• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days or TWEWY?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which did you like more?

• TWEWY

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Unsure but Leaning towards TWEWY

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Unsure but Leaning towards Days

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I like both of them, but in the end, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

...so I went with TWEWY because it was my first DS game and it had more of an impact, I guess.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I haven't finished Days but I'd be inclined to say TWEWY.

Also, not much from the development of TWEWY would have been of use in developing Days because the games are very different from one another, TWEWY is an original, 2D sprite game that was meant to make extensive use of the DS's touch screen, Days is a 3D polygonal game that makes minimal use of the touch screen in order to replicate the PS2 Kingdom Hearts gameplay as faithfully as possible. Only thing in common with them is the character designer, Nomura wasn't even in an administrative position in TWEWY's development.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
TWEWY was new and exciting. It felt very original.
I was getting verrry tired of Days towards the middle, but thankfully the end picked up. I can only take so much ice-cream.

Ayla Thirteen

Website
www.fanfiction.net
This is a tricky one. I loved both games. I guess I'm leaning towards 358/2 Days more because I love the characters, the Organisation and Kingdom Hearts and it had cutscenes. But I don't think it added all that much towards the KH saga overall, and the original KH games were more fun to play (only so much you can do with a DS, I suppose). I like Xion okay, but she seemed rather... inserted. On the other hand, The World Ends With You was very original and it utilized the DS to the max. It had an intriguing storyline and a lot of possibilities. So eh. Tough choice.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
I like TWEWY and especially its music but DUDE, it's killing my touch screen.
But I like Days better since I'm KH-devoted. And I don't need to rape my stylus.

A

Azrael

I haven't finished Days but I'd be inclined to say TWEWY.

Also, not much from the development of TWEWY would have been of use in developing Days because the games are very different from one another, TWEWY is an original, 2D sprite game that was meant to make extensive use of the DS's touch screen, Days is a 3D polygonal game that makes minimal use of the touch screen in order to replicate the PS2 Kingdom Hearts gameplay as faithfully as possible. Only thing in common with them is the character designer, Nomura wasn't even in an administrative position in TWEWY's development.

Really? It explains why TWEWY is better in quality than Days.

Obsidian

Honestly, I think Days was just OK. It wasn't amazing (graphically, it was I guess). I only really played for the story, which moved awfully slow. The gameplay itself wasn't anything special or new...it felt like a modified KH1 on a DS (which is maybe it was trying to accomplish?). Also, I felt the gameplay was pretty repetitive and not all that fun... I was also kinda hoping for more character interaction with members other than Xion or Axel.

I'll admit TWEWY is kinda repetitive, but the different abilities and intuitive gameplay help vary it up. The dual screens adds to the excitement of the battle. Difficulty/level change on the fly was an awesome mechanic. Plus, as stated by everyone else, it has an awesome soundtrack.

I don't really wanna call anyone out on this, but I kinda feel like the only reason some people enjoyed Days more is simply because it's a KH game =/

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Honestly, I think Days was just OK. It wasn't amazing (graphically, it was I guess). I only really played for the story, which moved awfully slow. The gameplay itself wasn't anything special or new...it felt like a modified KH1 on a DS (which is maybe it was trying to accomplish?). Also, I felt the gameplay was pretty repetitive and not all that fun... I was also kinda hoping for more character interaction with members other than Xion or Axel.

I'll admit TWEWY is kinda repetitive, but the different abilities and intuitive gameplay help vary it up. The dual screens adds to the excitement of the battle. Difficulty/level change on the fly was an awesome mechanic. Plus, as stated by everyone else, it has an awesome soundtrack.

I don't really wanna call anyone out on this, but I kinda feel like the only reason some people enjoyed Days more is simply because it's a KH game =/
I actually had quite a few reasons I liked Days more to be honest....I liked the story more and I sorta liked the gameplay more too.......like thats pretty much the whole game xD I loved TWEWY like seriously I thought it was amazing but I still like Days more for good reasons ^^;

Obsidian

I actually had quite a few reasons I liked Days more to be honest....I liked the story more and I sorta liked the gameplay more too.......like thats pretty much the whole game xD I loved TWEWY like seriously I thought it was amazing but I still like Days more for good reasons ^^;

lol, well I get what you're saying. I think it's those two things that made Days not so great for me though. The story I'd already kinda figured out (thanks to KHI, lol, I should just stay away from spoilers) so I was mostly playing the dialogue between characters (I played the Japanese one first). The gameplay was pretty on par with KH1/2, but maybe that's why I didn't like it as much? It felt really old to me...

Obviously they're both good games though and everyone should play both (especially TWEWY!)

Sora1915

Bronze Member
lol, well I get what you're saying. I think it's those two things that made Days not so great for me though. The story I'd already kinda figured out (thanks to KHI, lol, I should just stay away from spoilers) so I was mostly playing the dialogue between characters (I played the Japanese one first). The gameplay was pretty on par with KH1/2, but maybe that's why I didn't like it as much? It felt really old to me...

Obviously they're both good games though and everyone should play both (especially TWEWY!)
I played the Japanese one first too ^^;

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
Well i want to get TWEWY soon..though seems like both are really good games..

M

Mr. Ruination

TWEWY has more of a interesting story in my opinion. It makes you understand things that you never thought you'd understand (Think of Donnie Darko in a sense.)
And the story is quite touching especially the control of two characters at the same time, I loved that so much.

HerGuitar

Oh my goodness, I know KH fans are going to kill me, but definitely TWEWY hands down. My favorite DS game of all time - and don't get me wrong, Days is amazing too... I just found TWEWY to be more captivating and exciting and the plot twists were just plain unexpected (I played Days first, then TWEWY immediately after if that helps) Overall, beautiful game. I mean if it beats KH then it has to be good right? Soundtrack is superb as well.

I'd also like to say that I actually cried at the end of TWEWY and not Days. Maybe it was the fact that my friend spoiled something really vital in Days =/ *cough* Xion *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back