• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

“I was today years old when I learnt...” - the personal KH discoveries thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
Have you ever discovered a detail, or a gameplay feature in a KH game that you’ve gone years without knowing about?

For example, I never knew until fairly recently that Peter Pan can revive you in KH2.

Soldier

Awards
Where to begin with this one....

VERY RECENTLY I learned that there are two rare reaction commands that hardly ever occur, one for air pirates and one to revive Leon when defending the gates to the town.

In KH 1 the Bizarre Room can be manipulated in more ways than I originally thought, the clock for example can be brought out of the wall and moved aside to access another section of the room. I didn't even know you could toss the rock into the pond in the lotus forest when you're a giant.

Somewhat recently
Demyx is weak to fire, which didn't click with me as I didn't grow up on final fantasy. Blizzard is classified as ice magic, so it makes sense from that standpoint. But typically, fire is put out by water.

AR829038

Awards
Yeah, the Leon reaction command at Hollow Bastion in KH2 is one of the most recent surprises I've seen.

Other than that, there's the fact that if you cast Firaga on Riku-Ansem during the fight at Hollow Bastion in KH1, he'll retaliate with Dark Firaga, which he never does otherwise. And then there's the exploding rock in Destiny Islands that covers the mushroom and self-destructs if you somehow get stuck on it. Also, that there's a hidden cutscene when you finish your first visit to Traverse Town where if you go back and find the Dalmatians' House, Leon will be there and he'll explain more about the puppies.

KHReCoM has a really interesting one: There are two secret cards that you can unlock that aren't listed on the game's database, a Gold Card and a Platinum Card. I forget what the Gold Card does, but the Platinum one makes you invincible, which is OP.

For KH2, there's a lot I didn't know about it until I was older. One thing I didn't know was that you can actually fight Shan-Yu's falcon. Or that there's a rare reaction command during the Sark/MCP fight where you can climb a wall and instakill Sark with a headshot. I also never even knew about the Struggle tournament toward the end of the game until I was older, not that I missed out on much with that (though it was amusing to hand Setzer's pompous ass to him Keyblade-master style).

There's some other stuff from BBS and DDD that I didn't learn about until I was older, too, but those basically just boil down to gameplay mechanics that I never bothered to experiment with. In terms of neat little oddities, KH1 and 2 (though mostly 1) take the cake.

Soldier

Awards
Yeah, the Leon reaction command at Hollow Bastion in KH2 is one of the most recent surprises I've seen.

Other than that, there's the fact that if you cast Firaga on Riku-Ansem during the fight at Hollow Bastion in KH1, he'll retaliate with Dark Firaga, which he never does otherwise. And then there's the exploding rock in Destiny Islands that covers the mushroom and self-destructs if you somehow get stuck on it. Also, that there's a hidden cutscene when you finish your first visit to Traverse Town where if you go back and find the Dalmatians' House, Leon will be there and he'll explain more about the puppies.

KHReCoM has a really interesting one: There are two secret cards that you can unlock that aren't listed on the game's database, a Gold Card and a Platinum Card. I forget what the Gold Card does, but the Platinum one makes you invincible, which is OP.

For KH2, there's a lot I didn't know about it until I was older. One thing I didn't know was that you can actually fight Shan-Yu's falcon. Or that there's a rare reaction command during the Sark/MCP fight where you can climb a wall and instakill Sark with a headshot. I also never even knew about the Struggle tournament toward the end of the game until I was older, not that I missed out on much with that (though it was amusing to hand Setzer's pompous ass to him Keyblade-master style).

There's some other stuff from BBS and DDD that I didn't learn about until I was older, too, but those basically just boil down to gameplay mechanics that I never bothered to experiment with. In terms of neat little oddities, KH1 and 2 (though mostly 1) take the cake.
The gold card allows you to reload premium cards for 5 reloads. Very useful if your deck is composed of them. It'd be great if you had that all game but oh well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Have you ever discovered a detail, or a gameplay feature in a KH game that you’ve gone years without knowing about?

For example, I never knew until fairly recently that Peter Pan can revive you in KH2.
The Peter Pan trick is what I used to get me to the Garden of Assemblage because I would die in the fight right before accessing the room.

I feel so dumb for saying this, but... a few months ago (OK maybe last year when I was replaying KH1), I discovered that you can freeze the bubbles in Hollow Bastion. I NEVER KNEW THAT.

AR829038

Awards
Another thing I never noticed is how Monstro's cutscenes with Riku change if you do Neverland first. I've always done KH1 in the same order, so there's a lot of alternate cutscenes like that that surprised me to see when i got older, like Snow White appearing instead of Alice at the Great Chapel in HB in that one scene.

okhi12

Awards
Until I read it one or two years ago here on the KHI forums I didn't know that in Deep Jungle Sabor can open more holes in the treehouse, aside from the one on the floor in the same spot where the pink agaricus spawns. I want to try it someday.

It wasn't until I got the Oathkeeper keyblade in KH2 that I noticed its keychain is actually Kairi's wayfinder, despite the scene in Traverse Town after rescuing Kairi in KH1. It was really obvious but back then I somehow didn't understand that Kairi giving Sora her lucky charm and obtaining the keyblade immediately after was actually the same thing.

Oh, and it took me forever to find out that you're allowed to use summons in the Chernabog boss battle if you land on his shoulder. I actually discovered it by myself in my third or fourth playthrough, even though it is common knowledge and mentioned in most guides.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Oh, and it took me forever to find out that you're allowed to use summons in the Chernabog boss battle if you land on his shoulder. I actually discovered it by myself in my third or fourth playthrough, even though it is common knowledge and mentioned in most guides.
You can also do it for the final Ansem fight. There are certain parts of the ship you can land on.

okhi12

Awards
You can also do it for the final Ansem fight. There are certain parts of the ship you can land on.
I know. That was much easier to discover because I always land to destroy those organic cannons that shoot lasers (I should ignore them because they respawn, but I do it anyway) and to kill the bubble thing with the creepy face.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I always find something new when I play through KH1. My most recent surprising discovery was that if you jump on the rock blocking the mushroom on Destiny Islands in such a way that Sora is just kinda floating there, in a few seconds the rock will break underneath Sora's ginormous feet. It has an animation, sound effects and everything. Who knew there was an alternative to pushing the darn thing?

Awards
Apparently there's something flying around Hollow Bastion in KH1. Rectangular and flat, with the same texture as the skybox.

Found this out on 4chan of all places with a link to the noclip website.

The guy who brought this up theorized that it's Aladdin's magic carpet, and is a leftover from when all the Disney princes would be at Hollow Bastion, but wasn't removed and instead was just retextured.

WaltK

Awards
Apparently there's something flying around Hollow Bastion in KH1. Rectangular and flat, with the same texture as the skybox.

Found this out on 4chan of all places with a link to the noclip website.

The guy who brought this up theorized that it's Aladdin's magic carpet, and is a leftover from when all the Disney princes would be at Hollow Bastion, but wasn't removed and instead was just retextured.
Is there a video clip of it?

okhi12

Awards

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I learned recently that you can see kairi hitting sora better in the PS2 version.

Back