• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days title meaning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
now that its been a few years since this game dropped, what are your thoughts on the title? good/clever/bad/pretentious?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
tumblr_o60j4sM9NE1r27q0eo1_540.png

tumblr_o60j4sM9NE1r27q0eo2_540.png

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm part of those who thinks that the /2 represents two characters(whoever you want it to be) and the 358 stand for the days those individuals shared together.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Three hundred and...three five eight over....

I prefer just Days. It's simple and conveys the theme of time passing without getting into Nomura's weird fixation with numbers (fetish #12191321). He's doing the same thing with 2.8 where his internal conceptualization of what it expresses is so convoluted nobody could be expected to get it right without a direct statement from him. So overall I guess it's perfect for a KH game.

reimeille

It's a quite awkward to say in person, similarly to Dream Drop Distance (it was a little easier to get over that one though). Usually I just say "Kingdom Hearts three-five-*mumble mumble ???*" and hope they know what I'm talking about already. Or pretend like I don't remember the name and say "the one with Roxas and Axel". I get the significance, but I still think it would've been better to just go with either "358 Days" or "Days".

It actually kinda throws some people off from wanting to try it in my experience; once I explain the weird name they get the impression that the game is too complicated.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
nomura should take a serious class in marketing

i bet kh has lost sales due to it's non-linear titling issue.

chain of memories and birth by sleep are good titles, but all the others are really loaded and strange, especially the remasters!

what the shit

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's a dumb title. And it's easy to say the wrong way.

Thank you very much. :c It's extremely dumb and very easy to say wrong indeed.

As for me, I always interpreted it as "half" days but that is probably because I always said the title like "three hundred and fifty-eight half days".

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i pronounced it "three-hundred, fifty-eight slash two days" until i saw a disney commercial with the official pronunciation.

thank you dark souls

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I would have preferred for it to have been called just "KINGDOM HEARTS Days". It has a deeper meaning than "358/2 Days" because reading the number makes you lose a bit. "Days" can have just an ample meaning, like: the Days Roxas spent on the Org; Days he spent with Axel/Xion/both; the Days he missed Xion; and so on. Plus, trying to read "Kingdom Hearts, three-five-eight days over two" is a mouthful, LOL.

---

And I think "358/2 Days" means that two Nobodies related to Sora were living 358 days in the organization, while the missing 7 that adds to 365 days (a year) is the last week of existence Roxas had as an individual before fusing with Sora..

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
And I think "358/2 Days" means that two Nobodies related to Sora were living 358 days in the organization, while the missing 7 that adds to 365 days (a year) is the last week of existence Roxas had as an individual before fusing with Sora..
That's sort of what I figured too, although after mulling over it (for way too much time), I think the 2 might also represent the two days after the 358 mark: Roxas losing to Riku in TWTNW, and his very first day in Virtual Twilight Town.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's sort of what I figured too, although after mulling over it (for way too much time), I think the 2 might also represent the two days after the 358 mark: Roxas losing to Riku in TWTNW, and his very first day in Virtual Twilight Town.

Hmm..nice idea as well.
Should've just called the game "2Days" then and skip all the Xion-bull!1!1

HoverKnight

I like the title, It fits the game and it's concept of time passing really nicely and fits the Kingdom Hearts way of fancy game title which I like, Though I will admit that I while I like the full title more I still prefer to call it just "Kingdom Hearts Days" rather than the full one just for convinence sake.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I always call it 'the bad kh game'

I don't like the name. It's too confusing and I also prefer to call it just "Days" or "KH Days", whatever

Kairi .

I thought the name was fine, it made the game seem like it would be something like a teenage soap opera

which it was

:D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I guess I must be the only one that liked the panel gameplay system... :<

My problem with it wasn't the panel system itself, but the fact of the forced rearrangements and the fact that you never knew which abilities you'd need for a mission, thus would have to rearrange it again and AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back