• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. destinykh

The treatment of women in this series

Lol yeah, the fact that 12 of the original 13 Organisation members are male has long indicated to me that this is not a feminist, or equal representation, series. You're telling me of ALL the people in the world, males are the ones who have strong hearts, worthy to become humanoid Nobodies...
  2. destinykh

The treatment of women in this series

I wonder, is all this related to culture? Speaking as an Asian living in an Asian country, the discussion around minority and women's rights is nowhere near the huge thing it is in the West. Maybe we are looking at KH through a Western lens, a lens that the Japanese creators and players may not...
  3. destinykh

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

Am I reading this right? Eeyore is not in?! I'm sorry, you do not bring in 100 Acre Wood without including Eeyore
  4. destinykh

I'm a bit confused at the dramatic reactions to the leaks. I've watched the scenes, and it doesn't look like it's any difference in writing quality or cutscene direction post KH2? (in that its bad, but we all know this). If anything, I'm quite pleased the Disney characters get into the action...
  5. destinykh

I'm honestly so thankful for the leaks. Things like Radiant Garden + FF, an expanded Twilight Town, Rapunzel being a permanent team member... things that would have been a given, I'm glad that my expectations have been adjusted so I can focus more on the positives (better world design, the...
  6. destinykh

While I completely agree with you re:use of disney stories in KH, I'd like to point out that the most egregious example of uninspired Disney use was in KH2, where almost all of the world visits are filler, condensed versions of the movie plots, except without the charm, music and the magic. I...
  7. destinykh

Re: BIG SPOILERS: Apparently new KH3 footage from the game (someone may have it?) Couldn't that just be The Carribean?
  8. destinykh

KHI makes a KH game! Discussion #4: World and Level Design

Hey guys! Shamdeo has been really really busy these past few weeks hence the delay of new discussion threads, but I've decided to get the ball rolling again (we all need something to distract us from the semi-news drought). This week's theme is Story, Narrative, and Themes Design Characters...
  9. destinykh

Is Kingdom Hearts I really good or is it overrated due to nostalgia/first/original of the series?

Excuse me? XD We ARE talking about the company that gave us movies like Lion King and Tarzan, both of which deal with growing up in their own ways while still maintaining that innocent Disney charm.
  10. destinykh

There has to be an easier way to this

From Electrospencer's walkthrough. It works quite well for me in the past so try it out.
  11. destinykh

Did Demyx hide his true personality?

It depends on your definition of 'true' personality. He has been acting all wimpy and funny based on the memories of his human self, and as a result has been accused by the other Org members to pretend to be more human than he actually is. I don't think it's conscious on his part, because for...
  12. destinykh

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is] I'm with Chrono and localorange on this one. KH1 was built almost completely based on nightmare fuel: Classic Disney princesses whose hearts are being harvested? Check. Ruined Disney worlds? Check. Enemies...
  13. destinykh

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less DUMB than it is]

Re: Dream Drop Distance Wishes and Improvements [aka let's get KH less shit than it is] Personally, I'll take structured and formulaic over a plot that was all over the place. If anything, there wasn't an actual plot in KH2. It's mostly a cat and mouse game between Sora and Riku (and to make...
  14. destinykh

Did anyone else hate Vanitas?

Not necessarily. There are some great villains who are cute and cuddly unless their buttons are pushed. Vanitas was a troll, nothing more to it. He is to Master Xehanort like KH1 Iago is to Jafar IMO. Definitely wasted potential considering his awesome VA.
  15. destinykh

Why is Aqua so popular?

I fail to see how being trapped in absolute hell with nothing but shadows for company (as far as we know at this point) for months or years on end, and then eventually breaking down when she is told that there is salvation for her and the world is a sign of weakness >.> It's already a miracle...
  16. destinykh

Birth By Sleep Vol. 2 Worlds Theory/Speculation

Normal Disney interaction is the last thing I want to see if this game was to be set in apocalyptic versions of Disney worlds. There would be no sense of tragedy, no sense of isolation. If there were to be NPCs, I think sentiments are the way to go. Dark, twisted but sympathetic versions of the...
  17. destinykh

BBSFM Secret Ending confirms Mystery Game

Cinderella's world. Castle of Dreams.
  18. destinykh

Hunchback World Announced: Imagined Music Themes!

I seriously doubt there would be an exclusive boss battle music for Frollo, since almost all the Disney villains (even Maleficent, MALEFICENT!!!) share a generic boss battle theme, but holy sheeeet that doesn't mean it's not good. Your compositions are always a joy to listen to. But I would not...
  19. destinykh

Anyone Else Disappointed by Lea's Significance?

Oh I love you for this. <3 I'm all good with seeing him in BBS because it's in the past, and it was simply a cameo, but my god I will rage and sink even deeper into my Nomura hate if Lea returns in the future. He had a good storyline and a heroic death, what more does he need? Yep. I get...
  20. destinykh

Anyone Else Disappointed by Lea's Significance?

Like everyone else said, it was just right the way it was IMO. There was impact on the main character and it sheds light on Lea's and Isa's friendship without it being too shoved in the face (though I'll be rather pissed if Lea inevitably returns after KH2). However, what irks me more is that...
Back