• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 Seekers and 7 GoL The Final Clash (Keyblades Required?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popsydoodles

So most people assume that to be a GoL you need to wield a keyblade. This idea is slightly reinforced by Kairi and Lea beginning their keyblade training to help in the fight and Mickey only counting known keyblade wielders on his team. But so far, on the dark side: Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix have not been shown to use a keyblade.

Does this rule not apply to the 13 SoD or are we going to see new keyblades for our SoD? Maybe they'll all use Goatblade? Is this necessarily even a real requirement that must be met to forge the true Xblade? What gives Nomura? I need to know.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

LightAndOblivion

It doesn't really matter if the 7 Lights or 13 Darknesses have keyblades or not since it's not the second Keyblade War. But the fight that brings about the Keyblade War that will eventually happen.

The 7 Lights or the speculated members just so happen to be keyblade wielders. That's all.

The 13 Darknesses have a piece of Xehanort inside them so theoretically they could all share his Keyblade if he allows it like we saw with Young Xehanort.

But there are those among the Darknesses who are already Keyblade wielders. Vanitas and Terranort if members can wield keyblades and the former even has one of his own. Xemnas was hinted to being able to use a keyblade as well but prefers not to. So that's 3 members outside of Master Xehanort who we know can wield one.

Maybe they could just nab one of the many in the keyblade graveyard or something

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
According to Nomura, Xemnas can wield a keyblade, but doesn't use it. Maybe it's the same with the others. :)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't think that it's a requirement, but at least most of the GoL's will probably have Keyblades. They're powerful weapons, after all... even if it's in the hands of a 14-year-old with no formal combat training, it's still enough to destroy giant Heartless with relative ease. Given what they're going up against, the GoL's are gonna need all the help they can get.

I mean, you're not required ​to bring a gun to a gunfight, but it's still a pretty good idea, for your sake anyways.

And because the 13 darknesses are all gonna have the heart of a Keyblade Master, it's guaranteed that they'll at least have the ability at their disposal. Though I'd much rather have them all use their own weapons most of the time, and to summon their Keyblades only as a last resort.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Oh, can't believe this was right in front of us -- but obviously Keyblades aren't a requirement if the PoH can be used as the 7 lights.

LightAndOblivion

I remember something along those lines, though.

Nomura left it a vague mystery for a reason so there's no "accurate" or "inaccurate" view on Xemnas being able to wield one. It makes sense but then it doesn't

But it won't matter since we'll probably see him whip one out in KHIII during the 7 vs 13 clash.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Nomura was asked the question post-BBS, he said he wanted it to remain a mystery for now, but then offered a possible explanation (what you said) that was obviously not the actual explanation since he just said he wanted it to remain a mystery. then KH3D came out with the actual answer (that Ansem lost the Keyblade by becoming a Heartless, and thus neither could Xemnas wield it).

Popsydoodles

Oh, can't believe this was right in front of us -- but obviously Keyblades aren't a requirement if the PoH can be used as the 7 lights.
I thought they could be used because the original Xblade is protecting them in some mystical barrier type of way?

Muke

whatever
Awards
-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

Read more: http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

huh.

LightAndOblivion

then KH3D came out with the actual answer (that Ansem lost the Keyblade by becoming a Heartless, and thus neither could Xemnas wield it).

That was Riku's speculation which does make sense and likely but still speculation. We don't really know what happened with Xehanort's keyblade nor if Xemnas had anything to do with it.

They didn't give us any real answers on the Xehanort thing

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I thought they could be used because the original Xblade is protecting them in some mystical barrier type of way?
Eh, it's left vague. All we know for sure is that the existence of the princesses caused the X-Blade's light half to break into seven. But we have no idea if that means there is a literal mystic barrier protecting them and that's how/why they can be used as lights. Yen Sid seems to suggest that they can be used as lights because they are the source of all light in the world, not because of the X-Blade.

Read more: http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

huh.
*clears throat*
Nomura was asked the question post-BBS, he said he wanted it to remain a mystery for now, but then offered a possible explanation (what you said) that was obviously not the actual explanation since he just said he wanted it to remain a mystery. then KH3D came out with the actual answer (that Ansem lost the Keyblade by becoming a Heartless, and thus neither could Xemnas wield it).

That was Riku's speculation which does make sense and likely but still speculation. We don't really know what happened with Xehanort's keyblade nor if Xemnas had anything to do with it.

They didn't give us any real answers on the Xehanort thing
Oof. Yes, you can consider it a true answer. They don't give information like that to characters in this series for it to be false. If we start questioning Riku's statement (which goes unrefuted by Ansem) then where does it end? Why are we not questioning Ansem's statements? YMX's? Yen Sid's? And so on.

It makes no sense for Ansem or Xemnas to have a Keyblade "and just not use it" because big chunks of their stories were about trying to find ways to acquire the means to have one.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I believe you are referring to this:

source: http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

Nomura seems to be implying that Xemnas can use one, but deliberately chooses not to, most likely because doing so would ruin his scheme to trick the other members into believing they don't have hearts.

Edit: I got ninja'd the diddly out of, wow

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
wat.

The original X-Blade hasn't been around since it shattered. It has been gone for a VERY long time.

The PoH's aren't protected by any sort of barrier; THEY are the "barrier" of sorts. Seven hearts of pure light to protect what's left of the world from the darkness, and all of that. They correspond to how the X-Blade shattered into 7 light shards, yes, but they themselves are not those shards.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Actually, that brings up something I've been wondering. Riku says to Ansem "Darkness stole your heart, and the keyblade with it". The same thing happened to Riku in KH1, albeit Riku didn't become a Heartless, but that's why Sora got the Kingdom Key. Why then does Xehanort still have a keyblade when he's blatantly given in to the darkness? MX is destroying worlds and shooting darkness bullets at Mark Hamill, clearly the dude's succumbed to it. Why can he still wield a keyblade if giving in the the darkness causes you to lose the ability?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Actually, that brings up something I've been wondering. Riku says to Ansem "Darkness stole your heart, and the keyblade with it". The same thing happened to Riku in KH1, albeit Riku didn't become a Heartless, but that's why Sora got the Kingdom Key. Why then does Xehanort still have a keyblade when he's blatantly given in to the darkness? MX is destroying worlds and shooting darkness bullets at Mark Hamill, clearly the dude's succumbed to it. Why can he still wield a keyblade if giving in the the darkness causes you to lose the ability?
"Darkness stole your heart" is a euphemism for "you became a Heartless".

Master Xehanort wasn't a heartless, thus he didn't lose his Keyblade.

The Keyblade does not differentiate between light and darkness -- all it cares about is if you have a strong heart, regardless of your alignment.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think there's a difference between using darkness/being influenced by it vs. turning into a full-on Heartless after your heart just gets completely swallowed by darkness or torn from your body.

EDIT: yaaaay, get ninja'd. But yeah, if simply using darkness caused one to lose the Keyblade, Riku shouldn't have his Way To The Dawn, now should he?

LightAndOblivion

They don't give information like that to characters in this series for it to be false.

Um Yen Sid and his explanation on the Nobodies that people have taken as gospel for years before DDD was a thing?

Master Xehanort's original explanation on how to create the X-blade in BBS before DDD was a thing?

I'm just saying while I can understand Ansem not being able to use a keyblade if him snatching Riku didn't make it obvious, it doesn't negate the idea that Xemnas could wield one in the least

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back