• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

0.2 to Contradict 0.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Not that it really matters much in the grand scheme of things, but I thought of this when I was unable to sleep last night:

Okay, so you know how the Secret Episode in BbSFM happens at 0.5? And in that episode, Aqua sees the worlds falling into the darkness for the first time, Castle of Dreams there, etc.

Well, Nomura has stated that 0.2 won't stretch as far as his original vision for "A Fragmentary Passage" would have (made obvious by the new name), and we clearly know by the II.8 trailer and the demo that Aqua will be visiting Castle of Dreams during 0.2, so that event has been moved up from where it originally was hinted to be at in the Secret Episode.

We also know that Aqua's going to run into Mickey in this game, and I think it was pretty clear that (when they made the Secret Episode) she hadn't met him yet in 0.5...

Once again, this is really no big deal at all. It doesn't even truly change the story or anything...

But I do find it interesting. This is probably the closest thing we've ever gotten to a retcon in this series.

And I guess I am a bit worried for people who are only just now getting into the saga, and who don't read Nomura interviews and stuff because they don't know that they need to, and how confused they might be with this.

Because even when they play 0.2, they're probably going to wonder what that 0.5 stuff was about, and why nothing ever came of it.

I bring this up because I've been watching a blind Birth by Sleep Let's Play that someone did recently, and I feel kind of bad for the person. It was no doubt confusing for them, in seeing the secret ending (Blank Points)--without realizing that was the original secret ending to BbS--then seeing the opening cutscene to the Secret Episode (with the 1, 0, 0.5 stuff), playing the Secret Episode, and then witnessing the mind screw that was the BbSFM secret ending that hinted at BbSV2.

The LPer honestly felt lost about all that they had just seen, was questioning where the secret ending even was in all of that mess, and if there was more to the game that they were missing.

I really think that it was a bad idea of BbSFM to tag Blank Points to the beginning of the Secret Episode. I think they should have stuck it after the credits of the Final Episode (where it originally was), and have had it be completely separate from the Secret Episode, so there'd be less people trying to tack the two things together when they're not supposed to be.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i think all the coke makes nomura bad at math.

Beamer

Awards
Not that it really matters much in the grand scheme of things, but I thought of this when I was unable to sleep last night:

Okay, so you know how the Secret Episode in BbSFM happens at 0.5? And in that episode, Aqua sees the worlds falling into the darkness for the first time, Castle of Dreams there, etc.

Well, Nomura has stated that 0.2 won't stretch as far as his original vision for "A Fragmentary Passage" would have (made obvious by the new name), and we clearly know by the II.8 trailer and the demo that Aqua will be visiting Castle of Dreams during 0.2, so that event has been moved up from where it originally was hinted to be at in the Secret Episode.

We also know that Aqua's going to run into Mickey in this game, and I think it was pretty clear that (when they made the Secret Episode) she hadn't met him yet in 0.5...

Once again, this is really no big deal at all. It doesn't even truly change the story or anything...

But I do find it interesting. This is probably the closest thing we've ever gotten to a retcon in this series.

*Cough* Xehanort Time Travel Bungalow *Cough*

By the way, what exactly do you mean by 0.5? If you mean BBS volume II, Nomura had barely planned it out when he left the trailer behind. I mean he talks about discussing the "period of the king's absence", but we're not sure if that was meant to be in volume II. If you mean the Secret Episode, that's set before 0.2 & Aqua meeting Ansem the wise occurs after Kingdom Hearts II. There's a gap of time (naturally a shorter period than 11 years for Aqua) where she could potentially meet Mickey and be left behind for some reason.

And I guess I am a bit worried for people who are only just now getting into the saga, and who don't read Nomura interviews and stuff because they don't know that they need to, and how confused they might be with this.

Because even when they play 0.2, they're probably going to wonder what that 0.5 stuff was about, and why nothing ever came of it.

[...]

I really think that it was a bad idea of BbSFM to tag Blank Points to the beginning of the Secret Episode. I think they should have stuck it after the credits of the Final Episode (where it originally was), and have had it be completely separate from the Secret Episode, so there'd be less people trying to tack the two things together when they're not supposed to be.

I agree with you on both counts, but that's part of the reason forums like this exist. We're more able to answer questions like that for the uninitiated. It does however bring up the point regarding various wikis being out of date, but that's for another discussion.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
By the way, what exactly do you mean by 0.5?
She means that the Secret Episode in BBSFM start when the movie hits "0.5" but the Castle of Dreams shown at the end of the episode is featured in "0.2" which makes no sense and I agree.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, is it possible that we will actually encounter something or there will be more story before Aqua arrives to the Castle of Dreams? Maybe not a ton, but technically 0.2 should probably include something similar to Zero Point right? (a lead up to Castle of Dreams I mean)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
She means that the Secret Episode in BBSFM start when the movie hits "0.5" but the Castle of Dreams shown at the end of the episode is featured in "0.2" which makes no sense and I agree.

Thank you, ShardofTruth. I'm glad that someone was able to read the mess of text that I made to get what I meant. I really didn't explain it well at all:/ I should probably come back and try and word the initial post better when I'm not tired. Yeah, I'll try to do that tomorrow, I think...

@Beamer The only downside is that so many fans don't realize that they need outside help to understand the games to begin with. Oh Nomura, why did you have to relegate such important information to Ultimanias and interviews with you, and not put them in the games themselves? It's honestly bad writing, and has just made things overly complicated. I really hope that the next Saga learns from these mistakes.

You know, I wonder... would KHInsider be interested in doing a dummy's guide to KH, or something like that? I don't know what that would entail, exactly, but maybe something that informs people what games they need to play in what order, what things they need to read between them (that we'd hopefully provide links for), and that kind of thing?

No doubt it would be a massive overtaking, and if no one wanted to do this I'd completely understand (where would you even begin with making something like this, and making 100% sure that everything's accurate), but I just think about the new people getting into this series--ESPECIALLY the X-Box fans who might just get KHIII, and have no idea just what they'd be getting themselves into with that--and I pity them.

And it doesn't help that the wikis, TV Tropes, and even some other KH sites have wrong information, outdated information, and/or information that hasn't been updated in a while.

Honestly, something like this I would only ever trust this site to do well.

Beamer

Awards
@Beamer The only downside is that so many fans don't realize that they need outside help to understand the games to begin with.

While that's a fair assessment, I think that those people who truly want to understand do seek out those answers on places such as these forums. I know did, but then again people aren't me (that sounded awfully conceited, I apologize to those offended).

And it doesn't help that the wikis, TV Tropes, and even some other KH sites have wrong information, outdated information, and/or information that hasn't been updated in a while..

^This^ 100%

You know, I wonder... would KHInsider be interested in doing a dummy's guide to KH, or something like that? I don't know what that would entail, exactly, but maybe something that informs people what games they need to play in what order, what things they need to read between them (that we'd hopefully provide links for), and that kind of thing?

No doubt it would be a massive overtaking, and if no one wanted to do this I'd completely understand (where would you even begin with making something like this, and making 100% sure that everything's accurate), but I just think about the new people getting into this series--ESPECIALLY the X-Box fans who might just get KHIII, and have no idea just what they'd be getting themselves into with that--and I pity them.

That's actually not a bad idea! If you want I'd be willing to help on such a project. I'm certain other members would love to help out as well. If you're up for it, I'd say we start another thread discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back