• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How does Pride represent MoM's character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
I've been thinking about this since the name of the Foretellers represents the Seven Deadly Sins, but how does this sin represent his character? Like he is prideful because he has a way to defeat the darkness by creating a genocide to kill the children. Even his own apprentices the Foretellers to become vessels for the 7 darknesses?

okhi12

Awards
There's another theory about the foretellers being the opposite to the sins they got their names from, which makes more sense in my opinion.
Ava is kind and selfless, Aced is prone to take action, Ira is calm and thorough, Gula is cold and reflexive, Invi is fine with just observing instead of desiring a more important role and Luxu watches from a distance instead of acting impulsively.

Noone truly knows what the Master of Masters is actually thinking, but talking to Luxu he admitted manipulating the foretellers so they had doubts and negative feelings in order to make them suitable as vessels for the 7 darknessess, but also trained them to have strong hearts so they don't lose themselves to darkness.
In case he was being sincere, I wouldn't say he's prideful. I think he feels some remorse for tricking his disciples but did it for the greater good.

Who knows, maybe the names of the sins fit the personalities of the 7 darknesses once they manifest.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I recall correctly, the current names of the Foretellers corresponding to the deadly sins were "gifted"/granted to them by the Master Of Masters upon also receiving the copies of the Book of Prophecies, weren't they?

So going by this and the fact that the MoM planned for the Foretellers, Luxu and himself to be the "carriers" or vessels of the seven "higher", more dangerous "Darkness" beings I too tend to theorize that the "sinly" names are actually meant to symbolize and/or identify the "Darkness" being sealed within each of them, not the Foretellers themselves.

---

Aside from that the MoM is pretty prideful though considering how he considers his own plan apparently to be the only worthwhile one without even considering alternatives and how he basks in every observation and correct guess he makes.

sakonan7

Awards
I theorize that the Master of Masters is using the Foretellers' pride against them. I'm theorizing this based on how he manipulated people. With Xehanort, he specifically piques his ego to manipulate him. Maybe this is why he isn't just identified by a name based on the Latin word for pride, Superbia like the other Foretellers are.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Like others said it seems the names seem to be more the opposite of the characters than their embodiments. Though I do have to say MoM does seem like he'd kind of fit the Pride persona. He's sure of himself and kind of acts like he's above everyone else, but honestly it also seems like it could be a mask he puts on.

I like the idea Sephiroth0812 proposed of the names given to the foretellers being one's that correspond to their Darkness more than it does to them. It does make sense with how Odin mentioned the sins as sources of Darkness within human hearts in Dark Road. That said Vanitas didn't really embody vanity or emptiness, so who knows how closely they'd be tied to their sin.

okhi12

Awards
Vanitas didn't really embody vanity or emptiness, so who knows how closely they'd be tied to their sin.
This may be a stretch but during BBS Vanitas always acted like he was superior to Ventus to the point of saying ''join with your better half'' which can be seen as vanity. He also needed to merge with Ventus to be whole, in BBS he wanted to do so in order to forge the X-Blade, but in Monstropolis he still wanted Ventus to fully reconstruct his heart. His remnant battle theme is Enter the Void and his keyblade is Void Gear. Void=emptiness, so he is intended to be related to emptiness. He's somewhat implied to feel emptiness due to being separated from Ventus.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What okhi12 mentions isn't a stretch at all as showing off "vanity" is one of the primary traits of Vanitas in both BBS proper as well as during KH 3.

Always being egoistical, bullying, arrogant, dismissive and vain is how he acts 99% of the time and yet beyond that and being a destructive force there isn't much more to him, also filling the "emptiness" moniker even before counting the whole issue with trying to forcibly merge with Ventus.

Chie

Awards
He's prideful because he calls himself the "Master of Masters" and presents himself as having created keyblades and keyblade society. When he admits that there were other wielders before him, he says that he's the only one who actually mattered. He also shapes the entire cosmic makeup around himself and his plans.

I'd say he embodies it incredibly clearly!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lowkey when I first read the thread title I was like “Pride? Like lgbtq+ pride?” So now all I can imagine is MoM waving a little rainbow flag around.

Anyways, on the actual topic, MoM is so prideful that he believes his plans are destined to play out, and his pride in creating Chirithy and the pride he has in knowing that his apprentices will follow everything he’s set out for them to follow, and in his box and Keyblades and everything surrounding him.

Back