• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So a thought just occurred,

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Okay, so this literally just popped into my head a minute ago, and I'm curious to see what others would think.

So we all know that Disney owns 20th Century Fox now right? meaning all of their IPs (at least as far as rules for inclusion in KH go) are fair game at this point. That means (in theory) things like Futurama and the Simpsons, as highly unlikely as that is, would be able to be portrayed in KH. But then I thought, Ice Age is in the 20th Century Fox lineup as well, which means that IT could get a world. Many of you have seen previous posts of me hoping and praying for a Brother Bear world, as that's the only way we'd be able to see Sora and co. in a prehistoric setting. But since the movie wasn't a hit and Nomura could give less of a darn about it because it isn't hades or Frozen it's very unlikely it would happen. But Ice Age is a popular franchise, maybe not that big, but recognizable. I remember when the second film came out and there was merchandise for it everywhere, Burger King toys, playsets, plushies. In the extremely unlikely circumstance they do anything with the franchise, it'd be an excellent way to incorporate world forms for the cast and be the obligatory ice level. Plus, there's tons of inspirations for heartless designs from it, due to the many eras the movies pull from. What do you guys think?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
They may be animated films, but I don't think they have the Disney "air" about them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing (Anastasia is a classic), but I think Nomura would do well to stick with the vast amount of films either directly produced by Disney or has ties to Disney (Pixar). I just don't think Fox fits the bill.

Awards
Just because Disney owns something doesn't mean it's an automatic shoo-in for KH.

Pretty sure there was an interview quote from Nomura where he was asked about the possibility of Marvel and Star Wars and he basically said that even though Disney owns them now they still have to go straight to Lucasfilm and Marvel for permission or something.

And even tho you already said it was highly unlikely I just gotta say this. Pretty much every "adult oriented" Fox property is about as likely as The Room getting seven sequels.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Unfortunately we will probably never see Ice age as a KH world since Disney is closing down Blue Sky Studios who created Ice Age

AR829038

Awards
So, there's kind of an unofficial hierarchy of Disney's acquired properties in regards to their likelihood of appearing in a KH title. There's a good reason Pixar was the first company to hop on board the KH train, and that's mainly because Pixar is the company outside of Disney's main house that has the closest relationship to them. For a long time, people have been referring to movies made by Pixar as Disney-Pixar movies, because Pixar has become so deeply intertwined with Disney in both image and operations. Nearly their entire library of films can be considered Disney creations as much as Pixar creations.
Further down the list, you have Marvel and Lucasfilms, their more recent acquisitions. Disney has made plenty of new properties with both these studios since they acquired them, but none of them have quite the same close connection to the Disney brand that Pixar does, either aesthetically or legally, and so the hurdles to overcome in order to get those properties into KH are greater than getting Pixar properties.
Finally, you have Fox. Fox is the newest acquisition of the Disney company so far, and as such, Disney hasn't even really made inroads as far as creating new properties through their studio yet. Everything that is currently under Fox's banner are properties that were made wholly without Disney's involvement, and while it is true that Disney technically owns those properties now, the fact that none of them were made with Disney's involvement belies a whole slew of legal and logistical obstacles to utilizing them in any creative way.
In other words, anything Fox-related is almost certain to never appear in KH, not only because the aesthetic of most of their films is so far removed from the Disney aesthetic, but also because there are many very real institutional and legal impediments to prevent the free and unencumbered use of those properties, especially in conjunction with other studios outside of Disney like Square Enix.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeaaaaah, I don't expect them to touch any Fox properties in KH's lifetime. We'd see Marvel and Star Wars before say...Ice Age or Rio or something lol

Anastasia feels like the only film that would ever get close to being in KH, but that mostly has to do with the fact that everybody and their mom thought and still continues to think Anastasia was a Disney film. Poor Don Bluth lol

Even then, I don't think it is remotely close to being a good fit for KH at all.

Like AR said, Disney will be wading through all sorts of legal rights issues for years when it comes to Fox properties. They have a lot to legally dismantle before they start folding those properties into their catalogue as IPs they can expand upon.

Also we all know if KH decides to touch Fox, they are going to have the Simpsons in first and foremost.

1091175.jpg

Soldier

Awards
You know, you're all right. I guess I'm still just hoping that KH can tackle a world with a prehistoric setting, as that's a very uncommon setting for most media (other video games like ARK aside). But the way things are, I doubt that'd ever happen.
(Though I wouldn't mind simpsons in KH at all.)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Don Bluth films definitely feel more Disney than PIXAR films do, thanks to Bluth trying to imitate Walt which he thought the Disney company was lacking at the time before TLM came out. That said, the other films FOX has made... I'm not so sure. I guess I wouldn't hate an Ice Age world, but I'd rather have Arendelle if they want an ice world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Aside from Brother Bear another Disney film that could provide a prehistoric setting is Dinosaur from 2000. While it probably wouldn't have animals from the Ice Age at least there would be Dinosaurs

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aside from Brother Bear another Disney film that could provide a prehistoric setting is Dinosaur from 2000. While it probably wouldn't have animals from the Ice Age at least there would be Dinosaurs

That would be an insult to add the world but not being Hayden back as Kairi hahaha

Soldier

Awards
That is true, I suppose that could take over for Agrabah being the desert world that is visited (since, most of the movie takes place in a desert anyways). Also it would necessitate world forms as humans didn't exist yet and they'd have to blend in, and I'm always down for more world forms.

Dark Rot

Awards
I think the Don Bluth films would fit really well, it would just feel distasteful. It would kinda be like putting The Thief & The Cobbler in KH. Of course it would look incredible, but there's history there. If they really wanna do it, they should involve Bluth and do a whole game with just his work, maybe not under the KH brand.

And with Ice Age, didn't Disney just close the frickin studio that made it? It doesn't seem like there's much respect there from the Mouse. But, I'm sure it would fit fine in KH. I only saw the first one but the squirrel and the John Leguizamo sloth were iconic. And they made a lot of them so I'm sure they're beloved to a lot of people.
I don't think Brother Bear's impossible because it's unpopular... We had a random musketeer world. There are no rules and I don't see KH3's selection of worlds as the assumed standard going forward, especially considering how drastically different it was from DDD's worldpool. I think Brave also heavily featuring bears might give it some competition, were they both being considered for a game in production, hypothetically. Unless they do a whole bear-themed game with Pooh, The Jungle Book, Gummi Bears, and The Country Bears, which they should lol. Lotso can be the Maleficent and your party members are Fozzie and Little John.
As far as prehistoric movies, I think Dinosaur and The Good Dinosaur would both be nice in KH. I think they're both underrated. The Good Dinosaur in particular would have stunning environments and a unique folksy musical style. I want Fantasia's Rite of Spring adapted in some form too.

Highly unlikely, but after seeing The Book of Life, that's the Fox cartoon I would want in. So much more Kingdom Hearts than Coco.

I think Avatar could legit happen eventually. Alien probably couldn't but HR Giger aesthetic in KH... too epic. Simpsons would actually be extremely cool. Even if the writing was completely off, the experience itself would be inherently hilarious and surreal.

Back