• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
1984 is a great book. A dystopia in which humanity has fallen under the control of a authoritarian government in which "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength."

The book overall sounds morbid, though, because at the time, Orwell was dying of tuberculosis.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
It gets better as you go on, I believe a class at your age level will...love it..when you get into it. The beginning is slow, and about the middle it gets faster. ..That's as far as I've gone, I'm about halfway throughish.

It's not that bad, it took me a while to get that far as I had to near force myself to read it. Heh, only the knowledge that it'll get better kept me going.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
...For some reason I thought someone said there was on, or maybe that was A Clockwork Orange..bah. (though ACO does have a movie).

Finished it. Ooh, how I hated the ending, it just...stopped. So...the torture wasn't that bad, I was kinda hoping for more...torturous things, but that's fine. <-< Meh, I didn't like how Winston turned out, I was kinda hoping for a happy ending.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Well, he basically was on the brink of death when he got to the ending. But yeah, it wasn't really meant to be a happy ending and it did end rather quick.

Welcome to the world of Big Brother, where the Party controls your very thoughts.

Lost Heaven

buried in my thoughts
Website
xxlostheavenxx.livejournal.com
Apparently there is a movie, but we can't see it unless we are seniors because of... well you can guess why. We should be done with the book by Friday, we just finished reading the part where O'Brien tortures Winston.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Oh yes, that...the second Matrix has it also, or so I've heard, I haven't seen it.

Meh, it was really boring in the beginning. Even though I usually like depressing books, kinda, I was kinda hoping for a better ending. So, I agree with my friend: I hated it. >.< Then again, she liked the romance. Bleh.

Dark Prince

Awards
Knowledge is power. That is why in 1984 language is being systematically destroyed. This denial of language is the denial of thought itself. This book is great and i would recomend it to any true reader.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Square Ninja said:
Are you talking about the orgy and Neo/Trinity sex scene?

Most likely, all I've heard is rumors from years ago. <-< I think I caught a bit of the movie a week ago, those part(s) weren't in the one I saw.

Anyways...
This book is great and i would recomend it to any true reader.

True reader...as in?

Lost Heaven

buried in my thoughts
Website
xxlostheavenxx.livejournal.com
We finished the book today. Wow, that was a horrible ending and I'm disappointed. But I'm glad we are done reading it. I have a question, does anyone know what Animal Farm is about? I know half the school read it in 8th grade, but we didn't get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back