminary

Differences in Difficulty Modes

I was just reading about how Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s difficulty settings will adjust certain environmental factors that help guide you through the game. It made me wonder how Kingdom Hearts 3 might could adjust elements other than damage dealt and received in different difficulty settings...
  17. Luminary

Censorship in KH3

After seeing how the English version of Union Cross censored the sass out of one the events today, I began thinking about how censorship might affect the English version of KH3. As you may or may not know, there was actually a decent amount of censorship in KH2, particularly in Port Royal. For...
  18. Luminary

That Mystery Keyblade

So this is more of an observation than a theory. I don’t know if this has been pointed out already, but I noticed that Japan’s exclusive Keyblade has the same physical design as the mystery Keyblade that Aqua picks up, only recolored with different symbols. Both even have that sphere where...
  19. Luminary

Supporting Disney Characters

So I was going to post this thread earlier, but it felt like it was missing something. But some stuff DisneyXBirds95 said in another thread gave me the spark I needed to finish it. So credit to him for that inspiration and any similarities to his comment! Anyways... In previous KH games, many...
  20. Luminary

Ice Titan Boss Fight

Over on Reddit, user Matthew0337 pointed out that, during the Ice Titan fight in the E3 trailer, Sora is wearing his new clothes in the English version and his KH2 outfit in the Japanese version. Do you think this means anything? Are we going to be able to replay boss fights? Could it just be...
Back