• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New theory says the Nameless Star isn't any KHX character, but another character we've seen and thought nothing of.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Just today, Reddit user UnboundMonado posted a theory about the Nameless Star's possible identity that's just about persuaded me it isn't Marluxia's sister, Strelitzia.

It's the girl from Verum Rex.

verum-rex-stella.jpg

Nomura says Sora knows the name of the guy she's waiting for. Well, if the girl was Strelitzia, I've always found it kind of a stretch to think Sora would know Marluxia's real name, "Lauriam", even if they did sound kind of alike with the syllables switched around. But he does know the name of Verum Rex's lead character, Yozora. So that all checks out.

The same theory also suggests that the girl's star pendant (pictured above)--initially thought to be a tie-in to Stella, the FFXIII Versus character who became Lunafreya--is actually a hint to her role as the Nameless Star.

Lastly, her whole conversation with Sora about getting stripped of her whole identity and the one she's waiting for being changed beyond recognition also works as a piece of meta commentary about Nomura's whole debacle with FFXIII Versus turning into FFXV. The original post breaks down how the scene fits line-by-line; it's absolutely uncanny.

Here's the link:

ZeVaine

Awards
It's a "fun" theory, but its incredibly tin-foil-hat-time that Nomura would be so bitter about the whole FF15 situation that he would design what's being suggested into this game...

I think the "Our Secret" thing, which is also what Larxene said to Sora, is trying to suggest a connection to the KHUX side of things... though could easily be referring to just a similar situation with any of our known characters. Sterlitzia doesn't seem right either. I like to think it's Subject X (though for some reason I feel like that was disproven, but I don't remember if that's true) waiting for Isa.

I just don't buy that all of the Yozora stuff is a metaphor for Nomura's uh struggles? I think the guy is fine. lol

Aquamine-Amarine

Interesting theory... but I still think it's Strelitzia. Subject X is most likely Skuld because the reports described her as "an amnesiac girl around fifteen years old". No way it can be Ava because she's definitely older than Skuld.

Yozora and Verum Rex are definitely based on Noctis and Versus XIII, there's no denying it. It's just too obvious. Reusing old ideas that were never used isn't a bad thing. Nomura definitely struggled with being taken off FFXV; a comment in this article talks about it:

For those who don't know, the period that Nomura mentions when he was depressed was when he was removed from FFXV.

Awards
As other people have pointed out in other threads, Nomura has already said Nameless Star was an established character prior to KH3.

Nomura said the Nameless Star was a character who already appeared in the series as a whole, not specifically before KH3. By the time we reach the Final World, we've logically already seen the cast of Verum Rex, so that doesn't discount her.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura said the Nameless Star was a character who already appeared in the series as a whole, not specifically before KH3. By the time we reach the Final World, we've logically already seen the cast of Verum Rex, so that doesn't discount her.

--Many people who have finished KH3 are interested in the "girl" that Lea and Isa were looking for, and the existence of the "NAMELESS STAR" in the Final World. Can you give us any kind of hint about the truth behind these girls? Are they characters who have already appeared in the series?

Nomura: I think this is also possible to figure out for yourself if you look at all the secret reports, but yes, they are characters who have already appeared in the series. You will find out who "NAMELESS STAR" if there is a next time.

He says you can potentially figure it out from the Secret Reports, none of which have anything to do with Verum Rex. This combined with people who know Japanese interpreting the context as meaning a character seen in the series prior to KH3, I doubt Nameless Star is Not-Stella.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I believe Nameless Star specifically is Strelitzia (I think you can mitigate Sora's reaction to a toss up between her maybe saying both names and an intentional audience tease), it's still very likely to me that Yozora is in The Final World to look for his not!Stella friend.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think "Not Stella" is a big canidate for one of the new PoH.

Also I'm predicting her actual name is Hoshi. It is the Japanese translation of Star like Yozora is for Night Sky.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Two thoughts:

1.) I don't think Nameless Star is Not!Stella. I think she's Streritzia. The entirety of KH3 was one big Foretellers Saga foreshadowing, so I think the Star was talking about Lauriam.

2.) I don't think Not!Stella is going to be a Pure Heart. I think the New Seven Hearts will be six Disney characters and Kairi once more.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
1.) I don't think Nameless Star is Not!Stella. I think she's Streritzia. The entirety of KH3 was one big Foretellers Saga foreshadowing, so I think the Star was talking about Lauriam.
With how much KH3 called back to the Ux era I do feel like you're most likely right. That said I'm open to being surprised.

2.) I don't think Not!Stella is going to be a Pure Heart. I think the New Seven Hearts will be six Disney characters and Kairi once more.
Hm I'm not so sure about that if Verum Rex is indeed a parallel Universe I could see her being a Pure Heart just of that Universe. But overall I would agree that the set up will be 6 Disney movie Princesses (3 of which are already known) + Kairi

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
With how much KH3 called back to the Ux era I do feel like you're most likely right. That said I'm open to being surprised.

Hm I'm not so sure about that if Verum Rex is indeed a parallel Universe I could see her being a Pure Heart just of that Universe. But overall I would agree that the set up will be 6 Disney movie Princesses (3 of which are already known) + Kairi
Yes to Not!Stella being a Pure Heart in her Worldline, but "not" to her being a Pure Heart in KH's Worldline.

That said, I wonder how much of a clustereff it would be if a Worldline got invaded by an extra Pure Heart, Guardian of Light or Seeker of Darkness.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes to Not!Stella being a Pure Heart in her Worldline, but "not" to her being a Pure Heart in KH's Worldline.

That said, I wonder how much of a clustereff it would be if a Worldline got invaded by an extra Pure Heart, Guardian of Light or Seeker of Darkness.
Oh good point, the universe might be thrown off balance. If one of the Pincesses of Light left the worldline and with her one of the pillars. The power couldn't seek out a new host and the light couldn't be replaced by passing the power on like normally.

I assume that with the Guardians and Seekers it's less of an issue, seeing anyone with enough light or Darkness cam fill either role.

I also wonder, if there's natural Pince(sses) of Dark, we learned that the 7 light shards of the x-blade became the PoH, but what about the 13 dark shards?

Vanitas' existance indicates you can have a pure dark heart without being a heartless. So ot should be possible.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oh good point, the universe might be thrown off balance. If one of the Pincesses of Light left the worldline and with her one of the pillars. The power couldn't seek out a new host and the light couldn't be replaced by passing the power on like normally.

I assume that with the Guardians and Seekers it's less of an issue, seeing anyone with enough light or Darkness cam fill either role.

I also wonder, if there's natural Pince(sses) of Dark, we learned that the 7 light shards of the x-blade became the PoH, but what about the 13 dark shards?

Vanitas' existance indicates you can have a pure dark heart without being a heartless. So ot should be possible.
Would make room for a KH game centered around a Worldline War and perhaps a Thanos like character that wants to end all Worldlines.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Gotta lay that groundwork! I like this theory but I'm kinda mad we had to keep the name a secret. Maybe they'll reveal it in Re:Mind. Maybe that opening line is the opening line of Verum Rex too and this is the start of Yozora's journey. Instead of fighting a Darkside he's fighting Sora, who is his shadow. Maybe the Darkside was actually Yozora and defeating it brought Yozora to life all these years.

NemesisSP

Awards
Okay, I know this thread is about a week old, but hear me out.

I think Strelitza is a possible red herring much like how Lauriam himself is a possible red herring for her murderer. However, I think she was deliberately written to be the Nameless Star in case audiences didn't react well to the idea of Yozora and Verum Rex or if SE wouldn't approve of their use because of of whatever reason. I think Strelitzia was always a viable option, but with the release of Re:Mind and knowledge of the characters of both Strelitzia and Stella, we can begin to piece together why this theory has more weight to it than you might have thought.

First things first, context on Nomura's mental state. He is most certainly not fine and he is also not above meta storytelling. And we know that he's still hurting from his dream project being taken from him. In a Dissidia NT livestream focused on Noctis' inclusion into the game, Nomura flat out admitted that he cried as he drew him for the first time in years. Recently, with the release of Noctis' protoype outfit from Versus XIII (which Nomura flat out stated as well that it was never gonna be Noctis' final outfit), Nomura expressed surprise when Kujiroaka and Hazama talked about Versus XIII by name. He asked if they were allowed to talk about it, suggesting that he had been banned from saying anything about the game. That doesn't seem like an environment that would allow him to just get over his feelings on being removed from XV.

And with that, on to the main points. Now, to start off with, it was actually a slight mistranslation on what Nomura had said regarding the Nameless Star. It is said that he said she was a character who had already appeared in the game that we knew, but he didn't give specifics. So, he didn't say it was character either we the player or Sora had already seen play a role within the series. He is just saying we have seen the character before and as one person mentioned before me, that doesn't leave out Not!Stella.

Now Strelitzia seems like the only logical choice concerning The Nameless Star. I mean, she's dead and her place was taken by somebody so they could infiltrate the Dandelions and Lauriam is searching for her. And he was subjugated by Xehanort as Marluxia. That does fit... until you look at how Strelitzia and the Nameless Star talk. UX, Strelitiizia is shy... very very shy, to the point where she is also rather fretful and anxious, qualities we do not see the Nameless Star possess. Now, you could say its because she has had some time to adjust, but at the same time, it seems odd that Strelitzia would speak so calmly and matter of factly about both her death and talking to a complete stranger. Many people have pointed this out, but Strelitzia just doesn't sound quite as confident as the Nameless Star does when speaking to Sora.

Now, for Stella, the parallels are actually more consistent. And I know what you are going to say, that we didn't know anything about Stella, but putting aside that that's nonsense just in general, we do have a video of Noctis and Stella that you might have come across before, as it was the very first ingame representation of both them and the world they inhabited.

Now, first and foremost, this is a prototype of the scene, this was changed both in the official gameplay trailer and was set to be an FMV in the final game. But the one thing that hasn't changed is Stella's personality throughout all this. She's confident, she's proper and well spoken and she has no problems with talking to a complete stranger, especially one whom she knows is a prince. Even then, she even offers to invite Noctis to her city and offers to show him around. These are all things that Strelitzia lacks but the Nameless Star does show signs of.

Then there's motifs. Strelitzia's motif are flowers, not stars. The particular genus of flower is not related to stars in symbolism either. Aside from the obvious mention of Stella's name and jewelry being being star related, she's shown with only one other character in a cutscene that also shares this motif, though in a much smaller way. Yes, I'm talking about Namine. Remember that Namine had a mild star theme in CoM, from her "good luck charm" to the shooting stars in her "backstory". She is also noted to look like a younger version of Stella, as she has blond hair and a white dress. While Not!Stella is red headed instead of blond, the star theme and white dress are heavily apparent in her design.

And this one is to be taken with a grain of salt, but the Japanese fan base 'found out' that Stella and The Nameless Star share the same Japanese voice actress. A comparison can be found in this little known video, though I'm still myself iffy on if this is true. I only include it for completions sake.

However, if this is true, then it fits in with how Yozora appears to be voiced by both Tatsuhisa Suzuki and Ray Chase like Noctis is. Now again, take it with a grain of salt, as we do not know if they are indeed voicing Noctis, but as Ray Chase is involved with franchise as the Master of Masters and Nomura implied that him and Yozora share a connection. And Yozora has been seen in a night version of the Final World, meaning that he possesses the ability to go there much like Sora does.

And yes, I do believe she will be called Hoshi if this is true, but at this time I will not call her that and just refer to her as Not!Stella until a name as been given. Regardless of if she's the Nameless Star, she's still gonna show up like Yozora has.

EDIT: A minor edit, but I did want to say that it was more that Nomura implied a connection between Yozora and MoM than actually confirm it. As one person has pointed out, he never actually did, at least not that I can find. It was a slight oversight when I initially pointed it out. Everything else I've said is exactly as I wanted to say, however.

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
Where did this whole "Nomura confirmed Yozora and MoM have a connection" thing come from? Because if I know anything it's that people think Nomura said "this thing" when he never said anything of the sort.

Plus Yozora doesn't sound like Ray Chase at all, at least to me. His voice is pretty recognizable to the point where I could tell it was him voicing Rubber Soul/Yellow Temperance in Part 3's English dub.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Where did this whole "Nomura confirmed Yozora and MoM have a connection" thing come from? Because if I know anything it's that people think Nomura said "this thing" when he never said anything of the sort.

Plus Yozora doesn't sound like Ray Chase at all, at least to me. His voice is pretty recognizable to the point where I could tell it was him voicing Rubber Soul/Yellow Temperance in Part 3's English dub.

That and Ray Chase being cast as Noctis and MoM is entirely a coincidence. He's explained that he auditioned for a bunch of SE games all around the same time (Nier Automata, KH2.8, FFXV, and I think WoFF as well?). These games were all managed by different staff who had no idea they would end up casting the same person.

Also, Yozora isn't voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki in the JP dub either. Japanese fans are speculating it's Tasuku Hatanaka.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The connection between Yozora and MoM may have to do with Yozora's eye colors being blue and red. We know the Gazing Eye for the No Name keyblade is blue and it was glowing red in Re:MIND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back