• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.5 Softlocking and Freezing during Cutscenes (potential spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drive

Awards
Apologies if this is on the wrong board, I just thought it might be easier to go here. Pretty much both today and yesterday, my PS3 has become stuck in a loading loop 4 times, started loading once in the middle of a cutscene, and crashed twice during the opening cutscene of BBS. I'm not even kidding. I'm about to test another game to see if it's my PS3 but I'm positive it's KH 2.5. My disc is clean, no visible scratches or glue or anything.

Edit: Ratchet and Clank Collection works perfectly. It has got be 2.5.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Apologies if this is on the wrong board, I just thought it might be easier to go here. Pretty much both today and yesterday, my PS3 has become stuck in a loading loop 4 times, started loading once in the middle of a cutscene, and crashed twice during the opening cutscene of BBS. I'm not even kidding. I'm about to test another game to see if it's my PS3 but I'm positive it's KH 2.5. My disc is clean, no visible scratches or glue or anything.

Yeaaaah :C 2.5 is really glitchy. Copy your 2.5 system data & saves onto a USB, delete the system data from the console. Make new data and see if it still gets stuck. Make a copy of it if it works, delete, put the old back, check if the problem is still there.

If so your save and/or 2.5 system data is corrupted. :x

If the problem persists with all tests, I suggest making copies of all saves & system data for all of your games on your console, going into safe mode and restoring your file system.

Carefully read these following pages before attempting this:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/~/safe-mode-on-ps3

Restoring your PS3 File System & Database Helps to... - PlayStation® Forums

Dark Drive

Awards
Alright, thank you very much Spockanort <3 it's still a shame about how glitchy it is. I know that KH Speedrunners specifically hate 2.5 for the long Drive load times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back