• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura had plans for kairi before the series...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
in a interview with nomura, he said he wanted kairi to be playable in kh1 but that was scraped. and he wanted kairi to be in the spotlight for a while, if he did that kh2 would have been different with kairi as a main character. but kairi saved sora in kh1 from being a shadow forever. so he might be reusing those plans for the next story. having kairi be the hero and save sora. and yes riku. cus i believe only kairi has the power to save them from what is coming.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah... If Nomura had cared about Kairi even back in those days, I think she would've been a party member in Hollow Bastion in its second visit in KH1. Maybe they decided they couldn't work two party members in the same world back then, but I think it would've been enough to have Beast in the first visit and Kairi in the second.

I remember someone had a retrospective on KH in the past that sort of examined little things about the games and they supposed (and I think they could be right) that KH2 in some ways feels like they had initially planned for most worlds to have two Disney character party members per world. For example, most of the first visit to the Coliseum you're with Auron while the 2nd visit you're with Hercules in the tournament. In Pride Lands, you're with Nala for most of the first visit and then with Simba in the second, etc. Perhaps Will Turner and Shang would've been party members in Port Royal and Land of Dragons. It makes sense actually for Will to be your party member while you're on the Interceptor in the 1st visit and then Jack to be the party member when you ride the Black Pearl for the 2nd Visit.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Yeah... If Nomura had cared about Kairi even back in those days, I think she would've been a party member in Hollow Bastion in its second visit in KH1. Maybe they decided they couldn't work two party members in the same world back then, but I think it would've been enough to have Beast in the first visit and Kairi in the second.

I remember someone had a retrospective on KH in the past that sort of examined little things about the games and they supposed (and I think they could be right) that KH2 in some ways feels like they had initially planned for most worlds to have two Disney character party members per world. For example, most of the first visit to the Coliseum you're with Auron while the 2nd visit you're with Hercules in the tournament. In Pride Lands, you're with Nala for most of the first visit and then with Simba in the second, etc. Perhaps Will Turner and Shang would've been party members in Port Royal and Land of Dragons. It makes sense actually for Will to be your party member while you're on the Interceptor in the 1st visit and then Jack to be the party member when you ride the Black Pearl for the 2nd Visit.
seems cool and i like the idea. i think he did care about kairi but maybe couldn't have her spotlight for reasons. like the og story for kh1 that was in a old trailer. this story was trashed and remade, thats why we have the kh now then this.
Video result for kh1 beta trailer
Preview
Preview
2:51
Kingdom Hearts 1 Beta Trailer
YouTube · ThousandDragoonLink
Feb 26, 2006

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It wasn't an interview; it was in his comments for the KH1 Ultimania art gallery.

Kairi being playable wasn't planned, just considered.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You know, I was stuck on Hollow Bastion because it would've made the most sense for her considering it's her native world and all, but actually, she could've worked as the party member for End of the World? It would've been a way for Sora to show her Neverland, too, since you go through all the various portals before fighting Chernabog.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If she was playable in the first game I think she may have just gone on her own adventure searching for her friends before being abducted by Maleficent.

Before that she and Sora might of crossed paths and her heart ending up inside Sora during their meeting and the events played out the same like in the first game. Not sure if that would have motivated Nomura to make her proactive in the following games

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
You know, I was stuck on Hollow Bastion because it would've made the most sense for her considering it's her native world and all, but actually, she could've worked as the party member for End of the World? It would've been a way for Sora to show her Neverland, too, since you go through all the various portals before fighting Chernabog.
You just keep making me want it more... Like they could have had her fight similar to how Minnie did in KH2.

If they had gone down this route she'd probably be more fleshed out and liked nowadays.

disney233

Awards
You just keep making me want it more... Like they could have had her fight similar to how Minnie did in KH2.

If they had gone down this route she'd probably be more fleshed out and liked nowadays.
OR.....or.....instead of the shitshow of how she got her Keyblade just...GIVEN to her...just like that, what I envision is Kairi earning her Keyblade in KH1. Particularly in this scene.
EUntnZtXgAEoo27.png

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
An Idea I've had and played with in some of my what if writings, is Kairi being granted the uncorrupted complete Keyblade of Heart. I mean she's a wielder and a princess of heart, it seems like her having the Keyblade of Heart would be the best way to unite the two roles.

Back