• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days...without Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hirokey123

Awards
The mysterious 14th member on the back of the box is the hook, something new to draw people in and give an intriguing mystery. It's just marketing, because you know stuff like "Watch Roxas daily life as he grows up" or "Watch Axel destroy every friendship he loves and holds dear so he ends up the soft mess you see in KH2" don't quite have the same ring or appeal to it.

Oh I don't but I can very safely point out that this is a blatant double standard. Because Axel has more screen time, has more scenes about him or directly influenced by him, and often has had as many characters explicitly mention him as Xion does. Whenever Axel's not on screen Roxas and Xion are just as likely to wonder about his presence as they are when any one of their trio is missing. Whenever Axel's not on screen we'll either hear about what he's up to in the shadows or the game will kindly make sure to show us what he is doing. Of the trio Xion has arguably the least of everything you listed.

Let's see....who was the reason Larxene directly confronted Sora both times, who gave Vexen the card that contained the memories of Sora and Riku's home and instilled the idea to make repliku think he was the real Riku, who killed Vexen, who released Namine ruining Marluxia's entire plot, who baited Zexion into attacking Riku in hopes he would be finished off then used repliku to do the dirty deed, and in the process whose plan screwed with Repliku fragile sense of identity and causing him to go into a spiraling suicidal depression that made him go confront Riku. If you answered Axel you win the flaming cookie.

I swear I'm not lying, when writing the story early on they were planning to make Axel the figure who guided Sora through CO but instead opted for Roxas. I'll have to do some digging to see if it's somewhere else since originally it came from HEARTSTATION which doesn't exist anymore but thankfully someone found it interesting enough to quote onto gamefaqs at least. Had to google "gamefaqs Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Axel" to find this.

Originally, the true identity of the black-coated person who appears in Castle Oblivion was not ‘????’ (Roxas), but someone else. Though their name has the same number of characters as Roxas and the second character is ‘ku’.

Note: In Japanese, Roxas’ name reads like Ro-ku-sa-su and Axel’s like A-ku-se-ru, implying that the other character was Axel.

I disagree with the notion that Axel was the black hole of Days. He was a main character with an established friendship with Roxas so of course he was going to be there. Xion has way more influence in the overall story since she's connected to Roxas and Sora, she influenced Roxas to leave the Organization, she was the source of the conflict most of the time, etc. And Axel and Saix's fight was just in the background, it had nothing to do with the main plot regarding Roxas and Xion. The whole game wasn't about how they were fighting and such.

The game focused heavily on Xion way more than Axel. The title itself (three five eight days over two) refers to both Roxas and Xion, not Axel.

Axel is also connected to Roxas and Sora. Not only has he actually met and interacted with Sora but he saved him, willingly let Namine take him away from the castle, and apparently had a pretty good idea on where Sora was taken to with Namine since he had precisely zero trouble finding Xion when he knew she was running away to him. His meeting with Sora heavily influenced him and is where he first discovered he gained emotions, and then for the rest of story he sits above Roxas and Xion having tons of information on Sora he never shares. Axel is also majorly connected to Roxas, he might not be a replica/memory vampire but he shaped Roxas's entire life. He instilled Roxas's daily routine, he gave focus to the lesson Roxas learned in the worlds and imparted his own albeit flawed knowledge, he came up with all their plans, he managed Saix and regularly lied to him allowing Roxas to lead a fragile but happy life, he had an immense amount of power over Roxas and basically molded Roxas into the person you see. Not to mention the future connections/influence he has on both in KH2 that were already established.

Right Xion made Roxas leave the organization...even though you know long after Xion left Roxas still remained and kept doing stuff for them. It has nothing to do with the fact that Roxas discovered that Axel had been lying to him about major things in his life, it has nothing to do with the fact he gave Axel one more chance to be honest with him, it has nothing to do with the emotional breakdown he had begging Axel for answers that Axel refused to give. It has nothing to do with the fact that Roxas outright claims that the only reason he's been staying in the organization is because he had someone there for him, and now that he can't trust Axel he is leaving because he knows someone else out there must have the answers who is willing to tell him. Xion's role in all this was to make Roxas doubt his own existence and give something that was important that Roxas knew for a fact he had been lying about. She alone wasn't enough to make him leave, her role is important because you need to have a pretty shaking revelation about your existence to believe that finding the answer to what you are prioritizes...being alive at all. But the only reason it leads to anything, the only reason it escalates to what it does, is Axel.

Last I check the source of the conflict was Axel, Saix, and to a lesser extent Xemnas's machinations. The organization heads created conflict by pitting Roxas and Xion against one another, creating Xion, and cooking up the CO plan. Saix created conflict by constantly creating problems for each individual member of RAX. Whenever Xion tried to leave who was there to force her back but Axel. Whenever the organization tried to clip one of them solving the problem who is there but Axel. Who was it that lied and hid information from them to the point that Roxas and Xion had to run away to find answers in the first place, it's Axel. Hell why does the final battle between Roxas and Xion have to happen? Because Axel beat up Xion and dragged her back to the organization before she could join with Sora forcing her to seek out Roxas to kill her. Mind you it's because of that fight Roxas then woke the power to dual wield and tried to do a suicide attack on the organization resulting in Riku jumping in to capture him. But yes Xion making Roxas throw a keyblade is SO MUCH more influential than like the person who caused this entire series of events. He could have solved all their issues, he could have answered all their questions, he could have let the organization do their plans, or he could have let Xion do what she needed to. Instead he stood in everyone's ways all for his own selfish happiness, anything that would threaten or risk losing that happiness was something that had to be stopped. Even if doing so caused nothing but constantly escalating conflicts to the point of no return.

Axel's side plot with Saix was directly responsible for why 4 of the 5 organization members you meet at that the start of the game are dead. Axel killing Vexen in particular is directly responsible for why the replica program went completely off the rails and there was no one to fix Xion when she started to over exceed the intended plans for her. Axel's constant tug and pull with Saix is largely arguing over Roxas and Xion and influencing their actions. Because Axel was largely playing the good boy for Saix he was able to manipulate Saix, pick his brain for answers, and that is why he could do things like convince Saix to let Roxas and Xion to work together when she lost her keyblade. When Saix tries to get rid of one of them and Axel tries to use his inside knowledge to prevent this which is why he was able to stop the assassination attempt. Axel and Saix's B-story is its own contained story, affect the A-plot, and affects the greater plot of the series as a whole.

Oh and on the subject of the title it doesn't refer to any one group. Nomura said while the obvious answer people might come to is Roxas and Xion, that's not the only correct answer. It can just as equally refer to Roxas and Sora, Roxas and Axel, Axel and Saix, Roxas and Riku, etc.... (the Days movie credits actually highlights this really well as it constantly shows people in groups of 2) as to who Nomura views it as referring to he wouldn't say. He only cryptically mentioned that the ending of the game might make you rethink who the two are and a lot of people took that as meaning that the title refers to Roxas and Ventus. Which would make sense since the biggest stand out moment of that is when Roxas first brings out his second keyblade which we know belongs to Ventus, and they did in fact share that entire game together.

Also just to be clear I love Axel, I love how his character has grown, I love pretty much everything they've done with the character. I'm just saying that if there is a character who was making the plot about them then it's Axel. And if someone had actual excess screen time/game presence they could cut down it was Axel who already had CoM, KH2, and would go on to later have DDD.

I mean all I'm saying is if you remove Xion there is absolutely no reason what so ever that anything in Days will change beyond giving Axel and Roxas more screen time than they already have. There is nothing about Xion's presence that prevented them from focusing on other members. She's a scapegoat for a problem that has so very little to do with her and everything to do with Nomura/the writer's lack of care for fleshing out minor characters...or even most major ones for that matter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

https://forums.khinsider.com/358-2-days/213701-what-if-idea-about-xion.html

I think the user had a good idea on how they could have used xion and still keep roxas proactive.

the larger issue is that nomura and the fans had two different views on what this story should have been about and it is what it is. Right now i'm just hoping xion plays some kind of role in kh3 and gets some more individuality in her design post kh3. I've seen better ocs on deviantart.

Nukara

Awards
Interesting idea. But alas, it is full of holes and strangeness.
I do not believe that fans can do anything better than Nomura did.
This has never happened.

I think the user had a good idea on how they could have used xion and still keep roxas proactive.

the larger issue is that nomura and the fans had two different views on what this story should have been about and it is what it is. Right now i'm just hoping xion plays some kind of role in kh3 and gets some more individuality in her design post kh3. I've seen better ocs on deviantart.

Nukara

Awards
It seems to me I had just to devote a little more time to other heroes. More interaction with the Organization at the same time Xion itself and the history did not need to change. Also, if something changes in the game, it's a mission. They would not be interfered by processing. More variety to add.
But also I see many do not understand why it was Xion who spent so much time. She is like a new character for the series, which, however, is taken away for a long time from the game. (Up to KH3) Required the greatest disclosure. Cutting time with her more than sure, many only hated her more strongly, calling the next "Kairi clone", "Lady in Need". And so we have for all that on a level with Aqua another strong female character.
And I think poll poll where Xion took an honorable second place speaks volumes. Yes, from the clones of Kairi (Kairi, Namime, Xion), she still stands out against their background. Yes, and probably many will agree her death is one of the most tragic moments in KH.
Nevertheless, it is a pity that she still has so many non-lovers who thoughtlessly hate her without understanding the reasons why everything went wrong with her.
But I'm also glad that there are more lovers.
And although on this forum I have not yet met those who would not hate her or dislike her, but in other places she has many fans.

Y'know, the first part about the screen time doesn't say much when 98% of the time she isn't around is still spent either talking about her or following events/situations that still have centrally to do with her, which makes the last bit almost laughable as Xion affected practically everything throughout Days. Even things that are at first glance not about her in some way are eventually twisted around to do include her in some manner.
None of the characters had an agenda or scenario of his/her own that didn't involve Xion in some way, which is why I can understand Audo's assessment of Xion being the "black hole" of the story that draws everything in.

Because of this every statement about "just removing Xion is not enough" hits the bullseye. In order for Days to work without Xion the "one-woman-spotlight-stealing-squad" the structure of the narrative would also need quite some tweaking and/or rewriting by itself.

It wouldn't be immediately better without further adjustments due to the structure of Days essentially having everything revolving around Xion as a central angle like planets resolve around a star.

Riku, DiZ, Mickey and Naminé not receiving more coverage during Days was partly also a consequence of this, because their bits couldn't be tied any closer to Xion without totally crashing the story, even more than it already was by canon Days.

It is somewhat irritating though I agree that the writers apparently had no idea/confidence to take up and build upon the open questions and possible exploration into other characters that were already there and instead had to bring in an entirely "new" scenario which pushes everything else aside in favor for essentially repeating the Clone Conga/Riku Replica-story just with a different colorisation (a female this time, but has to be another Kairi-clone, and with camouflage powers due to yet more memory-shenanigans, yay) and instigating yet another rehash of the "main trio" dynamic which wasn't possible with already existing Naminé due to her not being with the Org and possible contradictions with already existing KH 2.

Heh, as far as I've observed many fans who dislike Roxas' portrayal in Days do so not because of the "Zombie-like" empty toddler-"personality" of the beginning parts (these are logical and consistent with Rox not having any memories to start with) but because this beginning characterisation does not evolve eventually into the investigative (and partly aggressive) characterisation Roxas was already known for.
There would have been hundreds of possibilities and opportunities for a more active and investigative Roxas to clash (mostly verbally and showing his more aggressive, forceful side) with different Organisation members throughout the whole narrative in his quest for answers, with Axel probably then being the one he trusts the most to a certain extent.
Him eventually getting fed up and then after some especially big fallout (especially with Axel) finally deciding to leave completely could still have happened towards the end, possibly even due to subtle "propaganda" and nudging by "impostor" Riku from the sidelines or even Naminé (that Mickey was kept away from Roxas like 100% is reasonable due to the Ven issue. Had Mickey get to actually see or meet Roxas before Re: Coded, BBS-shenanigans would have been needed to address).

What people actually got though was indeed a "bystander"-Roxas who didn't really do anything beyond constantly whining about Xion as soon as she is introduced.
The few development and evolution Roxas actually does show and get towards his more independent mindset are all squeezed into the last five days or so like that one telling scene in Agrabah which got removed from the movie version, and they manage to make even those somehow centered about Xion, including Deep Dive itself and the totally unneccessary bit of her being "present" in the Oblivion and asking Riku to do what he was about to do anyways.
Even in scenes and events where she isn't present you can make a drinking game out of betting how long it takes for the topic to swing being about her in some form.

Nukara

Awards
Also it seems to me that Roxas initially had an irascible and explosive temper. But because he was literally a "baby", he could not show himself. But when such a cause occurred in the Roxas immediately surfaced its qualities

Heh, as far as I've observed many fans who dislike Roxas' portrayal in Days do so not because of the "Zombie-like" empty toddler-"personality" of the beginning parts (these are logical and consistent with Rox not having any memories to start with) but because this beginning characterisation does not evolve eventually into the investigative (and partly aggressive) characterisation Roxas was already known for.
There would have been hundreds of possibilities and opportunities for a more active and investigative Roxas to clash (mostly verbally and showing his more aggressive, forceful side) with different Organisation members throughout the whole narrative in his quest for answers, with Axel probably then being the one he trusts the most to a certain extent.
Him eventually getting fed up and then after some especially big fallout (especially with Axel) finally deciding to leave completely could still have happened towards the end, possibly even due to subtle "propaganda" and nudging by "impostor" Riku from the sidelines or even Naminé (that Mickey was kept away from Roxas like 100% is reasonable due to the Ven issue. Had Mickey get to actually see or meet Roxas before Re: Coded, BBS-shenanigans would have been needed to address).

What people actually got though was indeed a "bystander"-Roxas who didn't really do anything beyond constantly whining about Xion as soon as she is introduced.
The few development and evolution Roxas actually does show and get towards his more independent mindset are all squeezed into the last five days or so like that one telling scene in Agrabah which got removed from the movie version, and they manage to make even those somehow centered about Xion, including Deep Dive itself and the totally unneccessary bit of her being "present" in the Oblivion and asking Riku to do what he was about to do anyways.
Even in scenes and events where she isn't present you can make a drinking game out of betting how long it takes for the topic to swing being about her in some form.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Honestly I wonder what Days would have been like if Riku was the main character of that game instead if he was then it technically couldn't even be called 358/2 Days, lmao. And sadly I lack Nomura's beautiful insanity needed to make a title for it.

Xion could have still been in there and the game could have been about him trying to restore Sora by killing Xion and capturing Roxas. That way there'd be enough focus on both sides (Riku, Namine and DiZ and the RAX trio) so the whole narrative isn't 98% focused on Xion.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Honestly I wonder what Days would have been like if Riku was the main character of that game instead if he was then it technically couldn't even be called 358/2 Days, lmao. And sadly I lack Nomura's beautiful insanity needed to make a title for it.

Xion could have still been in there and the game could have been about him trying to restore Sora by killing Xion and capturing Roxas. That way there'd be enough focus on both sides (Riku, Namine and DiZ and the RAX trio) so the whole narrative isn't 98% focused on Xion.
It would probably be even more boring 'cause Riku didn't do anything.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Not to be that bitch but to be that bitch, I still think it would have been interesting to have Xion have been very much an enemy/frenemy to Rucksack. Maybe have the game start off the same with their budding friendship but then once she loses her Keyblade for the first time, start to have her blame and hate Roxas, fall further under Mansex's control, etc. I mean, part of me still believes that was what was initially planned with her considering early, early shit from when the game was first revealed.

Plus, ya know, Days was trying to parallel BbS in certain aspects (Xemnas touching Roxas the way Terra touched Ven in one of the BbS trailers, Roxas and Xion clashing to become the ultimate weapon for Xemnas like how Ventus and Vanitas clashed to become the ultimate weapon for Geezernort, etc.) As much as I liked RAX, I think shit had way more potential to have Xion be an evil bitch but that's just me.

I mean, it still keeps Roxas' character in line with his development. If anything, Xion was shoved into development of his character we already knew from KH2. The basic core story of Days could still happen without Xion, it's just that she added a lot more in there than what flashbacks in KH2 led us to believe - though, for better or worse overall? I dunno.

But that's just my two cents.

ImVentus

Awards
It could had worked just as fine with Namine replacing the role of Xion. And then at the end have Roxas, Axel & Namine separated or hell even replace Axel with Riku and have him interacting with his best friends nobodies. There are many ways that could have worked, but what's done is done and I'm fine with having Xion existing. Just saying.

Now on the other hand I fail to see Roxas being nagging throughout (Days). He pretty much had no identity before Axel took care of him. Then naturally when your best friend suddenly disappears. He turns to safe routines on his own cause that's all he's ever known. And slowly, Roxas instead plays the same role as Axel did to Xion (developing his personality and development). And over the course of the game Roxas plays the role as a peacemaker between Axel & Xion he really isn't that aggressive until the 3rd acts starts. And once more naturally I would also feel betrayed and upset if the one person I trust had either lied or hidden something from me. So I really fail to see an excuse for Roxas being nagging in (Days) I suppose it's better if he didn't showcase any emotions whatsoever. Cause then he would be perfect and bland. But to each of their own.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not to be that bitch but to be that bitch, I still think it would have been interesting to have Xion have been very much an enemy/frenemy to Rucksack. Maybe have the game start off the same with their budding friendship but then once she loses her Keyblade for the first time, start to have her blame and hate Roxas, fall further under Mansex's control, etc. I mean, part of me still believes that was what was initially planned with her considering early, early shit from when the game was first revealed.

Plus, ya know, Days was trying to parallel BbS in certain aspects (Xemnas touching Roxas the way Terra touched Ven in one of the BbS trailers, Roxas and Xion clashing to become the ultimate weapon for Xemnas like how Ventus and Vanitas clashed to become the ultimate weapon for Geezernort, etc.) As much as I liked RAX, I think shit had way more potential to have Xion be an evil bitch but that's just me.

I mean, it still keeps Roxas' character in line with his development. If anything, Xion was shoved into development of his character we already knew from KH2. The basic core story of Days could still happen without Xion, it's just that she added a lot more in there than what flashbacks in KH2 led us to believe - though, for better or worse overall? I dunno.

But that's just my two cents.

Xion as a villain (or at least not evil, but having a more antagonistic role) sounds pretty cool. o.o

It would probably be even more boring 'cause Riku didn't do anything.

Well, that's true. He probably could have done stuff but nope, he didn't really do anything until the very end.

D

Deleted member 246005

You could still reuse the title and just focus on Riku and Roxas/namine etc or you could reuse Another Side Another Story for it.

I think focusing on Riku instead Roxas might have been the better choice but since I pitched a Riku focused anime I'm probably biased :p.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
You could still reuse the title and just focus on Riku and Roxas/namine etc or you could reuse Another Side Another Story for it.

I think focusing on Riku instead Roxas might have been the better choice but since I pitched a Riku focused anime I'm probably biased :p.

Lol a Riku based anime sounds interesting. I'd totally watch it. Then again a KH anime in general would be nice but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Nukara

Awards
Reading the comments it seems to me that almost the only one on the forum who likes Xion as a character.
I think the problem of Days is not in it, but in other aspects of the type of monotonous missions. I liked the lampiness in this game and the interaction between RAX.
And I'm afraid if I remove it or move it to a completely distant plan, all this will disappear well and it will be poorly disclosed and developed as a character as in the case of Kairi.

D

Deleted member 246005

People see Days as a filler game because in KH2 you have seen the beginning,middle and end of Roxas's story. That can also why Xion is hated more uniquely compared to other characters who earned fan scorn like Terra. Xion is different because she is impeding on an established event. People complained that she does everything roxas should have been doing in the game.

Versus Terra who's considered too stupid or too indecisive to really get invested in. People don't think he shouldn't exist: they just hate him as an individual. Thats because Birth By Sleep focused on a point of time that we hadn't experienced fully: we just heard vague recollections.

So Xion's was given more difficulties from the get go because we already expierenced Roxas's story versus TVA and the story of Unchained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Reading the comments it seems to me that almost the only one on the forum who likes Xion as a character.
I think the problem of Days is not in it, but in other aspects of the type of monotonous missions. I liked the lampiness in this game and the interaction between RAX.
And I'm afraid if I remove it or move it to a completely distant plan, all this will disappear well and it will be poorly disclosed and developed as a character as in the case of Kairi.

Don't worry, Xion is well beloved in this community. Its easy to see and focus on the negative, when in reality a great deal of fans love her and Days. Same goes for a lot of characters in this series.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
So Xion's was given more difficulties from the get go because we already expierenced Roxas's story versus TVA and the story of Unchained.

This + the fact Nomura wasn't the one who created Xion and never had plans for a 14th member in the game until the novel writer came up with her + the need to take a more unique duo relationship and make it a trio + Xion's obvious existence to cockblock two guys getting too mushy feeling with one another is why I have issues with the character.

I genuinely like, I just wish she had been used more uniquely lol. At the point the series was at when she was revealed, we didn't have anything featuring a potentially toxic frenemies/enemies relationship between two mains outside of Sora & Riku in KH1. Even Repliku wouldn't have been able to be compared to Xion too much if that was the route they took, even if they would have shared more in common at that point than they do now. But again, that's just me.

And as for Xion's popularity, she has more fans than haters in the fandom. The live reactions at that KH event where they showed the opening of KH3D to an audience and everyone SCREAMED when they saw her, Axel and Roxas shows that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Don't worry, Xion is well beloved in this community. Its easy to see and focus on the negative, when in reality a great deal of fans love her and Days. Same goes for a lot of characters in this series.

Full agreement.
In most cases the "haters" of a certain character or plot point are just more visible on the i-net because those tend to be louder and more forceful.

Personally, it's also not that I hate Xion as a character nor do I think she should have been never introduced or completely removed from Days, but I do think the general focus of Days' story was too much set on her and several parts of the drama came over as forced and extra "sad" to make the audience like her and feel for her more what honestly had by the end sort of the opposite effect on me.

This + the fact Nomura wasn't the one who created Xion and never had plans for a 14th member in the game until the novel writer came up with her + the need to take a more unique duo relationship and make it a trio + Xion's obvious existence to cockblock two guys getting too mushy feeling with one another is why I have issues with the character.

I genuinely like, I just wish she had been used more uniquely lol. At the point the series was at when she was revealed, we didn't have anything featuring a potentially toxic frenemies/enemies relationship between two mains outside of Sora & Riku in KH1. Even Repliku wouldn't have been able to be compared to Xion too much if that was the route they took, even if they would have shared more in common at that point than they do now. But again, that's just me.

And as for Xion's popularity, she has more fans than haters in the fandom. The live reactions at that KH event where they showed the opening of KH3D to an audience and everyone SCREAMED when they saw her, Axel and Roxas shows that.

To be honest this is a bit of an iffy issue as Nomura did have ideas about "a girl his own age influencing Roxas" but otherwise it is correct. The character Xion itself was created by Tomoco Kanemaki, author of the KH novels, and then taken up and included by Nomura.
I've heard the claim so often that Xion was included "obviously" to "rectify" the rather close and easily "misinterpreted" relationship between Axel and Roxas (and let's be honest, back when KH 2 was still fresh Axel/Roxas was the ultimate same-sex relationship across fandom shipping circles) but I've never actually seen any indication towards this really being the case?
I mean, I doubt the KH team/staff actually cares that much about the crazy parts of fandom who ship the shit out of nearly every introduced original character and Nomura himself is known to not really give a damn.

In general I tend to agree with this sentiment. As I stated above, for me the problem is not Xion existing or being included, but how and to what extent she was used/the story centered around her.

That seems to be the case with most of the characters I'd say, although Xion's case has also the speciality that to a great extent those in fandom who started with Days tend to also have a more favorable view towards it in general.

palizinhas

Awards
The thing though is that the full quote is that they thought he left the Organization because of "someone close to him", and that it was better if that someone was a girl.

Which then gives out three options out of existing characters:

1) Naminé. Naminé's first words to Roxas in KH2 are that she always wanted to meet him, meaning she tells him they never met before. That being the case, this means the first thing she ever told him in KH2 was a lie, and not only that, but she also kept the fact that she knew why he could wield the Keyblade (as in, she knew about Sora) from him, even though it was something he wanted to know enough he left the Organization over, and that just makes no sense if they knew each other enough that she could be considered to be close to him. This would just make their relationship in KH2 even sketchier than it already is with the memory erasing.

2) Kairi. Kairi doesn't seem to recognize Roxas at all when they speak in that scene when Roxas falls off the clocktower. She could have gotten her memories of him erased, but that seems a very random thing to do when clearly no one bothered to erase the Org's memories of Roxas, and that seems like it would be a lot more important.

3) Olette. Which I guess is possible? I mean, she sees Roxas' picture briefly in KH2, I think, but maybe she just didn't comment on it, since HPO did meet Roxas once in Days and Hayner and Pence didn't mention anything either.

So the closes possibility after a new character is Olette. Which could be fun, though I'm not sure how it would have worked.

Last edited:
Back