• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3DS XL released and KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoadToDawn

Heyy guys, this is just a simple question to any of you who've either purchased an XL last month in EU or yesterday in NA. Does the game look better in any way? Does it look to stretched? Way to many jagged edges? Thanks for any replies because I'm holding off for my Critical playthrough for the XL possibly.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The 3DSXL has the same resolution (number of pixels) as the standard 3DS. Thus, while images scale up perfectly, it basically looks like the exact same game, but with bigger pixels.

TheRoadToDawn

Alright thank you lol, I've been seriously debating on it, but if that's the case then I'll definitely be getting it.

TheRoadToDawn

I actually just finished buying the XL a couple of hours ago after a full day of looking for reviews and comparisons, and the game actually looks amazing on it imo, especially the damn opening..

BagelBreath

Awards
I've heard some games have a "screen door" effect on the XL. Apparently it's not THAT bad, but stuff like that really bothers me, so I'm sticking with my regular 3DS.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I feel like having a larger system to hold onto would be more comfortable, like I hear the Circle Pad Pro is.

The normal 3DS is rather tough to grasp for long periods.

Oran

Awards
I feel like having a larger system to hold onto would be more comfortable, like I hear the Circle Pad Pro is.

The normal 3DS is rather tough to grasp for long periods.

Really because for me the circle pad pro while nice I think makes the 3DS more awkward to hold (but that could be that im just not used to the circle pad pro yet)

And after playing KH:3D for 8 hours straight I can say that the original 3DS has a nice feel for lack of a better word.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
If a handheld is too light, in terms of weight, then it is uncomfortable for me. My 1st gen PSP was rather bulky and heavy, and I loved it. The newer ones became lighter, and I disliked the feeling of them.

The XL is heavier, and is probably much more comfortable to hold, imo.

Dark Wing

Awards
i heard the 3ds xl still had a screen scratch problem, although apparently not as severe. can anyone verify that?

HoovGamer

Awards
kh3D is very good on the xl the only complaint i have is that its a little tricky to get the 3d perfect

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
kh3D is very good on the xl the only complaint i have is that its a little tricky to get the 3d perfect

That's how I felt a little in the beginning, but once you find the right distance and angle you should be looking at it, it just looks amazing. It really looks cool for standard gameplay as well as cutscenes.

I waited for the XL to come out to play KH3D, I'm just glad I finally got it.

TheRoadToDawn

I can no longer go back to my original 3DS after many hours with the XL. Cant believe i was about to reconsider but they made the system completely better even just with the new screens, makes everything much more enjoyable.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Oh, oh, I have a 3DS and KH3D! :D I got it today.
The game looks amazing on the big screens. I heard that before from other people, but I only believed it when I played it... though maybe it's because I love the game so much.
Anyway, I find the console really comfortable to hold except for the Circle Pad being above the D-Pad. I don't like it because the PSP's analog stick is below the D-Pad and I can no longer use "the claw" to select my abilities. :I
I actually find myself not using my abilities as much because of this.
But other than that it is awesome! The screens are so big, it's a treat for your eyes to see this game on such a big screen.
I really wanna go get back on now. ;u; Imma so happeh!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I kinda want an XL now, but it's a bit of a ripoff to only have $50 store credit for the trade-in of the old one and I've been using the plastic cover for weeks.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I kinda want an XL now, but it's a bit of a ripoff to only have $50 store credit for the trade-in of the old one and I've been using the plastic cover for weeks.

The Gamestop I went to was having a "save up to $100 off" deal for an XL for trading in your old DS or 3DS.

Just $50 isn't all bad, especially if you don't plan on using the old system once you acquire your new one.

Dark Wing

Awards
so has anyone noticed any screen scratching issues on the XL or were those just isolated incidents i kept hearing about? thats the only thing holding me back from getting the XL at this point...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The Gamestop I went to was having a "save up to $100 off" deal for an XL for trading in your old DS or 3DS.

Just $50 isn't all bad, especially if you don't plan on using the old system once you acquire your new one.

Yea it is bad. Don't go to gamestop. Best to use craigslist or ebay and sell that sucker for $120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back