• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary site launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has launched the official KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary website following the announcement of Sora coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the final DLC Fighter.

The website highlights the upcoming Cloud versions of KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and KINGDOM HEARTS III ReMind; the upcoming merchanside including Sora & Kairi Ichiban Kuji, Alba & Ater Chess Set, and luggage case; and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross] and Kingdom Hearts Dark Road update. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Sora in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You! 

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
The site is looking fresh:)

But I'm seeing the Sora and Kairi figures they have there (of Sora in his thrones, in the one KHIII promotional image, and Kairi in her throne in the MoM cover art), and I'm trying to remember if we knew that those were being made before, or if that's new news, as well:)

kingofgame981

Awards
Hmm what is this Union X updated? I thought Dark Road is the last we are looking forward to?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Gosh darn it Square, stop targeting my wallet with merch. The Kairi and Sora Thrown figures and the Chess Board both look really tempting.
The website is really nice, though I am a bit amazed that they're already going live now, but I guess they want to build up hype for the 20h Anniversary event.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
They're succeeding.
I am just worried, if they can deliver on a 6 month hype build up. What they have planned must be something big, if they're making the Switch announcement now and along with the DR and Smash Bros. announcements.

I'm just having a hard time imagining what they could deliver in March that'd live up to 6 months of hype, my best guess is the next main KH game being announced along with one or two non-numbered games? Anymore ports or remakes seem kind of out of the question now that the Switch versions have been announced in advance.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I am just worried, if they can deliver on a 6 month hype build up. What they have planned must be something big, if they're making the Switch announcement now and along with the DR and Smash Bros. announcements.

I'm just having a hard time imagining what they could deliver in March that'd live up to 6 months of hype, my best guess is the next main KH game being announced along with one or two non-numbered games? Anymore ports or remakes seem kind of out of the question now that the Switch versions have been announced in advance.
They could announce the Quadratum game, the unknown team game and the Disney+ series all at once if they want to

That would live up to the hype. Even if they only announce the Quadratum game, that would still live to the hype too

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's looking good. Haven't been this excited since Melody of Memory. Has the series ever been bigger then it is right now?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
They could announce the Quadratum game, the unknown team game and the Disney+ series all at once if they want to

That would live up to the hype. Even if they only announce the Quadratum game, that would still live to the hype too
True, if the Disney+ series is announced too, that'd also make a big enough splash to probably satisfy most people given the build up. But personally, I don't think the Quadratum game alone would be seen as big enough to satisfy most peoples excitement for such a long build up. Mainly because I feel that game is kind of a given for most people.

I actually forgot that besides MoM and UX/DR there was one more unknown game in development along side the next main entry. So likely that'll be announced, hopefully one of these games will also release in 2022 as the anniversary game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The site is looking fresh:)

But I'm seeing the Sora and Kairi figures they have there (of Sora in his thrones, in the one KHIII promotional image, and Kairi in her throne in the MoM cover art), and I'm trying to remember if we knew that those were being made before, or if that's new news, as well:)
It’s new and was revealed in the anniversary trailer, but because it is an Ichiban Kuji prize (a raffle game of sorts), there isn’t much to say about it until next year when they provide more info about it.
Hmm what is this Union X updated? I thought Dark Road is the last we are looking forward to?
UX is receiving an update where it will be viewable as a theater mode in offline mode. You will be able to see all of the costumes and put your player in them and watch the game cutscenes. There will also be a medal gallery and other features.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think there's good chances that a 20th anniversary collection for PS5 and Xbox Series X might happen.

I’m never gonna rule it out, but I hope not unless they have a third party work on it. I think everything currently out there is already as good as it needs to be. The newer consoles already improve the performance as it is, so I don’t see a point unless they’re going to add additional content or huge graphic upgrades, haptic feedback, etc. I’d rather get FFXIII series remasters, tbh.

I also don’t think they’d announce or release them until after the Switch versions are out since some people would probably save their money for those instead if they know a superior version is coming.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I actually forgot that besides MoM and UX/DR there was one more unknown game in development along side the next main entry. So likely that'll be announced, hopefully one of these games will also release in 2022 as the anniversary game.
I've grown to miss portable/side story KH games tbh. 2022 will mark 10 years since DDD and I could go for another title of that caliber. Besides, the Switch should get at least 1 game that's A. an action RPG and B. actually on the hardware. I'd say this could where Kairi finally gets her own adventure while Sora and Riku are off in the main console game but we all know that ain't happening.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think there's good chances that a 20th anniversary collection for PS5 and Xbox Series X might happen.
I don't really want to see another collection happen, at least not yet. Maybe it's because I don't have a PS5 (yet), but I just don't see the point of the developers spending time on another collection, when they should be focusing on main game titles. It's going to end up being like when the teams were split up and overworked. Now that the Dark Seeker Saga is finally over and it's a clean slate, I think Nomura should just work 1 or 2 games at a time now.

Also, I think there's only so much you can fix and redo. Just let the previous collections be good enough for now. It also kind of seems tacky as a cash grab, which I really don't want associated with the pristine KH legacy.

Oh and I wish they included a screenshot of The Caribbean for the home page, just to flex some more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really want to see another collection happen, at least not yet. Maybe it's because I don't have a PS5 (yet), but I just don't see the point of the developers spending time on another collection, when they should be focusing on main game titles. It's going to end up being like when the teams were split up and overworked. Now that the Dark Seeker Saga is finally over and it's a clean slate, I think Nomura should just work 1 or 2 games at a time now.

Also, I think there's only so much you can fix and redo. Just let the previous collections be good enough for now. It also kind of seems tacky as a cash grab, which I really don't want associated with the pristine KH legacy.

Oh and I wish they included a screenshot of The Caribbean for the home page, just to flex some more.
But they could absolutely do a collection. The Epic Game Store version of the KH series has waaaaaay more features than the PS4/XB1 version and should either be added into those versions as an update or...in a PS5/XBX port.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But they could absolutely do a collection. The Epic Game Store version of the KH series has waaaaaay more features than the PS4/XB1 version and should either be added into those versions as an update or...in a PS5/XBX port.
What features? Couldn't they just patch in whatever is missing, instead of making us pay for another collection? Unless it's story related stuff or actual items/abilities to use in the game, I don't really care about features.

Back