• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what happend to the sora ride meow wow funko?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
I WANT TO ASK THIS CUZ IDK WHERE IS IT AND ITS BEEN ANNOUNCED A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW ITS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!?!?!?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I WANT TO ASK THIS CUZ IDK WHERE IS IT AND ITS BEEN ANNOUNCED A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW ITS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!?!?!?

Funko will prototype them and make their SKUs available for purchase by retailers, then for whatever reason cancel them because of manufacturing issues or licensing issues.

I imagine they just felt it wouldn’t sell for some reason. It’s also possible if they ever pick up doing KH3 pops again, they will release it because they had already started some work on it.

Essentially Funko is a weird company that follows no logic.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Funko will prototype them and make their SKUs available for purchase by retailers, then for whatever reason cancel them because of manufacturing issues or licensing issues.

I imagine they just felt it wouldn’t sell for some reason. It’s also possible if they ever pick up doing KH3 pops again, they will release it because they had already started some work on it.

Essentially Funko is a weird company that follows no logic.
thank you for telling me

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I haven't bought all the KH Funko, but I would've liked this one.

Yeah, I’ve been wondering if the KH3 Funko sold badly or something because I would’ve thought they’d have made a bunch more characters last Fall—like the various Xehanort’s, Roxas, etc. I know right now the pandemic has slowed down production of pops this year, but I'm referring more to the fact that more hadn’t come out before the pandemic even happened…

Ink Ribbon

Awards

It's not a Funko but there is a Static Arts Figure of Meow Wow they released. You could probably find it on Amazon or the official Square Enix store. They have a Chirithy and Shadow Heartless too if interested.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think the license, currently, may have been pulled (or ended) from some of the non-SE makers and distributors. DST have said they’re currently no longer making any KH figures and Funko hasn’t put any out in months which sucks because that Meow Wow one sounded great.

The KH license is also a difficult one to acquire because Disney will only permit it if a company also buys the rights to make actual Disney-specific stuff too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, I’ve been wondering if the KH3 Funko sold badly or something because I would’ve thought they’d have made a bunch more characters last Fall—like the various Xehanort’s, Roxas, etc. I know right now the pandemic has slowed down production of pops this year, but I'm referring more to the fact that more hadn’t come out before the pandemic even happened…

Doesn't seem like it. They dropped in price fairly quickly on marketplaces like Amazon. I think they overprinted tbh. KH fans, while wanting low-costing collectibles, tend to go for the higher costing merchandise because of the quality and craftsmanship. For example, the Loungefly line did great.

Also I've found many express disdain over the hollow eyes.

I think the license, currently, may have been pulled (or ended) from some of the non-SE makers and distributors. DST have said they’re currently no longer making any KH figures and Funko hasn’t put any out in months which sucks because that Meow Wow one sounded great.

The KH license is also a difficult one to acquire because Disney will only permit it if a company also buys the rights to make actual Disney-specific stuff too.

I would have thought that too, but Funko continues to pay wholesale for the Disney license because they are always releasing new Disney pops.

KH needs to stop being in such a weird limbo lol

Ashton69

Awards
Fellow FFPK (fellow funko pop kid,) I hear your call and did my research. Unfortunately, there may have been some mangamenterial changes back at the HQ. Sora has been delayed. I'm sorry.

Elysium

Awards
Doesn't seem like it. They dropped in price fairly quickly on marketplaces like Amazon. I think they overprinted tbh. KH fans, while wanting low-costing collectibles, tend to go for the higher costing merchandise because of the quality and craftsmanship. For example, the Loungefly line did great.

Also I've found many express disdain over the hollow eyes.
I'm confused. The first sentence sounds like it's saying: "Doesn't seem like [they sold badly]." But then the rest of the post seems like it's implying they probably didn't sell well (price drops, fan disdain, etc.). Overprinting is a possibility, I suppose. They went all out on the wave that coincided with KH3's release. I was surprised how many Sora variants they made. I never bought the Ultima Weapon or Valor Form ones. And I passed on Lea hoping they might eventually make a variant of him holding his Chakrams.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm confused. The first sentence sounds like it's saying: "Doesn't seem like [they sold badly]." But then the rest of the post seems like it's implying they probably didn't sell well (price drops, fan disdain, etc.). Overprinting is a possibility, I suppose. They went all out on the wave that coincided with KH3's release. I was surprised how many Sora variants they made. I never bought the Ultima Weapon or Valor Form ones. And I passed on Lea hoping they might eventually make a variant of him holding his Chakrams.

I was saying it doesn't seem like they sold well. My bad lol

Elysium

Awards
Thanks. That’s very unfortunate if it’s true. :( I was hoping KH would do very well, so they’d make plenty of the characters / variants I’d like to have pops of (Saix, Larxene, Repliku, Riku in Org. Cloak, Namine, Atlantica variants, Roxas, etc.). Moreover, that KH's success would give SE incentive to let Funko do Final Fantasy pops.

At least they made Aqua before stopping.

Somnus cealum

Awards

Oh thats sad

It's not a Funko but there is a Static Arts Figure of Meow Wow they released. You could probably find it on Amazon or the official Square Enix store. They have a Chirithy and Shadow Heartless too if interested.
no i heard they had a sora and meow wow ride funko bruh

Back