• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Remind Spoilers...How did Sora "act" as Roxas, and travel his own heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
hey guys, I'm actually stumped on something. In Remind, Sora says that he traveled TVASR hearts to find Kairi, then he travels MX portal and Mickey/Riku to then reassemble Kairi.

Only problem I have is I don't understand how Sora acts against Xemnas and Saix. In it, Sora talks to Roxas saying to wait for the correct timing to reclaim the sigil. But it cuts to Past Sora then having Future Sora act through him, when it was already stated that Future Sora cannot act to change the past. Wtf is going on here?

Then also, Future Sora "acts" as Roxas, even pulling out O&O. I just don't get it.

Thank you lore masters

NoWay

Awards
Wasn’t Sora just experiencing what Roxas and the others were doing instead of acting through them?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm still confused by it. I never understood the point traversing the other Guardians hearts. It was mainly used to explain some details like Lingering Will and Aqua freezing up, which I'm fine with because they needed to be explained. But in context to Kairi it's weird. What do Terra, Ventus, and Roxas have to do with finding Kairi's heart when they have little to no connection with her at all?

Ironically Axel/Lea, who formed a friendship with Kairi, his heart isn't used at all when it would have been more appropriate. Xion, who's persona is greatly influenced by Kairi, isn't used with her heart in question causing mass confusion on where it came from and she can "feel" that Kairi will be alright. And finally Namine, who is Kairi's Nobody, isn't used when she had nothing important to do in ReMind. Why wasn't Namine's heart used to help find Kairi? These three would have made more sense in a Kairi tracing event then Roxas, Terra, and Ventus, no shade on those guys but really?

Okay with that out of the way, I don't think Sora was acting through Roxas, just feeling the battle through him via their connection. But it is weird how events changed such as Xemnas entering the battle with RAX, Kairi actually fighting, the Sigil, and Axel's Keyblade instantly coming back for that time jump then leaving again.

D

Deleted member 252753

I'm still confused by it. I never understood the point traversing the other Guardians hearts. It was mainly used to explain some details like Lingering Will and Aqua freezing up, which I'm fine with because they needed to be explained. But in context to Kairi it's weird. What do Terra, Ventus, and Roxas have to do with finding Kairi's heart when they have little to no connection with her at all?

Ironically Axel/Lea, who formed a friendship with Kairi, his heart isn't used at all when it would have been more appropriate. Xion, who's persona is greatly influenced by Kairi, isn't used with her heart in question causing mass confusion on where it came from and she can "feel" that Kairi will be alright. And finally Namine, who is Kairi's Nobody, isn't used when she had nothing important to do in ReMind. Why wasn't Namine's heart used to help find Kairi? These three would have made more sense in a Kairi tracing event then Roxas, Terra, and Ventus, no shade on those guys but really?

Okay with that out of the way, I don't think Sora was acting through Roxas, just feeling the battle through him via their connection. But it is weird how events changed such as Xemnas entering the battle with RAX, Kairi actually fighting, the Sigil, and Axel's Keyblade instantly coming back for that time jump then leaving again.
I think the idea is that the Sigil stuff/extra battle weren't canonical changes but the first time through we didn't see everything that happened, and it looked as though the moment Roxas turned to Sora and nodded was immediately followed by Xemnas saying 'I have no need of hearts' when actually lots happened in between, which we saw in Re Mind. And Axel didn't fight Saïx after getting the Sigil because of injury and needing to rest, not being unable to summon his Keyblade.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

It's funny, I've been thinking about this a couple of days ago and discussing it elsewhere. The conclusion I've come to is that the five first guardians Sora travels through have nothing to do with Kairi's heart directly. Xehanort hid the seven fragments: 5 in Scala and 2 in the hearts of Riku and Mickey -- why them? -- because they clashed with MX right after he ouchiouched Kairi, so throw a piece of heart in whatever's close (maybe it wasn't on purpose? Maybe it was). Then, once Sora's gathered the seven pieces, the eight guardians (am I counting right?), through their connection (light connects all blabla), (connection probably reinforced by Sora's Re:Mind journey??), project their light to glue back the pieces together. The guardians are the paths/connections/glue, not (holding) parts of Kairi.

I'm sick and tired of not making sense of Re:Mind... Sorry it's not about Roxas anymore, but... yeah.

"Thank you, lore masters" indeed :) We need your help.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think the idea is that the Sigil stuff/extra battle weren't canonical changes but the first time through we didn't see everything that happened, and it looked as though the moment Roxas turned to Sora and nodded was immediately followed by Xemnas saying 'I have no need of hearts' when actually lots happened in between, which we saw in Re Mind. And Axel didn't fight Saïx after getting the Sigil because of injury and needing to rest, not being unable to summon his Keyblade.
I guess Axel's just not as durable as the others then. Xion fought just as long as he did and makes it through with her sham Keyblade not even breaking. Axel's a lightweight. I'm curious how the novel and manga handle these time jumps, hopefully they'll better explain it. I can only hope.

It's funny, I've been thinking about this a couple of days ago and discussing it elsewhere. The conclusion I've come to is that the five first guardians Sora travels through have nothing to do with Kairi's heart directly. Xehanort hid the seven fragments: 5 in Scala and 2 in the hearts of Riku and Mickey -- why them? -- because they clashed with MX right after he ouchiouched Kairi, so throw a piece of heart in whatever's close (maybe it wasn't on purpose? Maybe it was). Then, once Sora's gathered the seven pieces, the eight guardians (am I counting right?), through their connection (light connects all blabla), (connection probably reinforced by Sora's Re:Mind journey??), project their light to glue back the pieces together. The guardians are the paths/connections/glue, not (holding) parts of Kairi.

I'm sick and tired of not making sense of Re:Mind... Sorry it's not about Roxas anymore, but... yeah.

"Thank you, lore masters" indeed :) We need your help.
The fact that Xehanort could hide pieces of Kairi after striking her down feels forced in that he knew he didn't destroy her outright, and that he had enough time to do that while repelling Sora, Riku, and Mickey. With all that said I still wish they used the other characters I named who have real ties to Kairi in the tracing the connection thing. If you are going to be selective with who you use, at least let them have some real connection/tie to Kairi and not be random like most of those connections were.

D

Deleted member 252753

I guess Axel's just not as durable as the others then. Xion fought just as long as he did and makes it through with her sham Keyblade not even breaking. Axel's a lightweight. I'm curious how the novel and manga handle these time jumps, hopefully they'll better explain it. I can only hope.
In fairness to Axel, Xemnas did bombard him with a lot of laser beams lol. I'm really interested in seeing how the novel handles the Re Mind madness too, apart from the time traveling I really want to get more of an explanation of the Xehanort replicas.

AegisXIII

Awards
I understood that the true power of waking is traversing hearts to reach worlds. And that's exactly what Sora is doing. He traverses the hearts of the Guardian which causes them to be stronger and feel connected.

But then again, why would he disappear in the end if he used it correctly this time? Probably because he used it poorly the first time.

Do you think it is supposed to make sense? Or is it purposely blurry and will be explored in future titles?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In fairness to Axel, Xemnas did bombard him with a lot of laser beams lol. I'm really interested in seeing how the novel handles the Re Mind madness too, apart from the time traveling I really want to get more of an explanation of the Xehanort replicas.
I'm not cutting Axel any slack for that, it's his own fault for not mashing triangle and X, he had it coming. Both the manga and novels went above and beyond explaining the Replicas then the games even giving visual aids on how they get reprogrammed. I'm hopeful they'll do the same with the Xehanort Replicas given how they are suppose to work.

Back