• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days Australian release date changed? Plus Australian cost revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
that sounds about right for a release dat actually... that's what, 10 days after the NA release, so it's roughly right. And it's no surprise it's $70 anyway; most new DS games are

xDENLINx

I think the date sounds right. Also, after I said something similar about the price, somone pointed out to me that the US dollar is worth more than the aus dollar, hence the lower price there, higher price here.

kingjustink

US money is not worth twice as much as Australias. I think it's just EB being a rip.Mario Galexy, still $100! Also, converted $35 US to Autralian = $41.5430. lol

Lancelot

Awards
Look at all the Pokemon games. Majority of them are all still $65 RRP, so its not an uncommon thing to happen here. Even Gale of Darkness would still be going out for $90, even though it's more than 4 years old and runs on a dead system

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Sucks you guys have to wait longer..... the world should mob japan and steal all thats done just before the jap release, and make them wait!!! stupid people that make it for us to eventually get... lol

Radon

mofo
MOst australian prices are equal to the american prices. Its just the conversion rate that makes it seem more expensive here

Our average PS3 or 360 game is $120. NA's is $60. $120 AUD = $100.78 USD. :/

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just think of it as 'nice beach taxes' >.>

Though Australia was always overpriced

I call for nice beach tax exemption! I live a long way from any beaches ;___;

Maybe it costs more to do whatever they do to make games PAL compatible? Or maybe the industry doesn't do as well here, so the games have to be more expensive...

Awards
there's more to pricing than simple dollar conversions

don't complain about economics when you know very little about it

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
there's more to pricing than simple dollar conversions

don't complain about economics when you know very little about it

That's true. But why does not knowing about economics negate the right to complain? 'That's just how economics works' doesn't make me feel any better about it. Sure as hell didn't make me feel better about not getting Re:CoM in PAL territories, either, though I'm sure the reason for that was based on economics, too.

Awards
That's true. But why does not knowing about economics negate the right to complain? 'That's just how economics works' doesn't make me feel any better about it. Sure as hell didn't make me feel better about not getting Re:CoM in PAL territories, either, though I'm sure the reason for that was based on economics, too.

Because you haven't earned the right to, seeing as you don't know what you're talking about, and because complaining about it makes you sound like a little bitch. Instead of complaining, do a little research about why things are the way they are.

Then
you can complain.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because you haven't earned the right to, seeing as you don't know what you're talking about, and because complaining about it makes you sound like a little bitch. Instead of complaining, do a little research about why things are the way they are.

Then you can complain.

Fair enough. I probably shouldn't complain if I don't understand the big picture. But you'd do well to do a little research yourself, on interpersonal communication skills. You don't seem to grasp empathy, and you defiinitely haven't shown me very good conversational language. Makes you sound like a little dick.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
that sounds about right for a release dat actually... that's what, 10 days after the NA release, so it's roughly right. And it's no surprise it's $70 anyway; most new DS games are
I call bullshit here. I haven't been keeping tabs, but Nintendo are horrendously bad at releases. It takes months for them to get their games over here and to be honest I don't understand why when Microsoft and Sony make every effort to have universal releases.

For instance, Pokemon Platinum was released in North America on the 22nd of March 2009. Here in Australia, it was released on the 14th of May 2009. Super Smash Bros Brawl was even worse.

Expect Days around late October or November. Shit, if Nintendo are big enough assholes they might even wait until the Christmas period.

Lancelot

Awards
I only said that because I'm sure I read somewhere in an interview that SE were wanting to release all of the English versions closer to each other

Awards
Fair enough. I probably shouldn't complain if I don't understand the big picture. But you'd do well to do a little research yourself, on interpersonal communication skills. You don't seem to grasp empathy, and you defiinitely haven't shown me very good conversational language. Makes you sound like a little dick.

careful you're doing it again

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I only said that because I'm sure I read somewhere in an interview that SE were wanting to release all of the English versions closer to each other
I'm sure SE do want that, but I have feeling that Nintendo have a fair bit of control over the releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back