• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Boss Fights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
After experiencing the new Data Organization and Yozora boss fights, I've been wondering whether Phase 2 will implement such creativity into the boss fights during the story. I don't expect a Yozora fight during the main story, but I'm kind of hoping for interesting fights or fights that require some preparation/planning, rather than just running in and hitting X then Cure, rinse and repeat.

The only boss in KH3's story (pre-Keyblade Graveyard) that was a standout to me was Skoll. Sure, Critical Mode did make them a little bit tougher and let me see their truest potential, but I still didn't feel that challenged. I miss boss fights where you have to figure out what to do, like Oogie/Ursula or Demyx, or others that really challenged your skills like Cloud.

Anyway, do you all think that Nomura may opt for more complex boss fights going forward? What do you want to see in future boss fights?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I see a rehash of the Yozora boss fight in a future title, possibly the next numbered title, except way easier and doable in easy mode, and near the beginning of the game. It would serve as exposition for that game's story.

In terms of gameplay, it will always be strategy and memorization.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I see a rehash of the Yozora boss fight in a future title, possibly the next numbered title, except way easier and doable in easy mode, and near the beginning of the game. It would serve as exposition for that game's story.

In terms of gameplay, it will always be strategy and memorization.
That would be interesting to see Yozora as a boss fight early on, but easy. It'd be kinda cool if you get to fight him again at the start of the next game, and it's optional to win/loss, but they keep him incredibly difficult. Kind of like the Leon fight in KH1.

I'm hoping that there's more strategy involved with the story bosses. Those don't normally require much strategy besides being the appropriate level for the world and having potions equipped on everyone.
More fights that alter the environment would be fun and challenging. Yozora being able to steal your Keyblade was a neat twist. I want to see more stuff like that with Disney and OC bosses
Stealing the keyblade and the items was a very unique twist. Even though everyone hated Atlantica, I thought Ursula's first fight was really creative. You had to plan ahead to ration magic and also to control your party members to help you specifically with replenishing MP. Oogie was more like a mini-game (kind of like Luxord) where you have to play by his rules to get to him.

I just think of older boss fights like Jafar that could have been something really special and instead it was a huge letdown. I remember I let my friend play Kingdom Hearts and I just loaded up my save file right before the Jafar boss fight. She had a blast fighting sorcerer Jafar, and was so hyped to see what the genie fight would be like... I remember her rushing to Genie Jafar to attack, then the invisible wall popped up and I was like... you have to hit the bird.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think Yozora will be a boss again in the future, but as said watered down compared to ReMind.

For future bosses I have to assume the Foretellers will be among them, probably as the new humanoid final bosses like the Organization were. I'm looking forward to all of them. Especially Gula so I can destroy him. I do hope they have fun moves and attacks too. I also miss the creative boss tones from the past. Especially KH1. You had some really unique bosses.

One thing I just realized is minus Kairi, the Disney companions and obviously Sora, all the main cast members have been bosses in one form/game or another. We probably won't fight them anymore I'd imagine.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Yozora will be a boss again in the future, but as said watered down compared to ReMind.

For future bosses I have to assume the Foretellers will be among them, probably as the new humanoid final bosses like the Organization were. I'm looking forward to all of them. Especially Gula so I can destroy him. I do hope they have fun moves and attacks too. I also miss the creative boss tones from the past. Especially KH1. You had some really unique bosses.

One thing I just realized is minus Kairi, the Disney companions and obviously Sora, all the main cast members have been bosses in one form/game or another. We probably won't fight them anymore I'd imagine.
Sora boss fight confirmed for KH3D2.

I really hope that the Foretellers do more stuff than just fight with their keyblade. I want their fights to be unique and different. Which is why the original Organization fights were great because only Roxas had a keyblade while everyone else had a different fighting style.

Foxycian

Awards
Sora boss fight confirmed for KH3D2.

I really hope that the Foretellers do more stuff than just fight with their keyblade. I want their fights to be unique and different. Which is why the original Organization fights were great because only Roxas had a keyblade while everyone else had a different fighting style.

Ira can control the Light

Ava can create Clones of herself

Gula can move at the speed of sound and leave an after image from his speed

Invi can cast an advanced high tier magic probably close or at the same level as master Xehanort

Aced can open dimension Rifts when he slashes with his keyblade

Looks to me all of them have their own Cool unique fighting style.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
When thinking about the design, I think it's a little patronizing to the player to think that they can't handle a very miniscule amount of react-and-punish in bosses. KH3's main story bosses do this thing where they spend a certain amount of time in an attack state, and then go into a 'meander' state where they float around staring at you, indicating that it's your turn.

Meanwhile, the data fights reintroduce the best possible kind of design, where the enemy pursues you until you knock them out of their attack. This can be made easier but still retain the same level of quality and focus. It just LOOKS better to see Sora knock an enemy off-guard and then follow up with a combo of his own. KH has some of the best enemy animation in the industry even now, you can't tell me that they couldn't animate some obvious and characterized tells to let the player know they have a shot at interrupting the opponent.

Don't get me wrong, having replayed KH3 around eight or nine times, I find certain bosses like Grim Guardianess, Marshmallow, and Lump of Horror to be a pretty good time. Their attacks are easy to read, they have a pretty alright spread of attacks, and they don't break out of your combo unfairly. It's that 'meander state' that I don't like. It's insulting and I've never seen it done before in KH.

Whoever came and helped design bosses for ReMind (because I do not believe at all that it was a person who was present for KH3's initial development) should really design all the bosses in KH4, not just humanoid or superbosses. They can all have that level of depth and satisfying reactability.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Ira can control the Light

Ava can create Clones of herself

Gula can move at the speed of sound and leave an after image from his speed

Invi can cast an advanced high tier magic probably close or at the same level as master Xehanort

Aced can open dimension Rifts when he slashes with his keyblade

Looks to me all of them have their own Cool unique fighting style.
Did they use those abilities in KHUX?! I don't remember that at all in the movie! They sound like amazing fights for Sora!

Back