• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 Seekers of Darkness Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khspartan14

From what we've seen so far, do any of the seekers of darkness actually live in the present, or are they all past selves. Like Ansem, Xemnas, Saix, Xaldin were all killed (seems like the wrong word), and YMX just brought them from the past with time travel right? Is Master Xehanort the only one who's actually presently alive?

Awards
We know Master Xehanort is from the present and Ansem, Xemnas, and YX are from the past. As for Saix and Xigbar, it could go both ways. Either they were pulled from the past or they have become whole once more and exist in the present, just like the Radiant Garden Nobodies. As for the others, it's impossible to tell.

Even though we "killed off" most of the Orginization throughout COM and KHII, a Nobody can become whole if both halves are defeated (or come into contact with one another). When Sora destroyed the artificial Kingdom Hearts containing the hearts people, many previous Org members regained their exsistances.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ More or less what flyingfishstick has said.

MX is definitely of the present because his return was caused by Ansem and Xemnas defeat. It's also because of said defeat that we know Ansem and Xemnas are time travelers.
And it's been confirmed that Young Xehanort is a time traveler for both obvious and Nomura reasons.

The rest though....are completely up to both ways. Though Nomura did tease that not every member is a traveler:
—Were the 13 Seekers of Darkness, who were meant to be in different times, gathered by transcending time with magic?

Nomura: Just as it says in the story, to transcend time one must ‘first’ discard their form. As a result of the actions of the Brown Robed Figure, they all were in a state where they had gained the power to transcend time. The Brown Robed Figure explains the facts. The thirteen were summoned at the same time, this time thanks to Young Xehanort who borrowed that power. However, apart from Young Xehanort, that does not mean that all the members transcended time.
link: KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

khspartan14

^ More or less what flyingfishstick has said.

MX is definitely of the present because his return was caused by Ansem and Xemnas defeat. It's also because of said defeat that we know Ansem and Xemnas are time travelers.
And it's been confirmed that Young Xehanort is a time traveler for both obvious and Nomura reasons.

The rest though....are completely up to both ways. Though Nomura did tease that not every member is a traveler:

link: KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Wait, if xemnas and ansem are time travelers, when they went back to their roles in KH1 and KH2, wouldn't they lose their memories and abilities (like time travel) from the events of 3D? So is Nomura saying that just one person needs the time travel to summon everybody, and that in 3D it was Young Xehanort, and in KH3, it'll possibly be somebody else?

Gram

Banned
Awards
so is Nomura saying that just one person needs the time travel to summon everybody, and that in 3D it was Young Xehanort, and in KH3, it'll possibly be somebody else?

Edit because basically yes. Young Xehanort served that role in DDD by acting as everyones "portal" and YX himself gained the power from Robed Figure (disembodied Ansem).

All you need is one that can transcend time to gather everyone.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, upon returning, they will lose whatever they gained during the events of DDD. Thus, seen from the perspective of their own time, it's as though they never left for the future.

If I'm not mistaken, Young Xehanort is the bridge that connects the likes of Ansem SoD or Xemnas, one that anchors them to the future timeline. He gained the ability to travel through time by getting in contact with the Robed Figure, which was Xehanort's heart without bodily form. I think it's a given that he will continue to serve as this bridge in KH3.

khspartan14

Yes, upon returning, they will lose whatever they gained during the events of DDD. Thus, seen from the perspective of their own time, it's as though they never left for the future.

If I'm not mistaken, Young Xehanort is the bridge that connects the likes of Ansem SoD or Xemnas, one that anchors them to the future timeline. He gained the ability to travel through time by getting in contact with the Robed Figure, which was Xehanort's heart without bodily form. I think it's a given that he will continue to serve as this bridge in KH3.

But wasn't it kind of a one time thing, now that Ansem has a body, and Young Xehanort has lost all of his memories of 3D? Who's gonna go back again and give him time travel powers?

Gram

Banned
Awards
But wasn't it kind of a one time thing, now that Ansem has a body, and Young Xehanort has lost all of his memories of 3D? Who's gonna go back again and give him time travel powers?

Not necessarily. Yes YX returned to his time at the end of DDD however we dont know what he was doing before that, before DDD or even during DDD when not stalking sora.

YX, gaining time travel from Robed Rigure, could've been acting as the time summoner during kh3 as well as DDD before eventually going back to his own time after DDD. All we really know is where he went after DDD not what he was doing prior.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Didn't Young Xehanort get into contact with the Robed Figure during his youth, in his own time? Sure, if he gained that power outside of his time, say, his past or future, he would lose it upon his return, but that wasn't the case, which is why he was able to retain it.

khspartan14

Not necessarily. Yes YX returned to his time at the end of DDD however we dont know what he was doing before that, before DDD or even during DDD when not stalking sora.

YX, gaining time travel from Robed Rigure, could've been acting as the time summoner during kh3 as well as DDD before eventually going back to his own time after DDD. All we really know is where he went after DDD not what he was doing prior.

Didn't Young Xehanort get into contact with the Robed Figure during his youth, in his own time? Sure, if he gained that power outside of his time, say, his past or future, he would lose it upon his return, but that wasn't the case, which is why he was able to retain his power.

Thanks guys, that all makes a lot of sense. I think I can sleep now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Didn't Young Xehanort get into contact with the Robed Figure during his youth, in his own time? Sure, if he gained that power outside of his time, say, his past or future, he would lose it upon his return, but that wasn't the case, which is why he was able to retain it.

You misunderstand, I'm pointing out that YX could've very well been traveling in kh3 and DDD before eventually returning at the end of DDD to live his destined life.

There is also the Robed Figure, even though he eventually takes Riku's body and is defeated, we dont know what he was doing prior. He could very well be traveling acting as the portal for the norts in kh3 as well.

The point is we have two time displaced Xehanorts and while we know where they eventually end up we dont know what they are doing during their time travels before that.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think I really should make a habit of using the quote function especially when there's a possibility of multiple people replying to the same post within a short window of time, so that it's clear who I am responding to. This has happened twice in the past hour. -_-

khspartan14

One last question here. Could other darknesses be Xehanort at 25, Xehanort at 26, etc... I mean Nomura most likely would not do it, but is it credible? Because I imagine that MX would like his own body at the peak of his youth.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
One last question here. Could other darknesses be Xehanort at 25, Xehanort at 26, etc... I mean Nomura most likely would not do it, but is it credible? Because I imagine that MX would like his own body at the peak of his youth.

"Surprise! They were all me!"

Sora looked around and discovered the seven lights were also Xehanorts. Evil Xehanorts and less evil Xehanorts fought for the sake of the world. Everyone was Xehanort. Sora wondered why he had even come.

"Hey Sora, we're gonna get tacos!" Kairi called from the door. "You coming?"

"Yeah..." Sora said, looking back longingly at the battle. Xehanort punched Xehanort in the nose. "Yeah."

khspartan14

"Surprise! They were all me!"

Sora looked around and discovered the seven lights were also Xehanorts. Evil Xehanorts and less evil Xehanorts fought for the sake of the world. Everyone was Xehanort. Sora wondered why he had even come.

"Hey Sora, we're gonna get tacos!" Kairi called from the door. "You coming?"

"Yeah..." Sora said, looking back longingly at the battle. Xehanort punched Xehanort in the nose. "Yeah."

Though I do love the picture you've painted, I'm still confuzzled.

Gram

Banned
Awards

It's a possibility, after all Master Xehanort is already using his teenage self as one of the seekers. Using slightly older versions shouldn't be impossible.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Interesting, so I guess that fills out the rest of the seekers. Mystery solved.

Not necessarily. We dont know who the other vessels are, it's possible one or two is a mid-twenties Xehanort but it's also just as possible it isn't.
Everything is very up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back