• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

“I was today years old when I learnt...” - the personal KH discoveries thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Something I discovered literally just now: so you know how in the journal you can bring up the character models, right? I was doing that in KH1. The vast majority of the models just stand there, with a few odd exceptions; Lock, Shock and Barrel are shown hopping from foot to foot, Sabor and Dragon Maleficent’s tails are moving, minor stuff like that. One particular oddity I found found is that Selphie has her own little animation. She begins by just standing there like you’d expect, then after about two seconds she will then brush off her heel and put her hands behind her back.

This is such a random thing to include, it left me wondering if this was maybe a reference to something, like, from FFVIII maybe?
As someone who has NOT played FFVIII I can confidently tell you,
That I have absolutely no idea.
Also, Apparently they made Selphie's thighs a bit.... thicker in Re:Coded due to an oversight in programming apparently. Just throwing that out there...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
A few in KH1 that took me a while to notice:

- Donald breaking the fourth wall by grabbing the camera when he and Goofy are talking to Aerith.

- The existence of the Agrabah NPCs, including a palette swapped Wakka. And the peddler showing up at one point in Aladdin’s

- There’s an explosive sea urchin in Atlantica, like the one in Ursula’s lair, in the area of the calm depths with the large geyser. Exploding it will open up a new exit from that room.

- There’s a very short missable scene in Neverland if you try to open the door to the room Wendy and Kairi are being kept in.

- Hitting and knocking over the Queen of Hearts in the battle against the card soldiers will distract the red cards for a short time.

- The flowers you can give potions and other items to are a reference to the Golden Afternoon flowers from the movie. This one’s probably more obvious, but it took me a long time to pick up on as I wasn’t super familiar with the movie as a kid.

I swear I learn something new every time I play through KH1.

Also, in KH2, you can fight Seifer in the alley outside the Usual Spot during the Struggle tournament as Roxas.

HotGarbage

Awards
Something that i discovered recently is when Riku is in your party in KH2 and he die, your last word is Kairi. Aww that's cute.

LoneFox

Awards
So, I was looking for something with Google's image search, and among the results was this little gem: Ventus, Ephemer, Skuld, Strelitzia, Elrena, and Lauriam are V.E.S.S.E.L.

Unfortunately the link leads to a blank page, so I don't know who originally discovered this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, I was looking for something with Google's image search, and among the results was this little gem: Ventus, Ephemer, Skuld, Strelitzia, Elrena, and Lauriam are V.E.S.S.E.L.

Unfortunately the link leads to a blank page, so I don't know who originally discovered this.
Someone on Reddit made that observation. Not sure if it was in jest, but I assumed it was since they intentionally left Brain out as he doesn't fit into whatever point they're trying to make.

Zackarix

Awards
Someone on Reddit made that observation. Not sure if it was in jest, but I assumed it was since they intentionally left Brain out as he doesn't fit into whatever point they're trying to make.
If you include Brain and change Ventus to Dentus the KHUX cast now spells out B.L.E.S.S.E.D. :unsure:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That in KH2, Sora has a Limit attack with Riku. I've seen the hand bump part in gifs but it never registered in my mind that I never saw it in game. I just never noticed the option I guess. lol

There's also in BBS where Xehanort can slam Terra to the ground. Never happened during my playthroughs.

HotGarbage

Awards
In my recent playthrough of KINGDOM HEARTS Queerbaiting (DDD) I realize that Meow Wow is based on Utada Hikaru, they are both non-binary.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.png

WaltK

Awards
I just discovered a, kinda weird, hidden text-bubble-only scene in the second Beast’s Castle visit that I don’t remember ever seeing before.

Remember how just before Xaldin’s boss fight you have to fight off some lancers in the entrance hall, and then there’s the scene where he exits through the door into the courtyard, and you’re expected to follow him? If you decide to head on up to Belle’s room before that, there will be a scene where you find Belle sitting, seemingly sleeping, in a chair, with the Wardrobe saying she’s been like that ever since her argument with the Beast.

It’s a weird little scene that doesn’t make much sense, especially since she’s suddenly awake again when you immediately interact with her afterward (where she asks you to leave her alone for a while), but it exists.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was a few days ago old when I found out about the Ellone reference in Re:Mind. 😭 Squall’s family is forever a reference or cut segment away

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I saw a video on Twitter than in Kingdom Hearts 1 you can get an Elixir if you destroy a Fire Bandit when he’s about to do a fire attack.

I hope I’m remembering that right.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Recently, and this is dumb, I learned when you counter Data Lexaeus and depower him for a bit, Sora's level 100 power level rises for a split second before returning. I always wondered why Sora has a power level when it never changed unlike Lexaeus. I'm embarrassed I never noticed such a simple thing.

And I recently learned about the alternate cutscenes in KH1. Like if you skip Monstro and comeback after Riku disappears a evil Riku takes his place. So that brings the Riku count to like five? And if you do Coliseum after Hollow Bastion after Maleficent is defeated Hades still has a cutscene, a shorter one, but a cutscene non the less. It makes me appreciate that KH1 accounted for potential skipping worlds cutscenes.

Back