• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2015 NFL Playoffs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
It's back, the National Football League playoffs thread! Since last year's thread was such a great success, reaching two pages of posts, I figured it was time to bring it back again this year. Will we surpass last year's mark and make it to three pages? Without spamming? Nah, probably not. But dang it, I'm willing to pretend!

So with that lofty goal set, get your face-paint on, your unhealthy snack foods ready, and your comfiest chair reserved, because it's time for some playoff FOOTBALL!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Championship Round

Green Bay Packers (2) @ Seattle Seahawks (1)

Indianapolis Colts (4) @ New England Patriots (1)

Did your favorite team make it to the playoffs? Which games seem the most interesting? Which teams do you think will make it all the way to the Super Bowl?

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Niner fan... yup...

I'll root for the Ravens this time around. If they don't make it, then Steelers...

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Just so long as the Packers lose. Growing up in Minnesota I never liked the Packer fandom and now after going to school in Wisconsin for almost 2 years I have come to realize just how much I hate and resent it as well as the Badger fandom. Hopefully the Vikes and Bridgewater can actually do something next year. But I digress, I'd like to see the Cardinals go far but I wouldn't mind watching the Seahawks win it again. I just hope they actually have a challenge this year.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'm very relieved my Packers got the 2nd seed and a week off this week. Lord knows our quarterback could use the extra rest time.

Probably the most ideal outcome of these games for the Pack would be if the Lions got the upset against Dallas, then we would play either the Panthers or Cardinals. Heck, if the Lions pulled an even greater upset against the Seahawks then that'd be fantastic, because I can't see either the Panthers or Cardinals doing that. Heck, I'd probably fear for Cam Newton's life going against the Hawk's defense after that car crash he was in, with the way his back is.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
I'm from Baltimore, so I'm cheering for the Ravens. Unfortunately, they are playing the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and they lost horribly the last time they were there. If the Ravens don't make it this year, I really don't care who wins, just as long as it isn't the Steelers or the Patriots; I hate those teams with an undying passion.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
As for yesterday's games: I missed most of the Cardinals/Panthers game, but from what I saw in the 4th quarter the Cardinals just couldn't overcome missing their starting quarterback. I know there was some big expectations early on in the season when they were doing really good, to be the first Superbowl host-city team to make it to the big game in the last 50 years or so, but they slid hard at the end and couldn't stop. Ravens pretty much ran away with their game against the Steelers by the end of it, so not much to say there.

For today's games: Bengals have been in 5 playoff games since 1991, and haven't won a single won. They have a lot to prove today to try and get a win over the Colts. I'm more interested in the Lions/Cowboys games, since that'll determine if my Packers play either Dallas or Carolina next week.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
New week, new round of the playoffs, and I updated the OP for the divisional round matches. Now the winners of the wild card round go up against the top two seeded teams.

For the games today the Ravens/Patriots game should be good. I think the Ravens have beaten the Patriots more times in the playoffs over the past decade so we'll see how the Patriots handle this one at home. As a Packers fan I would love for the Panthers to get probably the biggest upset of the playoffs and beat the Seahawks. Apparently the last few games between the two teams have been very close, although the Seahawks have always won them. I still think Seattle is one of the toughest places for visiting teams to play, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks ran away with this one.

Sdog

Awards
Sadly, having another superbowl with teams I don't care for. Though, if I had to pick anyone it'd be GB. Because if they go through it means Seattle got stomped >=).

KING JUNK

I think the Colts will make it to the Superbowl, not sure Green Bay has a chance against Seattle, but crazier things have happened! One thing I do hope is that John Fox becomes the Jets next head coach, so we may have a playoff berth!!!

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Made changes to the op for the championship round.

I'm nervous as heck for my Pack going to Seattle, but hopefully they'll get out of there with a win and go on to the big game. As for the Indy/NE game, I'd give it to the Patriots.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Damn. The tie made me nervous but, c'mon! I wanted the Packers to win this. ;A; I watched the last few minutes. (Thought they won earlier until I realized the game was still going.)

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I hate Seattle so much because we can never seem to beat them; but I'm more p*ssed off at the Packers for just throwing it away at the end. Hopefully the Patriots get the win today because right now I can only figure it being them to beat the Seahawks.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Man the Pats WRECKED the Colts. So its New England vs Seattle for Super Bowl Sunday! I'm already rooting for my Pats.

KING JUNK

I just cannot believe the Packers blew their lead the way it did! It was embarrassing for it to even go into overtime, now I am not a fan of the Seahawks but I'd be surprised if they don't repeat. I legit thought the Colts had a chance until the Patriots shut me up, btw that whole Deflategate is hilarious! ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back