• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days title meaning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
u pronounced it "three-hundred, fifty-eight slash two days" until i saw a disney commercial with the official pronunciation.

thank you dark souls

The plunging attack is the most reliable move in the game...

On topic though, I think the idea of the name is cool but it didn't work out. So, in that regard, it fits the entire game as a whole xD

I remember when Days was announced and everyone was confused by the name and Nomura was like "The name will make sense once you've played the game" and then I played the game and I was like "Alright, yeah, 358 days went by... but where does the /2 come from?" and then when I found out it was supposed to be "358 Days through the perspective of 2 characters", I get it, but what about Axel?
I mean I guess he was off doing Castle Oblivion things for big chunks and didn't come on any of the missions, but wasn't he an integral POV in this story too? The meaning might also have struck me as more obvious if they let you play as Xion. Cause then it'd be like "Oh, I played as 2 characters and there were 358 Days. 358 Days for 2 characters. Gotcha."

Also, the title is spelled "358/2 Days". In any English class where you read from left to right, which is every English class, you would pronounce that "Three fifty-eight over two days". Perhaps it's a Japanese-to-English thing, but "Three Five Eight Days Over Two" I never would have guessed to pronounce it that way, although I guess 358 Days/2 looks even worse, aesthetically.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I remember when Days was announced and everyone was confused by the name and Nomura was like "The name will make sense once you've played the game" and then I played the game and I was like "Alright, yeah, 358 days went by... but where does the /2 come from?" and then when I found out it was supposed to be "358 Days through the perspective of 2 characters", I get it, but what about Axel?
I mean I guess he was off doing Castle Oblivion things for big chunks and didn't come on any of the missions, but wasn't he an integral POV in this story too? The meaning might also have struck me as more obvious if they let you play as Xion. Cause then it'd be like "Oh, I played as 2 characters and there were 358 Days. 358 Days for 2 characters. Gotcha."
The reason the title focuses on Roxas and Xion is because they're "mirrors" of each other; their intrinsic connection via Sora is one of the focuses of the game. It's not really about POV or relative significance to the plot. It's about how Roxas and Xion quite literally share the time spent in the Organization as two parts of a whole.

Also, the title is spelled "358/2 Days". In any English class where you read from left to right, which is every English class, you would pronounce that "Three fifty-eight over two days". Perhaps it's a Japanese-to-English thing, but "Three Five Eight Days Over Two" I never would have guessed to pronounce it that way, although I guess 358 Days/2 looks even worse, aesthetically.
I'm not 100% fluent in Japanese but I feel confident enough in my grasp of the language to say there's no reason a Japanese person would read the title the way Nomura intended lol. There's a reason he had to spell it out in interviews.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the /2 represents the player and their frustration

Cli Max imum

the title of days references the course of a year and is a clue as nomura himself says,

-- 358 Days is one week short of a complete year, of course...

Nomura: Yes, of course for people who played KH2 they know that the game is like a countdown to the final day. And of course they know the realize why it’s missing that one week. So they already know the reason for the title is that it is “a week short of a year, split between two people.” But is that really the true answer? I named this game hoping that people would think on it even after they’ve finished playing it

the truth is, the answer nomura gave, is not the true answer. the true answer is that 358/2 is about the divixion of the annual year.

358+2 = 360

a year is annual. annual, is annuLAR which is a circle, which is 360 degree's.

half of a circle is 180.

358/2= 179

the 179th degree on thee zodiac WHEEL of time is virgo (xion) the house that leads into libra, the scales of BALANCE beginning on the 180th degree.

this is why xion appears as both male and female, she is the Divixion of the year. the two opposing forces of nature. Hot and cold, fertility and death in one single year or person in xions case.

the 2 that the year is shared between is not roxas and sora or roxas and xion.

its sora and kairi. this is why xion looks like sora and kairi. and this is why in KH1 kairi goes into sora.

kairi was there the whole time in KH1 just like ansem/riku said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back