• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Box art analysis

• Thread starter Deleted member 252753
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 252753

I've read that Nomura has confirmed hidden clues in box art of the HD games and so wonder if there are secrets about KHIII or future games in the cover art.

Something obscure but striking is what happens when you mirror the image and put it next to the original. To me it looks like a whole image and very likely intentional. It reminds me of the Sleeping Realm theory (switch from left to right facing characters particularly).

Interested if anyone has other thoughts about the cover too.

images (1).jpeg

Veevee

Awards
I think the box art is kinda odd is some places. For example, why do Sora and Kairi have their keyblades present, but Riku doesn't? It's not that his new key is the biggest spoiler ever - it was shown very early.
Also: Nearly everyone except for KDG have the same dull look on their faces with only slight differences. It's lacking a bit in the emotion department. Compared to, say, the 2.8 cover where we have a lot more dynamic through the different walking stances and also Aqua & Mickey looking anxious while the Foretellers give the whole thing a rather dark vibe, the KH3 box art looks kinda static and a tad flat.
Also, what does the little gargoyle with the star have to say? That one could indeed be a secret because I never found a connection in-game. Some say it's a nod towards Aqua being a Darkling because it holds something that looks like a star (a wayfinder?) and I think that might be likely, but it strikes me odd that it would be on the cover then.
On the positive note, the atmosphere and the colours are amazing. It is really beautiful.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Darkling, the star, and the DoCoMo Yoyogi Building are really the biggest issues I have with the cover.

1) The game never once brings up Darklings even though it is fairly certain that by what we know of them, Aqua likely turned into one.

2) The Star probably represents the Mysterious Star (Strelitzia?) in the game but as it is both a missable cutscene and also has nothing to do with Darklings...well...? The only relation is that both came from UX.

3) Shinjuku where the DoCoMo Yoyogi Building is locates has no role in KH3; it’s a future KH location so why? Why tease it on the cover of KH3? Why not make the cover something that represents the Final World or Scala Ad Caelum or the Keyblade Graveyard?

Like those are also the most interesting aspects of the cover, too, don’t get me wrong. I just think Nomura was way too focused on future developments and thus made the cover reflect that rather than focusing on the current plot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the box art is kinda odd is some places. For example, why do Sora and Kairi have their keyblades present, but Riku doesn't? It's not that his new key is the biggest spoiler ever - it was shown very early.
Also: Nearly everyone except for KDG have the same dull look on their faces with only slight differences. It's lacking a bit in the emotion department. Compared to, say, the 2.8 cover where we have a lot more dynamic through the different walking stances and also Aqua & Mickey looking anxious while the Foretellers give the whole thing a rather dark vibe, the KH3 box art looks kinda static and a tad flat.
Also, what does the little gargoyle with the star have to say? That one could indeed be a secret because I never found a connection in-game. Some say it's a nod towards Aqua being a Darkling because it holds something that looks like a star (a wayfinder?) and I think that might be likely, but it strikes me odd that it would be on the cover then.
On the positive note, the atmosphere and the colours are amazing. It is really beautiful.
Riku's keyblade is visible if you look closely. I think Nomura hid it to cover up the fact that Riku was changing his keyblade.

I like the mirror image, it kind of makes me think of an alternate reality (world line?)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Riku's keyblade is visible if you look closely. I think Nomura hid it to cover up the fact that Riku was changing his keyblade.

I like the mirror image, it kind of makes me think of an alternate reality (world line?)
Oh wow you're right. You can see Braveheart behind Kairi's legs. Can't believe I never noticed.

I don't think he was intentionally hiding it though since it was already spoiled before the Box art came out.

Obiewantsanipod

This is the first I hear of Aqua being a potential darkling, can someone tell me more?

Why does she retain her human form? And when did it happen, when Ansem shot her?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is the first I hear of Aqua being a potential darkling, can someone tell me more?

Why does she retain her human form? And when did it happen, when Ansem shot her?
Yeah it was after Ansem shot her. As for why she appeared human she was likely in the process of becoming one which would explain her red hands and cracked skin. Had Sora not saved Aqua she probably would have eventually ended up full Darkling

Back