• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 was robbed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Freaking Death Stranding beat KH3 in the Best Music category, and Disco...WHATEVER beat KH3 in Best RPG.

You'd think Geoff would've given at least Best RPG to KH3 since he's more interested in mainstream advertising, but NAAAAAAAH.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TGAs are trash so it’s not like it really matters. Even Geoff knows because like a quarter of the awards were announced in the pre-show hahaha and then half of the rest were announced as a blurb or a side note during the show.

The whole thing is a farce caught up in the spectacle and is not a true celebration of games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Disco Elysium has been highly praised by those that have played it, even if it's a bit under the radar. & if any game should be winning best soundtrack, it should've been SSBU, which didn't even get nominated.

GreyouTT

Awards
Disco Elysium is a role playing game in the truest sense of the word, it deserves the award.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
TGAs are trash so it’s not like it really matters. Even Geoff knows because like a quarter of the awards were announced in the pre-show hahaha and then half of the rest were announced as a blurb or a side note during the show.

The whole thing is a farce caught up in the spectacle and is not a true celebration of games.
There's a reason I oft compare it to the Super Bowl. Nobody watches it for the main event, but for what comes between the actual content of the show.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The Death Stranding soundtrack was extremely emotionally impactful and came in at the right times to emphasize that impact. Kingdom Hearts 3's soundtrack was mostly orchestrated versions of existing Disney songs and remakes of original songs that already existed in the series. I absolutely love Kingdom Hearts more than anything, but Death Stranding made much better use from the soundtrack than KH3 does and deserved to win something. That game was amazing from a story standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint, I loved it but I could see why others would not. Something you need to play for yourself, because you can't properly feel the atmosphere the game builds by just watching someone play it. Rent it from Gamefly or Red Box, borrow it from a friend, however you need to do it to experience that game for yourself to determine if you think it's worth purchasing and if it's not, at least beat it so you can fully explore the story.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The Death Stranding soundtrack was extremely emotionally impactful and came in at the right times to emphasize that impact. Kingdom Hearts 3's soundtrack was mostly orchestrated versions of existing Disney songs and remakes of original songs that already existed in the series. I absolutely love Kingdom Hearts more than anything, but Death Stranding made much better use from the soundtrack than KH3 does and deserved to win something. That game was amazing from a story standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint, I loved it but I could see why others would not. Something you need to play for yourself, because you can't properly feel the atmosphere the game builds by just watching someone play it. Rent it from Gamefly or Red Box, borrow it from a friend, however you need to do it to experience that game for yourself to determine if you think it's worth purchasing and if it's not, at least beat it so you can fully explore the story.

What else was there besides "You've Got A Friend In Me"?

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
So if I'm reading this right, your argument is we won't get it unless we not only play the game but beat it and until then our opinions that it wasn't deserving of the award are moot? Okay then.

also for the record redbox is ceasing game rentals soon so that part of your post will soon be impossible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love Death Stranding’s OST but bullshit. It did not deserve to win. The placement and license choices were phenomenal but in that case it should have gotten audio design, not the “ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK” award.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Here's to the Game Awards 2020 actually being better in organic content and not publisher promo. Everyone was disappointed because of lackluster announcements. The most attractive were Xbox and Bravely Default II.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What else was there besides "You've Got A Friend In Me"?
Oh yeah, I guess in 3 it really was only You've Got A Friend in Me this time. I could have sworn there was at least one more, besides having two of the songs from Frozen in game.

So if I'm reading this right, your argument is we won't get it unless we not only play the game but beat it and until then our opinions that it wasn't deserving of the award are moot? Okay then.

also for the record redbox is ceasing game rentals soon so that part of your post will soon be impossible.
Yes, because the gameplay is absolutely abysmal to watch, it does not at all represent how the game itself plays. I have a friend that would attest, he cancelled his preorder because he didn't have the money at the time for it and justified it to himself by saying it didn't look like the gameplay was that endearing and then I sold him my copy for cheaper since I got platinum on it and when he first sat down and played it he was surprised that it felt nothing like it looked. It sucks Redbox is doing away with game rentals, but there's still gamefly and borrowing from friends that have it. You could even just watch through the whole story online if you don't think you'd want to play it because that story needs to be celebrated. Too many people will write off DS just because the gameplay is boring to watch.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You're coming off a wee bit elitist here imo and making assumptions that its just the gameplay putting folks off when for me its a combination of multiple factors (namely storyline).

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
You're coming off a wee bit elitist here imo and making assumptions that its just the gameplay putting folks off when for me its a combination of multiple factors (namely storyline).
Think of me what you will, I've been playing video games since before I could walk. I've been picked on for my hobby plenty of times and time and time again video games were there for me. I've made some of the strongest friendships through the love of my hobby and my dream job is to one day be able to create a video game of my own. Call me an elitist, call me a fool, but if you think that I should feel bad for believing that you should focus on this wonderful and beautiful art that is video game design then you may as well just stop commenting, because no one will ever make me feel bad for defending or promoting what I think is good from my hobby and tearing down what I think is bad from my hobby. Because my passion for video games will burn bright until the day I die.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah I've also been playing video games since before I could walk and was also picked on for the hobby. That ain't anything special. No need for melodrama, nobody is picking on you or trying to make you feel bad so relax lol

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I've also been playing video games since before I could walk and was also picked on for the hobby. That ain't anything special. No need for melodrama, nobody is picking on you or trying to make you feel bad so relax lol
No, you just called me an Elitist like it's something I should feel bad about. I'm just extremely passionate about video games.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Not my intent to make you feel bad about it, just was saying you were being incredibly defensive about it. And we're all incredibly passionate about video games, we wouldn't be on this forum if we weren't lol

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
ANYWAYS....
Anyways those awards don’t mean anything. Remember that people cheered the loudest for kh3? Award shows as a whole are bs anyways.
I even pointed that out earlier in this thread lol

Full agreement.

Back