• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D - Teleporting Worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMS

In a 3D interview with TN, he was telling of the "drop" bar - how it changes your character... and that Sora and Riku will not go to the same worlds and that when they do, they won't be there at the same time - saying that the shots from the trailer are "very rare" so my question is Will you be playing i.e. Sora in Hunchback and the drop bar goes down and then you're Riku in Jungle Book? Thoughts please.

Anti_Terra122

thats a pretty cool idea. maybe you be playing two stories at once. it be like you have certain amount of time to play as them.

micbeasty

That's actually something I've been wondering about for a while now but I don't quite see how that would fully work out considering the fact that the game would have to save your location and transport you to another world and so on. So I think they'll stay in the same world and switch off between different locations of that world but I don't know it just sounds easier to me to do it that way bit I guess wel see!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
thats a pretty cool idea. maybe you be playing two stories at once. it be like you have certain amount of time to play as them.

Nomura said it'd be more random than certain points in the story or a timer for when you switch characters.

Epic_Finale722

I'd like a link to this interview sense it was stated that switching would be more random then that at one point. (This seemed like a gameplay nightmare and mis-translation at the time to me though)

I had predicted that the drop gauge would measure time between switching characters back when the trailer was revealed based on the raining soras scene. I also the idea for a the World Ends With You style battle system in which the same enemies would exist in different areas and the player would beat them by alternating characters.

this linked enemy idea was based on the new logo that resembles two hearts linked together.
KH_DDD_Unknown_Symbol.PNG

It could also be that there are 2 completely diferent enemies that are linked together and if both riku and sora don't defeat them they will both fail, building on the trust theme.

As far as saving goes. I don't think it will be a big deal if you save with characters in different worlds. The game would just save both character's positions.

My issue is how they would handle cutscenes. It would feel really awkward switching between cutscenes about quazimoto and ones about mogli, but I suppose there could be battle drops and story drops that are separate from each other. story drops just happening at times when you switch primary character and battle drops happening in the middle of battles.

What happens after the story is complete though?

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I'd like a link to this interview sense it was stated that switching would be more random then that at one point. (This seemed like a gameplay nightmare and mis-translation at the time to me though)

I had predicted that the drop gauge would measure time between switching characters back when the trailer was revealed based on the raining soras scene. I also the idea for a the World Ends With You style battle system in which the same enemies would exist in different areas and the player would beat them by alternating characters.

this linked enemy idea was based on the new logo that resembles two hearts linked together.

It could also be that there are 2 completely diferent enemies that are linked together and if both riku and sora don't defeat them they will both fail, building on the trust theme.

As far as saving goes. I don't think it will be a big deal if you save with characters in different worlds. The game would just save both character's positions.

My issue is how they would handle cutscenes. It would feel really awkward switching between cutscenes about quazimoto and ones about mogli, but I suppose there could be battle drops and story drops that are separate from each other. story drops just happening at times when you switch primary character and battle drops happening in the middle of battles.

It's random, completely random with no way to tell. And they're only switching characters it seems, not worlds.

Epic_Finale722

It's random, completely random with no way to tell. And they're only switching characters it seems, not worlds.

Because Tetsuya Nomura has never changed his mind, lied, been mis-translated, or mis-understood. :rolleyes:

I had already known that which is why I asked for a link to the interview the OP was referring to.

Regardless of that, when he says something as an absolute for a game that hasn't been released yet its generally a good idea to not take it as the absolute truth until the game is released especially this early in development.

-No old disney worlds or mostly no old disney worlds in 3D
-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep not getting a Final mix version
-KH358/2 Days having an exclusive international pinochio world

Just because characters don't change worlds at random doesn't mean that the player doesn't when switching characters.
As I had already said, it could be that the primary character switches at random points in the story/worlds but the drop gauge could still affect it in battles.

KMS

What I meant is that Riku and Sora will NOT be visiting the same worlds, at least not at the same time, anyway, so if you switched characters, it would be non-canon, so?...
I'll try to find the interview I was reading.
And the drop gauge changes your character, at least that is what TN is thinking of for it atm.

noheartx

Hmm, you made me think of something. Maybe, the switching characters thing happens when you hit a checkpoint. Like, you get somewhere important as Sora, and then at the same time on a different world, you switch to Riku, whose doing something else. An example of this style would be the Final Episode of Sonic Adventure 2. When you do the end, you do a certain part as one character, and then when you reach the checkpoint, or whatever your hoal is, you then switch to the next character. If you havent played a Sonic game, then you may not know what I'm talking about, but its the best example i can come up with. I think that sounds pretty cool.

KMS

TN said you will be switching in the heat of battle and will be able to use the changes to your advantage, fairly certain.

Epic_Finale722

@noheartx

That's the basic idea, but it would not be practical for this to be story based because after you beat the game the characters would have no reason for random switches and you would only be stuck with one. I'm thinking it'll be based on location and chance. whenever you go to a different location in a world you may or may not switch unless the plot requires whether you do or don't.

kingseyi

When i hear this two ideas come to mind.

1st is this:YouTube - Spider-Man: Edge of Time TEASER TRAILER
This is an upcoming spider-man game in which you play as two spider men in different time lines. I think maybe the outcome of one event in a certain place, might effect the outcome in another set for the other person. When u hit a location that is of significance, you switch off your person, and it affects the story for the next person.

2nd is the idea that milestones will have the player switch off, and the left behind character will be taken over by a CPU, that you can watch on the lower screen. (we all know that The lower screen is just for show on every kh ds game). When the drop bar is finsihed the cycle repeats.

these are just a few speculations i had.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
In a 3D interview with TN, he was telling of the "drop" bar - how it changes your character... and that Sora and Riku will not go to the same worlds and that when they do, they won't be there at the same time - saying that the shots from the trailer are "very rare" so my question is Will you be playing i.e. Sora in Hunchback and the drop bar goes down and then you're Riku in Jungle Book? Thoughts please.

I think it's gonna be something like this. But I think the Drop bar is going to be kinda like a progress gauge. Basically as Sora progresses through the story of Notre Dame the bar will get lower and lower until it's empty. At some point in the notre dame story control will shift from Sora there to Riku in Jungle Book for example. After Riku has progressed to a certain point and the gauge becomes empty again then control will shift back to Sora in Notre Dame to finish the story there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another possibility would also be that the drop gauge actually is an indicator for how long Sora or Riku can remain in another layer of reality, connecting it to the "dream" theme more than to the "random character switch" which is said to not have an indicator.

Like that some actions you do in the "normal" world slowly fill the drop gauge and when it is full you can enter the other plane of reality to do something...and every battle you fight or something let's the gauge decrease until you "drop" out of the other reality.

Narveid

To me, it seems unlikely they would let you just lose a whole lot of the story, as you do with a Drop bar. Then you could (possibly) get a lot further ahead in the story with one character compared to the other. You could stand completely still as Sora all the time, unntil you go back to Riku, then progress as far as you can. More likely to me that you have certain check points throughout the game, everywhere from middle of boss fights to during conversations etc, where you are changed to the other character.

Epic_Finale722

To me, it seems unlikely they would let you just lose a whole lot of the story, as you do with a Drop bar. Then you could (possibly) get a lot further ahead in the story with one character compared to the other. You could stand completely still as Sora all the time, unntil you go back to Riku, then progress as far as you can. More likely to me that you have certain check points throughout the game, everywhere from middle of boss fights to during conversations etc, where you are changed to the other character.

Except you wouldn't loose story with the drop bar.

In Battle:
You could only defeat an enemy by defeating another enemy connected to it as the other character. So, if you just sit and wait to play as riku you will be fighting the same battle forever because the enemies on sora's side still have full health.

Outside of Battle:
While the drop bar may or may not still function outside of battles there will also be location based switches to progress the plot as demanded.

It is also possible that Sora and Riku share stats and cutscene breaks, so no matter how much you neglect one of them they will both develop at the same pace

KH2SUperfan

its called "My Own Little World, Where Nicki Minaj

where did the picture come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back