• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Transformations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rexy

Bronze Member
Hi everyone, it's a long time since I last logged in in here.

How is everyone doing?

I've played kh3 again recently and I really enjoyed the keyblade transformations and the ability to change from keyblade/tranformation mid-combo.

Personaly I love starting to attack with ultimate form, doing 2 attacks, changing to second form, unleashing 2 finishers, and changing to classic tone to do magic flash finisher move.

Then I started to think "What it the other kh numbered titles had keyblade transformations?". What do you guys think?

Here's my thoughts on some of the keyblades:

KH1:
Jungle King -> Can transform into a spear, just like Tarzan's -> Ability: leaf bracer
Lady Luck -> Can tranform into cards, like Luxord or Ace (FFtype-0) -> Ability: lucky strike
Olympia -> Can transform into something like God of War Nemean Cestus -> Ability: Combo boost
Three Wishes -> Can transform into Scimitar -> Ability: Jackpot/other
Punpkin Head -> Can transform into ??? -> Ability: ???
Whishing Star -> Can transform into some puppet identical to Sora -> MP Rage
Crabclaw -> Can give sora two shells side to side, like 2 shields -> Ability: Protect
Fairy Harp -> Can transform into a small but lightning fast dagger -> second chance
Divine Rose -> Can transform into a Scythe (remembered Marluxia) -> Cure boost
Spellbinder -> Can transform into a book -> MP Haste
Lionheart -> Can transform Sora into his Lion original design and give him a chainsaw -> Ability: Fire boost
Metal Chocobo -> Can transform into Cloud's ffvii sword -> ability: combo master
One Winged-angel -> Gives Sora a black wing and transforms into Masamune -> Ability: ???
Diamond Dust -> ??? -> ???
Ultima Weapon -> Can transform into an updated form of Dream Sword -> Ability: ???

KH2
Updating

What do you guys think? What would you change/update? Thanks.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I agree on most transformations. I'm trying to imagine what the finisher would be for each keyblade.

Kingdom key: Sora shoots beams of light, insta-killing nearby heartless. Moderate damage to bosses.

Jungle King: Sora leaps with the spear and comes down on the enemy several times, exactly like Riku's Dark Break sleight from chain of memories.

Lady luck: the cards become dices that Sora throws and the number determines the result inside an area of effect: enemies are stunned, stopped, damaged or killed (the last two fail if the enemy is a boss).

Olympia: Sora is enveloped in a golden aura rendering him invulnerable for a brief time and he spins damaging enemies, kinda like hercules in his coliseum match.

Three wishes: Sora throws the scimitar three times similarly to Strike Raid and enemies hit by the attack drop many HP + MP orbs, a ton of munny or an intem (increased chance of dropping the rarer item), each with a 33% chance.

Pumpkin head. The transformation is a black candelabra with dark flames. The finisher is a ghost that raises from the flames into the air and explodes becoming rain of explosive pumpkins. I like this one a lot.

Whishing star: barely visible threads descend upon the enemies and conect to their limbs, making them puppets dancing and attacking each other. For bosses, only restrains them a few seconds and slowly drains VT.

Crab claw: Sora blows a sea snail shell throwing bubbles in many directions that go after the enemies. Similar to Aqua's default shotlock from BBS, now that I think of it.

Fairy Harp: Sora floats as in Neverland attacking with the daggers in a rapid succession, Larxene style but more flashy.

Divine Rose: the scythe breaks into many rose petals swirling around Sora and damaging enemies. Marluxia and Byakuya from Bleach would be proud. Not very original, but hey, it fits.

Spellbinder: spheres of light appear around Sora and in contact with enemies stops them while restoring Sora's MP to full. Sora randomly casts firaga, blizzaga or thundaga and another random spell: Flare or Holy, damaging enemies in a wide area like KH3 grand magic.

Lionheart: The chainsaw becomes Squall's Lionheart gunblade (how original) and Sora uses the Lion Heart limit from FF8. Pure epicness.

Metal Chocobo: Omnislash would be too similar to the Lionheart. Instead, a chocobo appears, the chocobo theme plays and both Sora and the chocobo kick the enemies (Crisis Core chocobo summon, anyone?) throwing them away and stunning them. Deadly and cute.

One winged angel: Sora raises his hand, black materia appears, glows and Meteor hits all enemies. Huge damage.

Diamond dust: the transformation was an ice-firing bow. As a finisher, Sora fires it into the sky, the bow vanishes and ice particles rain and become icicles when they reach the floor. Beautiful.

Ultima Weapon: Sora kneels in a knightly pose, then he stands and raises the sword as Donald and Goofy do the same with their weapons. An energy field appears around them as an expanding vortex of bright energy, greatly damaging enemies. The attack is called Ultimate Trinity and it requires the Save the King and Queen weapons are equipped as well.

Oathkeeper: Sora grows angel wings from which beams of light radiate, similar to Ragnarok or FFIX Alexander.

Oblivion: Sora turns into AntiSora. Pillars of darkness form around him engulfing enemies as he literally does nothing, waiting for the pillars to fuse and swallow him, obscuring the screen. A dense, pulsating sound is heard and fades away with the darkness as Sora returns to normal.

Phew, that was a lot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really like those. I would let Fairy Harp grant flight (or super glide) and Three Wishes can maybe teleport you to the opponent in the distance.

The keyblade transformation for Two Become One is Sora turns into Roxas and dual wields 😢

On a side note: Does anyone else wish that if you beat enemies in keyblade transformation attire and it moves right into a cutscene, Sora should be wearing the attire from the transformation (like when you would be in a Drive form and retain the outfit during the cutscene)? I didn't even realize Sora's clothes changed during the keyblade transformation until the Keyblade Graveyard :|

Rexy

Bronze Member
I agree on most transformations. I'm trying to imagine what the finisher would be for each keyblade.

Kingdom key: Sora shoots beams of light, insta-killing nearby heartless. Moderate damage to bosses.

Jungle King: Sora leaps with the spear and comes down on the enemy several times, exactly like Riku's Dark Break sleight from chain of memories.

Lady luck: the cards become dices that Sora throws and the number determines the result inside an area of effect: enemies are stunned, stopped, damaged or killed (the last two fail if the enemy is a boss).

Olympia: Sora is enveloped in a golden aura rendering him invulnerable for a brief time and he spins damaging enemies, kinda like hercules in his coliseum match.

Three wishes: Sora throws the scimitar three times similarly to Strike Raid and enemies hit by the attack drop many HP + MP orbs, a ton of munny or an intem (increased chance of dropping the rarer item), each with a 33% chance.

Pumpkin head. The transformation is a black candelabra with dark flames. The finisher is a ghost that raises from the flames into the air and explodes becoming rain of explosive pumpkins. I like this one a lot.

Whishing star: barely visible threads descend upon the enemies and conect to their limbs, making them puppets dancing and attacking each other. For bosses, only restrains them a few seconds and slowly drains VT.

Crab claw: Sora blows a sea snail shell throwing bubbles in many directions that go after the enemies. Similar to Aqua's default shotlock from BBS, now that I think of it.

Fairy Harp: Sora floats as in Neverland attacking with the daggers in a rapid succession, Larxene style but more flashy.

Divine Rose: the scythe breaks into many rose petals swirling around Sora and damaging enemies. Marluxia and Byakuya from Bleach would be proud. Not very original, but hey, it fits.

Spellbinder: spheres of light appear around Sora and in contact with enemies stops them while restoring Sora's MP to full. Sora randomly casts firaga, blizzaga or thundaga and another random spell: Flare or Holy, damaging enemies in a wide area like KH3 grand magic.

Lionheart: The chainsaw becomes Squall's Lionheart gunblade (how original) and Sora uses the Lion Heart limit from FF8. Pure epicness.

Metal Chocobo: Omnislash would be too similar to the Lionheart. Instead, a chocobo appears, the chocobo theme plays and both Sora and the chocobo kick the enemies (Crisis Core chocobo summon, anyone?) throwing them away and stunning them. Deadly and cute.

One winged angel: Sora raises his hand, black materia appears, glows and Meteor hits all enemies. Huge damage.

Diamond dust: the transformation was an ice-firing bow. As a finisher, Sora fires it into the sky, the bow vanishes and ice particles rain and become icicles when they reach the floor. Beautiful.

Ultima Weapon: Sora kneels in a knightly pose, then he stands and raises the sword as Donald and Goofy do the same with their weapons. An energy field appears around them as an expanding vortex of bright energy, greatly damaging enemies. The attack is called Ultimate Trinity and it requires the Save the King and Queen weapons are equipped as well.

Oathkeeper: Sora grows angel wings from which beams of light radiate, similar to Ragnarok or FFIX Alexander.

Oblivion: Sora turns into AntiSora. Pillars of darkness form around him engulfing enemies as he literally does nothing, waiting for the pillars to fuse and swallow him, obscuring the screen. A dense, pulsating sound is heard and fades away with the darkness as Sora returns to normal.

Phew, that was a lot.

Really like those ideas! Going to update with kh2 keyblade latter today. Thanks for the help. I like imagining this things.

Back