• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Search results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. L

Cogs In A Machine

Those of you who follow me on Tumblr either will or will have already seen this. Idk, I felt inspired to make a poem about science and shit. When we were cavemen life was simple. Simplicity is always happy. Then we burned fires that lit the road to intellect and innovation— a path of pride...
  2. L

i am not thinking about space

or water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVIMJ2PL_8Y&feature=aso
  3. L

Masturbation is more tragic than a tsunami

Damn That's Whack - Louis C.K. Defends Masturbation on This Week “And later I’m gonna masturbate and I’m gonna think about you. And there’s nothing you can do about it.”
  4. L

Summarize that thing!

Okay, so I'm totally stealing this from I Ain't Got Time to Read That, but it seemed like a really good forum game! Basically, you give the title of a book, a movie, comic, game, website, concept, whatever; and the next person gives a quick summary. Maybe a sentence -- a paragraph at most. I'll...
  5. L

CLASSICAL CONDITIONING AWESOMES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo7jcI8fAuI&feature=player_embedded
  6. L

Gone to purgatory

for six days starting tomorrow. No AC, no phone, no Internet. ugh Sorry for any unreplied VMs/PMs, absences from RPs, and the rest of it. I'll get back to you when I get back. Stay awesome, guys.
  7. L

Inconsequential Nice Things

Seeing as we have a thread for inconsequential complaints, we should have a thread that counterbalances the negativity. Here, post stories about the seemingly meaningless acts of benevolence without any ulterior motive, either you've done for others or others have done for you, that nonetheless...
  8. L

Happy Birthday, King Sora X!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFh-rX_Sfhs Bring in the big two-zero with a bang! :D
  9. L

Inspiration

Some people are lucky enough to find inspiration in everything they come across; others find it entirely in themselves and they're even luckier; but far too many of us simply can't find am inspiration that matches our burning desire to create, and we end up not creating anything at all. This is...
  10. L

McFaeces: I'm loving it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u1N6QfuIh0g Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces Born of noble intentions, and no doubt an interesting angle from which to approach the global food crisis, but would you personally eat it? In sixth grade, when my school...
  11. L

LOGIC: IT WORKS ALL THE TIME.

Yes, yes, the number of victims also increases with the number of people involved, but it's still a comic, if snarky, way to illustrate how statistics can and are bent.
  12. L

LADY GAGA IS A HOMOSEXUAL WHO IS NOT GETTING INTO HEAVEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGExNhLYD4
  13. L

The Science of Why We Don't Believe in Science

This article popped up on one of my news feeds, coincidentally as I was musing about the futility of some arguments and debates -- namely evolution and creationism. The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science | Mother Jones An issue the article excluded is ESP and the entire field of...
  14. L

∶ ∶ ∴∵ ∷ The Cult of The Technogeeky Sciences (and Math) ∷ ∴∵ ∶ ∶

∶ ∶ ∴∵ ∷ The Cult of The Technogeeky Sciences (and Math) ∷ ∴∵ ∶ ∶ Because science and math are awesome, and, brothers and sisters, we need a place to: To join: submit an OPTIONAL report no longer than ten words how science and/or math has changed your life for the better. I'll...
  15. L

[R3-B3] Bonechill vs. GrandMaster_Chris

Yes, this is from the last round, but I really like this concept and it never got used. :( Arena:You are in an office building. A maze of cubicles spans the entirety of the twenty-ninth floor, where you will begin. Frosted glass panels substitute for the walls that separate the executives from...
  16. L

People with serious inheritable diseases should not be allowed to reproduce.

So I took this political compass test last night, and this was the only assertion that genuinely mired me; I saw equal arguments for and against, and though in the end I chose 'Agree', I don't. And at the same time I do. From a utilitarian perspective, following through with this is ideal: it...
  17. L

Do you read roleplays in which you do not participate?

Seeing as we already have a few threads that seek to elicit a general consensus from the roleplaying community across a few topics, I thought I'd throw in this poll to broaden the mix. Some questions for discussion. How often do you read roleplays in which you neither participate nor plan to...
  18. L

Help/Support ► How to betray a friend

I generally pride myself at keeping out of situations where I have to choose an evil, but it seems seven hours ago my vigilance has fallen short. I have an exam in two days, and in this exam you are given a case to research a month before. On the day you are allowed to bring in twenty sides of...
  19. L

PSIn: Scientia Potentia Est [Always Open]

The still of artificial, cabin-crew air pressed against every surface of the aircraft as it cruised, 39,000 feet above sea level, at seven hundred miles-per-hour, a metal bullet in the glint of moonlight. A careful concoction of ozone, lemon-scented disinfectant and the fragrance of used diapers...
  20. L

[R2-B4] Chaosmax vs. Grace Falls

Arena:You are in an office building. A maze of cubicles spans the entirety of the twenty-ninth floor, where you will begin. Frosted glass panels substitute for the walls that separate the executives from the middle management; they edge the perimeter of the office. Ordinarily, office drones...
Back