• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

10 Minutes of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMix Gameplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMix Gameplay

That's because technically speaking these keyblades and the other ones are not the same. The graveyard keyblades here are part of a battle effect which are mostly 2D in BBS's case (come to think of it I think only Ven's Wingblades and Terra's hand of darkness thing are 3D models). Replacing them would have probably meant to redo all the associated effects which seems to be a step too far for SE.
This was a joke on how he said the keyblades were no longer cardboard cutouts. It was never serious lol.

Watching this again made me realise the one thing I hated most about KH2. Donald's "I'll get it!".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It was a toss up between that and I'll get it. Really I can not understand that duck.

The Toketsukage

It was a toss up between that and I'll get it. Really I can not understand that duck.

No one understands that Duck, and one day he'll be fed up with it and Donald will seek Kingdom Hearts for himself.

So did anyone else notice that in the demo where Terra is fighting the Wheel Master that the Wheel Master has higher HP than what it did in the PSP version? In the PSP version the main body had 400 HP, but in the demo it appears that it has nearly 500 HP though not exactly, so more like it has 475 HP in the demo. Do you think this means that some bosses are getting stat boosts? Lucifer still has the same HP though.

The Toketsukage

BBS looks so polished. c:

Makes me wish they would have just made BBS a PS3 game to begin with. It was originally a PS2 game, but was moved to PSP. If they had moved it to PS3 instead and called it KH Zero it would have probably helped keep people tied over more until KH3 was announced.

I hope, since Wheel Master seems to have gotten an HP boost this means other bosses will as well, especially bosses like Master Xehanort and the other final bosses.

padlock

Awards
I'm pretty excited, even though I'm not going to be anywhere near my PS3 when this comes out! The graphical improvements are so nice.... It's sad that they didn't have time to redo coded - again (lol) as I felt that that had the funnest gameplay, however that should be mitigated by, hopefully!, being able to change the command bar controls to the shoulder butons, and the camera controls heading to the right stick :) Can't wait to play the secret episode either! woohoo!

The Toketsukage

Ya know the best part about BBS on PS3? No slow down or lag. There have been times when i've played BBS on my PSP and character will start to walk without me making them do it and in the continue or skip scene selections the game will make it move between the selections. I can't wait to play BBS without any of those issues ever.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wow. I didn't even notice the "cardboard" keyblades until people here pointed it out in comparison to the remaster ones.

I've gotta do some direct comparisons.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Meh... BBS looks better emulated than it does on the remaster. Aside from minor tweaks in the textures (mainly Aqua's model), the emulation is more sharp and doesn't have a problem with aliasing.

They also changed the track from the original when Aqua fights to protect Kairi. change made by the uploader

22:30
[video=youtube;794Vl7jelIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=794Vl7jelIA&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh4YJ5wleLzccuEsfS8AK6JU&index=7[/video]
[video=youtube;Hrb1mFJmYi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrb1mFJmYi8[/video]

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
^I respectfully disagree. I think BBS looks far more polished and crisp in the remaster. That emulated version still has that flatness of the PSP hardware.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
^I respectfully disagree. I think BBS looks far more polished and crisp in the remaster. That emulated version still has that flatness of the PSP hardware.

Look at the background. The emulated version is noticeably sharper.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Look at the background. The emulated version is noticeably sharper.

But look at literally everything else in the PS3 pictures. The texture of Aqua's hair and clothing (ESPECIALLY those pink straps around her upper torso), the lack of jagged edges on her shoulders, the fully rendered keyblade, the slightly blurred backgrounds to provide a sense of depth, smoother Unversed color, the texturing on the brickwork, etc.

The PS3 version looks quite stunning, I must say.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
But look at literally everything else in the PS3 pictures. The texture of Aqua's hair and clothing (ESPECIALLY those pink straps around her upper torso), the lack of jagged edges on her shoulders, the fully rendered keyblade, the slightly blurred backgrounds to provide a sense of depth, smoother Unversed color, the texturing on the brickwork, etc.

The PS3 version looks quite stunning, I must say.

Either I am blind or we are looking at different pictures. :p

Her shoulders are ugly polygons on both versions. The ReMix also adds jaggies to the mix.

I cannot comment on the Keyblade cause they aren't the same Keyblades (Mickey's looks pretty much the same to me though)

If I could sum it up, I'd say that everything bar Aqua's model looks better on the emulated version.

It doesn't look "bad", especially when you compare it to the PSP's native resolution - but I expected that a little more care would be put into this.

Yessir_23

Awards
I agree with Nazo, I think you've sold me on the PS3 version! Aqua looks way better in terms of textures. When you consider the the second pic, it seems very much like SE added a blurred depth of field in the background on purpose as an improvement.

Also, the YouTube footage can't compare to the true game. I remember watching 1.5 online before playing it. That game looked much better when being played in 1080p. I just wish it was 60fps.

WaveK89

I knew Sora had a custom outfit for Christmas Town in Final Mix, but I never realized Donald and Goofy did, too. You think I would have caught that. Anyway, the hype train is still on the move. I can't wait to play BBSFM!!!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, the YouTube footage can't compare to the true game. I remember watching 1.5 online before playing it. That game looked much better when being played in 1080p. I just wish it was 60fps.

They are both from YouTube and I also have a 1080p version of the trailer without compression. That's not it.

Glad I sold you on the collection though :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I agree with Nazo, I think you've sold me on the PS3 version! Aqua looks way better in terms of textures. When you consider the the second pic, it seems very much like SE added a blurred depth of field in the background on purpose as an improvement.

Same here. I remember seeing all the promo screenshots and trailers and thinking the game looked stunning and then I booted it up on my PS3 and my jaw dropped and how incredible it looked in person. KHFM in 1080p is one of the sharpest, most beautiful games I have ever played.

Therefore, I can only imagine what 2.5 is going to look like. KH2FM and BBFM are already looking even sharper in their promo pictures and trailers. They're going to look ridiculous in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back