• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2010-2011 NBA season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
It's here. The Summer of LeBron has finally begun. One of the most coveted free agent in NBA history has many choices to from this summer, but there can only be one place where he can end up. I'm just hoping he chooses to come to the Bulls.

Discuss the upcoming 2010-2011 season and anything else that relates to the NBA.

Oh, btw Rain, the Miami Plan won't work.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Alright yeah Miami won't work. They wouldn't really have a bench or role players and it would just be Lebron Wade and Bosh. In the NBA, contrary to popular belief, you can't win a championship without role players. I mean look at the '08 Celtics. They had KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. But do you honestly think they would have won if they didn't have players like Perk, House, and Posey on that team? I doubt they would.

Oh yeah plus at least one of them would have to take a huge paycut. And they need to sign a bench too, because right now they have Chambers and Beasley and I think that's it under contract.

Also I'm feeling some Lebron/Dirk action up in Chicago. Just saying that would be the best bet for Lebron, having a reliable shooter for once.

Last edited:

Crimson Jazz

EXACTLY. You took the words right out of my mouth. NO team in the NBA has won a championship just because of one, two, or three guys. They won because almost the ENTIRE TEAM contributed. The role players are always the key to any team's success.

Parker, Duncan, and Ginobilli? Wouldn't have won anything had it not been for Horry, Finley, Bowen, Barry, or Bonner.

Michael Jordan? Wouldn't have won anything had it not been for the Scottie Pippen Equation, the Rodman Factor, and his team of role players.

A.I.? Wouldn't have made it to the 01 Finals without his bench.

Kobe and Shaq? Or just Kobe? Well, you guys see where I'm going with this.

The point is. NO team, no matter what superstars are on it, will win a championship without role players. Which Miami will have none of if they sign Bosh and LeBron and re-sign Wade. Unless Bosh and James want significantly less money, which I'm 100% positive they won't agree to. Even though people refuse to believe it (cough*Rain*cough), James, Bosh, and Wade in Miami just isn't enough.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Kobe wouldn't have a Championship with Fisher. Fisher is one of the best teammates any NBA player could ask for. Great role player. Extremely reliable.

Crimson Jazz

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I want Salmons to stay in Milwaukee. For some reason I can see big teams going after him for role purposes, who is more money and trouble then he is worth.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
i was really looking at the miami deal
though i agree what you guys said about the whole team contributing, that would have been cool seeing the three play together

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
LeBron should come too Philly. LOL

but doesn't have a chance in hell happening lol.
Oh I wish we had the cap room and spots on the roster. But on a non-free agent note, that Turner/Holiday combo will be insane in a few years once both are more accustomed to the style of pro basketball. But a reliable center is needed before the 76ers can make much of a run for contention.
i was really looking at the miami deal
though i agree what you guys said about the whole team contributing, that would have been cool seeing the three play together

The Miami dream team is the most retarded thing I had ever heard. They need a fucking roster right now, not 3 big stars.

Also, I support the Raptors decision of not doing a sign and trade deal. Fuck Bosh. If anyone doesn't deserve a max contract, its him.

Crimson Jazz

NBA.com: Boozer agrees to five-year deal with Bulls

The next-best post scorer in free agency has agreed to sign with my home team Bulls. Hopefully Boozer, the best point guard in the league (D-Rose, yes), one of the best-developing centers (Jo-No), and Obama wanting him to play for the Bulls, will be enough to sway LeBron to suit up in a Chicago uniform next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back