• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2014 NFL Playoffs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I know sports threads aren't the most popular on this forum, but I figured I'd try something different then just posting the not-quite-annual Super Bowl thread, and see if there was any interest for this years NFL playoffs.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

-
What did you think of the championship round from this past weekend? Which do you think was the most interesting conference championship game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205602

Today's games (Saturday) look promising. I don't think there's any chance of the Eagles beating the Saints, honestly, just because of offensive reasons. Once the Saints get going, it's more or less in the books. And the Chiefs and Colts, I want to say the Chiefs, but hey, that seems like it's going to go either way. I'm happy about the Packers, but I'm not getting my hopes up. But then again, Aaron Rodgers :D They could be playing the coldest game in history though xD

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
ANDREW LUCK IS FOR REAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Shit that game was amazing

D

Deleted member 205602

ANDREW LUCK IS FOR REAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Shit that game was amazing
The Chiefs can't be mad at anyone but themselves. Colts really only have a few good receivers, that they refused to attempt to shut down >.>

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The next coming of Peyton for Indy, those lucky bastards. Meanwhile I'm here trying to get something out of Glennon

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Well neither team I picked won yesterday, but they were close games so nothing much to complain about there. Kansas City squandered some early opportunities to make the game completely unreachable, but Indy fought back all the way and earned that one point win; and the Saints actually won on the road without a dome when it really counted.

Hopefully I'll have better luck today with a Bengals and Packers win. More so with the Pack of course, but dang it I'm always uneasy when it comes to the 49ers.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Updated the OP for the divisional round.

Well, can't say I'm happy my Packers lost to the 49ers....AGAIN. But my fan rage has mostly subsided and am no longer wishing Kaepernick would break a leg the next time he runs for a first down.

Kind of surprising that only one home-team (Colts) won in the wild-card round. New Orleans might have proved that they can get road wins when they really count, but Seattle is probably the worst place to play for a road team, and the Saints lost there in the wild-card round a couple years ago to the Seahawks, and that was when they were a 7-9 team. And Andrew Luck might have willed his team to victory against the Chiefs, but I'm betting Brady and the Pats will be much more disciplined and focused team for them to deal with.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

I've got the Seahawks, Panthers, Patriots and Broncos coming out into the semis.

Wilson, Newton, Brady and Manning all win the QB battles in their respective match-ups, and imo, that's what's gonna decide those games.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

New Orleans might have proved that they can get road wins when they really count, but Seattle is probably the worst place to play for a road team, and the Saints lost there in the wild-card round a couple years ago to the Seahawks, and that was when they were a 7-9 team.

Even though Seattle is quite a hurdle, I have to hope for the best here. :/

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs: Conference Championships

Updated again for the conference championships.

Not quite as wild as the wild-card round, no surprises on who won this weekend. Maybe Seattle will be the team to beat the 49ers. It'll probably be the loudest their stadium has been all season for the conference championship. Otherwise I'm sure most eyes will be on the Brady/Manning bowl again, and for good reason.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Shit, really thought Cam was gonna pull them outta this one. Oh well, as long as my boy Brady gets the Championship

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

Will be rooting for my Pats next week. I hope Blount will be as dominant in this game as he was against the Colts. And I hope Brady throws a couple of TD passes.

Honestly do not know who to root for in the Niners vs. Seahawks. I like both teams too much to root for the other.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

I'm going all-in for the Broncos. I'm sure Brady would like some Super Bowl redemption after losing his last two, but the world just doesn't seem right to me if Eli is the Manning with the most championship rings; and Peyton's had a monster year for quarterbacks. Plus I'm going Seahawks for NFC, mostly because I'm still bitter toward the 49ers. Either way if any of these 4 teams made it to the Super Bowl it'd be a good game to watch.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Championship weekend is in the books and Super Bowl 48 will be between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks.

It was kind of slow-going in the beginning but the Broncos stomped the Patriots. Manning can cap off a stellar year with another super bowl win. The NFC game was as exciting as I thought it'd be and really came down to the wire. Kaepernick was able to keep it close with his legs, but Lynch and the defense helped bring the Seahawks all the way.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
^ lol. when you are a stanford graduate and you have that kind of reaction on national television....well, it's all unprofessional at that point.

wanted the 49ers to advance, but I guesssss i'll be rooting for the broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back