• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If you're referring to the gimmicky "now in 3D" movie theme that's been growing like wildfire, yes I dislike it greatly. I hate that basically every movie that's being released, with the exception of most of the comedy movies, is in 3D now. The concept was alright for the random movie, but the 3D technology... I'm not a fan of. There's the 3DS coming and then they're developing 3D televisions so you don't need to buy the glasses... and it's just, ugh. I'm a fan of progression of technology, but this 3D thing is soo gimmicky. The movies give me a god awful headache and it just irks me. /rant

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
i kinda like 3D but just wished the things in the movies actually looked liked they were popping out of the screen -_-

also 3D industry is going overboard with all these 3D movies.

1. the 3D movies cost too much
2. not everybody can actually watch them due to glasses trouble
3. and its just gotten plain annoying lol

not every movie needs to be in 3D, its just a giant waste of money -_-

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I like 3D movies depending the movie though. I hate it sometimes because those glasses are too big for my face and I end up having to hold them against my head for the majority of the movie. Also, the price too.

Exactly. X)
But I don't see what's so exciting about watching 3D movies and I'd rather just watch it normally than in 3D.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
As of now, 3D is a gimmicky and sometimes plaint annoying.
It worked for some movies, the ones made in 3D w/o conversion.
I'm interested in this 3D without glasses thing.
From what I hear, it's also better 3D, but idk.

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
I have nothing against 3D, and there are some movies I do want to see in 3D, but I think it's just a tad bit expensive. I was looking at 3DTV's the other day and there were all $1000+

yeah but nonononononononono have you looked at the 3Dtvs through the glasses it looks epicly real... not like thegimmicky movies but (if watching a basketball game as an ex.) it seems like you are actually on the stands watching it except with the view of multiple cameras ' thus a better experience. the poo looks way better ... anuway what would you expect the LED HD tvs 54 inches are over 1.2 k

I lkike the 3d tvs, but nnot much in the movies which as previously stated just have stuff thrown at you evry minute or so.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Personally I'm mixed on 3D. Specifically movies.

I do admit I like it for its nice effects like fantasy/sci-movies. Sure, we're advancing on technology and it's cool but seriously does it have to be 3D everytime a NEW movie comes out to theaters? It costs more for many moviegoers/audiences to have to go see the movie in 3D as well.

I remember actual people getting ticked off when HP7 part 1 wasn't released in 3D, I was actually glad. I hear 3D could be a negativity in terms of health. If 3D replaced 2D completely in terms of movie-watching goes, I'll be ticked off. Unless they find a greater technology/whatever invention people come up with these days to replace it. Sure 3D can be in movies, I'm not saying it can't. It's just my question screams out: Does it have to be every movie--even ones that it looks bad in it? Of course, we all know the answer to that one. I just can't helping questioning it though.

Sure, I'll go see 3D every once in awhile or movies I find worthy of 3D but other then that, 2D movies are better off. Call me old-fashioned, simplistic movie watcher, or whatever you want but I just think this 3D thing takes away the simplicity of movie-watching. :/ Just in my opinion.

Television-wise/Other 3D: I'm kind of blah on it...but maybe because the 3D TV viewing GLASSES I tried on seem to not work or if it did, it irritated me.

tau

To be honest i think it's pretty pointless, the 3D we see is not worth sitting through a film with silly looking glasses irritating ya the whole time.
I've seen Avatar in 3D and several times throughout the movie i got annoyed wit the glasses and took em off only to find it made absolutely no difference to the picture, on and off it was the same. I don't think 3D really works with big hitters, it seems to suite gimmicky movies better, like my bloody valentine and the likes where stuff is flying out of the screen at ya.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Question: Just wondering, is possible to have the w/o glasses 3D in Theaters?

I don't think it is, because the way the technology works seems to say no to that...

tau

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My guesse wud be no?? but now theres news tht sony have a new hd tv tht can do it without the glasses. 3D Without Glasses Is Here! 240hz Killzone 3 Destroys The Competitors | N4G

So wether tht technology can be used in cinemas is anyones guesse :/

To my understanding, the way the 3D w/o Glasses works is that the Screen is really to screens, both slightly tilted is opposite directions, showing two images of different perspectives, that way your eyes pick up the separate images w/o the glasses picking them up for you. But in theaters, they use projectors, that's why I think it wont work.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Well, years ago a 3D movie would've been awesome to see...but technology has advanced so much, that it is no longer cool...plus, I feel movies play it out so much, just to get extra cash out of people's pockets. Then, even if the movie is a good one, 3D can ruin it if its not done well for some people. (Personal, I don't care either way, but some people do). I think its about time for an upgrade in technology.

tau

To my understanding, the way the 3D w/o Glasses works is that the Screen is really to screens, both slightly tilted is opposite directions, showing two images of different perspectives, that way your eyes pick up the separate images w/o the glasses picking them up for you. But in theaters, they use projectors, that's why I think it wont work.

I agree wit ya there about the projectors, thts why i wud guesse its not possible in cinemas, but ya never know, they may surprise us yet.

Xenin

Banned
Did you know when the piano was becoming popularized people thought it was gimmicky and a joke to the music community.

When movies were started people claimed they were a useless waste of time.

When computers where invented people claimed they were useless and stupid. When internet was invented was stupid.

I've learned through history and theology class that everyone hates new thing's and people tend to hate thing's. Even if you don't like it..eventually it will be the main industry. Also I would like to say that some 3D movies are pretty good, yeah there are some movies that don't need to be in 3D that are and yes some use it but there is no difference in the look but there are good 3D movies. (And the action chairs are awesome!)

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Did you know when the piano was becoming popularized people thought it was gimmicky and a joke to the music community.

When computers where invented people claimed they were useless and stupid. When internet was invented was stupid.

Good point. I could see it really growing, too.

tau

I've learned through history and theology class that everyone hates new thing's and people tend to hate thing's. Even if you don't like it..eventually it will be the main industry.

No doubt its going to grow and become mainstream and yes through out history society has hated on new things but in this case i think the reason hate on it at the moment is not tht its new, cuzz its not new really...the good old days of cardbourd glasses :p, its cuz at the moment its just not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back