• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: What it means to "save Sora"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
In Remind, Yozora tells Sora that he was told to "save Sora". He proceeds to then fight Sora, and depending on who wins, he either gives up and says, "I guess my powers aren't needed yet" (the ending where Sora wins), or "Sorry, but I don't lose" then crystalizes Sora (the ending where Yozora wins). The ending where Sora wins is the true ending, but that doesn't mean we can't glean information out of the other ending.

So, presumably, crystalizing Sora is a part of saving Sora. So, what then, does it do? I don't think it's a far fetched Idea to think that it is meant to preserve that crystalized person. The reason to preserve Sora is because he is fading away. Or at least not to fade away further like we see at the end of KH3.

If Yozora Wins he says, "Sorry, but I don't lose". This shows that he thinks very highly of himself. After Sora gets crystalized he says, "I will save you". He is clearly very determined to accomplish his goal, so why then does he behave the way he does in the true ending. After losing he says, "I guess my powers aren't needed yet". I know he lost, but why, if he is so determined, does he just so easily accept the fact that he isn't able to crystalize Sora. It all makes sense if he thinks Sora is fading away and he is trying to prevent that. Considering his apparent high opinion of himself, the fact that Sora is able to beat him proves to him that Sora is still powerful and nowhere close to fading away entirely. And only when Sora is closer to fading away will his powers be needed.

Other thoughts:

We've seen crystalization happen twice previously. Once when Roxas destroys Xion in 358/2 where Xion crystalizes, but then crumbles to return to Sora. The second time it happens is when Xehanort shatters Kairi to provoke Sora in KH3. Before she shatters, she briefly crystalizes. I point this out to inform you that I know about these times and because neither of these situations are really very similar to each other or to Sora's crystalization, I don't think this contradicts my theory. The only thing that I can think of that they are alike in any way is that they all involve hearts. After crumbling, Xion heart returns to Sora; after Xehanort shatters Kairi, the pieces of her heart are scattered; and if my theory that Yozora has the power of waking is true, then Sora vs Yozora all takes place inside of Sora's heart. Whether this matters or not, I don't know.

Links to my other theories:
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Riku and Sora from DDD
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Roxas and Xion
The Gigas are like Disney characters, but for Verum Rex
Theory about Yozora being a heart transfer/real name/true appearance
Comprehensive Analysis on the Verum Rex videogame back cover

astertide

Awards
Just asking, both endings do reveal to be Yozora's dreams. So is it a possibility that BOTH endings are somehow canon?

astertide

Awards
Sorry, for some reason this previous post didn't save:

I really like your theory! It's really interesting, and I didn't really think about the crystallisation as a form of preservation.

But why does Yozora say: "I guess my powers aren't needed yet"? Is Yozora some sort of successor of Sora? Does Sora have to die for Yozora to do something? Is this anything like Roxas' situation?

So many questions!

Awards
Sorry, for some reason this previous post didn't save:

I really like your theory! It's really interesting, and I didn't really think about the crystallisation as a form of preservation.

But why does Yozora say: "I guess my powers aren't needed yet"? Is Yozora some sort of successor of Sora? Does Sora have to die for Yozora to do something? Is this anything like Roxas' situation?

So many questions!

What I was getting was that Sora's power was fading. So, when Yozora says that his powers aren't needed yet, he doesn't have to use them on Sora now because he's still powerful (which is something that would be obvious to Yozora if Sora was able to beat him), but when his power starts to fade away at some later point and he's no longer as powerful, that's when he'll crystalize Sora. All so that he doesn't fade away completely.

If you read my theory about how Yozora and The Nameless Star parallel Roxas and Xion, you'll see exactly how I think Yozora is similar to Roxas. Just a TLDR, Yozora and the Nameless Star's situation is seems to be very similar to when Xion is destroyed at the end of 358/2. There's also more stuff like how Yozora has the nobody symbol on his earring.

Just asking, both endings do reveal to be Yozora's dreams. So is it a possibility that BOTH endings are somehow canon?

I don't think that their both canon. I think somebody got a hold of the files or something and the one where Sora wins is called the "true ending" and the one where Sora loses is called the "bad ending".

Thanks for reading my theory! Check out my links if you want to know more about what I think about Yozora.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Well with MoM out we know that people in Quadratum are getting bodyswapped like crazy which presumably has something to do with the Lost Masters (we know Luxu bodyhops to get through time). Perhaps Sora fading away to Quad means that he's about to get bodyswapped and Yozora steps in to stop that from happening.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
My theory was that Yozora and Sora are in the midst of "bodyswapping" with each other, hence why we have both endings. Both endings feature "Yozora" looking up, as if from a dream, and looking out the window. Then we get the "is any of this for real, or not?" line from Sora and Yozora simultaneously. But I believe (and I'd have to check) that each starts the entire end phrase in each ending (ie, Sora starts the back-and-forth part of the sentence in one ending, Yozora does in the other). And thus Yozora takes Sora's "place", saving him..

Pretty far out theory of my own, but at this stage anything is possible really.

Back