• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3 more day until DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
you shouldn't just make threads to count down the days until a major release. it's not even a topic of conversation. In four hours, it'll be two days until the dlc drops.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It actually is fairly ridiculous (if true) that players are expected to beat Critical Mode just to unlock two of the most popular Keyblades in the series. It's also pretty lazy. Gaining the Oathkeeper in both KH1 and 2 was indicative of an emotional arc coming to a close, or moving to the next stage (OK, so KH3 is limited in this regard), while the Oblivion is a reward for exploration in KH1 and a story moment in KH2. Here they're just tacked on so people will stop complaining they aren't in the game, because...that's KH now.

At least they're free (if I understand correctly), which is better than nothing.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
bbe.png

(This is never not relevant to post ^_^)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hmm, you have to beat Critical Mode to get Oblivion? Thank goodness I did that, but does that mean I can only use Oblivion on a Critical Mode run? Or does it just count the trophy award for beating Crit? I have a Critical Mode file ready, but I was going to do Proud first. And yeah only three days away! The hype is real :D

OneDandelion

Awards
If they add enough content to the main story then who cares if you have to beat it on critical for oblivion? If there is a good amount of changes to the main game to make it worth playing over then it will be worth playing on critical anyway because proud was for babies.

And if there isn't enough reason to go back to the main story then you probably wouldn't be using it that much anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If they add enough content to the main story then who cares if you have to beat it on critical for oblivion? If there is a good amount of changes to the main game to make it worth playing over then it will be worth playing on critical anyway because proud was for babies.

And if there isn't enough reason to go back to the main story then you probably wouldn't be using it that much anyway.
I don't know. Not everyone who plays KH is necessarily good at it. Critical Mode might seem intimidating to some but if you want Oblivion you'll have to not only try it but beat it. I can see why some would have a issue with that to be honest.

Wallflower3582

Critical Mode wasn't honestly that hard once you get past Olympus. The first hour or so of the game feels like "OMG I'm never gonna do this I'm so dead" and then after that you get the chance to grind a little bit, formchanges unlock, and it's fairly straightforward. If you're intimidated by it but want Oblivion I say just go for it

Edit: especially if you get Ultima first

the red monster

Awards
Critical Mode wasn't honestly that hard once you get past Olympus. The first hour or so of the game feels like "OMG I'm never gonna do this I'm so dead" and then after that you get the chance to grind a little bit, formchanges unlock, and it's fairly straightforward. If you're intimidated by it but want Oblivion I say just go for it

Edit: especially if you get Ultima first
Weird.. olympus was super easy for me on crit.
had harder time on twilight town and monsters inc.

Wallflower3582

Weird.. olympus was super easy for me on crit.
had harder time on twilight town and monsters inc.
There's a spot early on in Monsters Inc. when you have to fill up Boo's laugh meter where enemies will spawn indefinitely unless you activate the special finisher, so I just had a meal with EXP Incentive on it and spent like twenty or thirty minutes grinding, the rest of the world was fairly easy then.

Back