• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

People take the idea of KH’s “worlds” too literally

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I’ve seen a number of people nitpicking about the representation of real world places in the series.

“Andy has a globe in his room, which makes no sense because that’s not how worlds work in this series”.
“Monsters Inc has a massive world map in their foyer which contradicts KH lore”.
Etc.

People seem to think the worlds in KH are literal planetoids of some kind. But that’s clearly not the case. People in Agrabah aren’t walking around on a lamp shaped lump of land that can be circled in minutes. The Caribbean doesn’t have a giant skull floating in the sky.

I believe the worlds in KH are more like “pocket dimensions”, with their appearances in the gummi ship sections being symbolic “gateways” to them.

disney233

Awards
......First I've heard of this. They're trying to make sense in worlds made up of talking toys and monsters. As said above the worlds of KH are different dimensions that function differently than the dimensions of the original worlds.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, we've had 3 different unique worlds based on France, obviously the appearance we see is like a dimensional gateway. That description is amenable to me lol

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The word world has many meanings too, all depending on the context.
For examples, the multiples worlds are appropriately referred as such. Sometimes they refer to ALL of them as the The World. The Xehanort reports and Kingdom Hearts 3 refer to everything post Keyblade War as The World. Which makes it confusing because the realm of light serves the same function unless they’re implying that The World is all the realms included.

legacier

Awards
I think of "world" as meaning simply the area that a community inhabits. Like, in KH2 the Twilight Town kids wanted to go to the beach even though there wasn't a beach in their world. That doesn't mean they gonna fly a gummiship to Destiny Islands. It's just that the beach isn't part of their day-to-day lives, so it's not included.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Back in the first game, Cid said gummiships travel through "innerspace", not outerspace. I'm guessing its interdimensional travel & each world is basically a whole separate universe with a full Earth that we only visit a part of.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Back in the first game, Cid said gummiships travel through "innerspace", not outerspace. I'm guessing its interdimensional travel & each world is basically a whole separate universe with a full Earth that we only visit a part of.
Yeah this is basically my interpretation as well, though some of the original worlds indicate otherwise.

Like on Destiny Island they act as if the islands are the whole world, though i guess not all worlds would have to follow the same rules.

That said we know that Twilight Town's world has a beach, even if the city itself doesn't. On top of that Sora and Co usually claim to be from far away indicating each world has more than what we saw Sora and co explore, if other's believe it.

OrionGold

Awards
That's actually what I think about KH's cosmology. It's simply a multiverse where each world is a universe containing a different Disney setting.

Back