• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

“I was today years old when I learnt...” - the personal KH discoveries thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Recently, and this is dumb, I learned when you counter Data Lexaeus and depower him for a bit, Sora's level 100 power level rises for a split second before returning. I always wondered why Sora has a power level when it never changed unlike Lexaeus. I'm embarrassed I never noticed such a simple thing.

And I recently learned about the alternate cutscenes in KH1. Like if you skip Monstro and comeback after Riku disappears a evil Riku takes his place. So that brings the Riku count to like five? And if you do Coliseum after Hollow Bastion after Maleficent is defeated Hades still has a cutscene, a shorter one, but a cutscene non the less. It makes me appreciate that KH1 accounted for potential skipping worlds cutscenes.
It doesn't bring the Riku count to five cuz it's meant to be Ansem pretending to be Riku.

Soldier

Awards
True, I just think it's funny Ansem Seeker of Darkness is hanging around in Monstro for no reason. But then again Maleficent did too.
Well he is the leader of the heartless, a massive whale that defies anatomy and logic at the same time would produce a heartless of immeasurable power to his side. So why not stick around and see how the world goes?

Alexxio M.

Awards
I just learned that in English Shadow the Hedgehog shares the same voice actor as Saix/Isa and that now has me thinking about how the rest of the sonic cast fits with the twilight town gang
like Axel being knuckles, Roxas being Sonic even though his colors fit with tails more, Xion being either Tails or Amy, Blaze being Olette, Cream being Naminé, Silver being Hayner and Big being Pence yeah that sounds about right

WaltK

Awards
I only realised pretty recently that, at least in KH2, the 100 Acre Wood map is actually sloped, to account for the fact the book is propped on up on a desk. As such, doing an airslide to the south will send Sora flying into the air.

… I also noticed that even after you've cleared 100AW, the book will still have the old damaged cover when you look at it through first person. Was that always a thing, or is this an oversight of the HD version?

Guernsey

Awards
You can actually go to the World That Never Was without having to through Second World visits.

WaltK

Awards
I always used to think the tree slide minigame in Deep Jungle was pretty damn lacklustre with no variety because of how it's just the same single route to the campsite over every time.

…until last night when I suddenly noticed the end of the track had a fork in it that took you through a whole new cave section.

How the actual hell did I never notice this??

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I only realised pretty recently that, at least in KH2, the 100 Acre Wood map is actually sloped, to account for the fact the book is propped on up on a desk. As such, doing an airslide to the south will send Sora flying into the air.

… I also noticed that even after you've cleared 100AW, the book will still have the old damaged cover when you look at it through first person. Was that always a thing, or is this an oversight of the HD version?
This is also true of the KH1 version!
I always used to think the tree slide minigame in Deep Jungle was pretty damn lacklustre with no variety because of how it's just the same single route to the campsite over every time.

…until last night when I suddenly noticed the end of the track had a fork in it that took you through a whole new cave section.

There are several sections beyond even the cave, and finishing each one will drop you into a different area of the jungle.

Soldier

Awards

The jungle slider minigame has numerous levels. Collect all the fruit and you'll get some pretty good rewards, including the world's dark matter!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I never realized how much Neverland in BBS is inspired by Return to Neverland. There’s even a scene when Peter and Jane are flying and they spin the totem pole like you can do in BBS.

In my defense, the last time I watched this was long before BBS came out and same for the original film.

Back