• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

“I was today years old when I learnt...” - the personal KH discoveries thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I learned last year that every flat textures in wonderland mysterious room can be made full 3d by interacting with objects on the other side of the room. Like the pot that can appear as real when you turn on the faucet. Since it can only happen in late game, I always thought wonderland was poorly designed, but that's not the case.

Soldier

Awards
I learned last year that every flat textures in wonderland mysterious room can be made full 3d by interacting with objects on the other side of the room. Like the pot that can appear as real when you turn on the faucet. Since it can only happen in late game, I always thought wonderland was poorly designed, but that's not the case.
I know! I thought the same thing growing up. Kind of makes me want to boot up an old save file and see what I missed.

Awards
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I didn't immediately make the connection between the star going out (when Donald and Goofy arrive in Traverse Town) and Destiny Islands being consumed by darkness.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

I found the link on a reddit post from 3 years ago. Not the best quality but the flying rectangle can be seen perfectly.

I find this kind of stuff really eerie. Almost-lost and deconstructed remnants of familiar and comforting stuff (like mothballed rides in theme parks that still have signs or routes visible if you look close enough).

Fits the themes of Kingdom Hearts perfectly, too.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Don't trust anyone, not even yourself.

hl7mjion61k71.png

DPwCIuh.png

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The Toy Story car can also be seen in the office section of Monstropolis.

Zackarix

Awards
Cool Detail: The Heart Stations of the KH3 Worlds contain symbols that represent the Guardians captured there on the station's outer perimeter. (Source)
heartstations.jpg

WaltK

Awards
I just rewatched the KH1 secret endings for old time’s sake, and I hadn’t noticed before that, after Roxas throws the Oblivion to Riku, he summons the Kingdom Key in its place.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Cool Detail: The Heart Stations of the KH3 Worlds contain symbols that represent the Guardians captured there on the station's outer perimeter. (Source)
View attachment 14218
Oh this is cool. Hope these symbols will continue to be included. Also love having a proper at these stations, while diving you never get such a clear look at them and these are really great.

okhi12

Awards
Don't trust anyone, not even yourself.

hl7mjion61k71.png

DPwCIuh.png
Lol, I remember something similar happened in the original PS2 version of Final Fantasy X, where you can see Yuna and another Yuna behind Kimahri in one of the Kilika sending scenes. It was removed in the HD remaster version.

disney233

Awards
My dumbass self never realized the connections between Ariel & Riku until recently. Like...think about it.

Both of them long to see the worlds outside of their own.
Both would do anything for the dream to be realized, in desperation.
Both of them made deals with devils (Riku with Ansem/Maleficent & Ariel with Ursula).
Both their actions caused devastation to their worlds, one almost succeeded had it not for Sora's meddling, while the other DID succeed.
Both (or all 3) Devils got defeated by Sora, a personal preference, not really a connection.

How did I not notice something like this UNTIL NOW?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My dumbass self never realized the connections between Ariel & Riku until recently. Like...think about it.

Both of them long to see the worlds outside of their own.
Both would do anything for the dream to be realized, in desperation.
Both of them made deals with devils (Riku with Ansem/Maleficent & Ariel with Ursula).
Both their actions caused devastation to their worlds, one almost succeeded had it not for Sora's meddling, while the other DID succeed.
Both (or all 3) Devils got defeated by Sora, a personal preference, not really a connection.

How did I not notice something like this UNTIL NOW?

Yup, KH1 was heavily influenced by Disney Renaissance.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Riku was definitely the Ariel type of KH (so many animated characters since that film have imitated that character type of wanting escape from where they are or something that otherwise feels impossible)--and even Xehanort himself has that same trope to a degree. Kairi was more in the vain of Snow White and Aurora, I guess? Since she is asleep in a sense for the majority of the game. Sora, naturally, is Mickey Mouse. It was fun seeing those things in an anime form.

toniostarke

Awards
This might be slightly off topic, but, if I'm not the only one this happened to, somone else can learn something new. I remember playing vanilla KH2 on Ps2 and spawning in the first area in Land of the Dragons, and sometimes as soon as I spawn in, one of the Nobody Gummi ships flys by and shoots Sora and just disappears. Did this happen to anyone else?

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Have you ever discovered a detail, or a gameplay feature in a KH game that you’ve gone years without knowing about?

For example, I never knew until fairly recently that Peter Pan can revive you in KH2.
Not recently, but I VIVIDLY remember in the runup to KH3, I was making my friend watch all the cutscenes of all the games with me since he didn't have a system that could play all the side games (at the time). He had played KH1 and KH2 more than 5 years before and we were playing KHUX together. We had watched, in order, KH1, RECOM, KH2, 358Days, and we got to coded and I was like 'we'll watch this but tbh only like .0001% of Re:coded makes a fucking difference....'
Got halfway through it where I'm paying barely any attention and realize that the reason Maleficent is so interested in the digital journal is because it's related to the mobile game book of prophecies
I started cursing and swearing so loud my roomate thought I was being murdered because fucking NOMURA DID IT AGAIN.

WaltK

Awards
Something I discovered literally just now: so you know how in the journal you can bring up the character models, right? I was doing that in KH1. The vast majority of the models just stand there, with a few odd exceptions; Lock, Shock and Barrel are shown hopping from foot to foot, Sabor and Dragon Maleficent’s tails are moving, minor stuff like that. One particular oddity I found is that Selphie has her own little animation. She begins by just standing there like you’d expect, then after about two seconds she will then brush off her heel and put her hands behind her back.

This is such a random thing to include, it left me wondering if this was maybe a reference to something, like, from FFVIII maybe?

Last edited:
Back