• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Guardians of Lights confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
After watching the X018 trailer, we may have just gotten a glimpse of the 7 Guardians of Light...

Sora
Donald
Goofy
Riku
Mickey
Lea
Kairi

What's everybody's thoughts on this potential lineup?

Edit: In the event of a mis-direct, Terra and Roxas seem to be the most likely candidates to replace Donald and Goofy in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If that's true then Donald and Goofy could take the places of Aqua and Ventus. Either that or they were being purposely hidden.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
After watching the X018 trailer, we may have just gotten a glimpse of the 7 Guardians of Light...

Sora
Donald
Goofy
Riku
Mickey
Lea
Kairi

What's everybody's thoughts on this potential lineup?

There might be some misdirect going on. Since we never see a full group shot, other characters might be around. Remember that there were two blank picture frames around Sora sitting on his throne at TGS? I think those two slots still need to be filled and we’ll have a total of 9 fighting for the light.

sephydark

Awards
I kind of wanted Sora not to be a Guardian of Light, but the rest of them seem like more or less obvious choices. Though I can't help but wonder whether this is misleading and Sora's actually going to have to team up with a lot of the heroes not on this list in the end to win.

kingsoraful

Awards
I think the shot is purposely hidden. I don't think Donald and Goofy qualify, they don't weild keyblades.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think the shot is purposely hidden. I don't think Donald and Goofy qualify, they don't weild keyblades.

And what about Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Marluxia, Luxord and Larxene?

Nowhere is it mentioned that all the characters involved in the clash were to have Keyblades.

kingsoraful

Awards

Nowhere is it mentioned that all the characters involved in the clash were to have Keyblades.

The 7 Guardians of Light are not the 13 Seekers of Darkness. LOL, Like what are you even trying to say? Donald and Goofy are not Guardians of Light.

Based on the fact Mickey has a new keyblade it's probably safe to say Aqua is saved so she's a guardian which likely points to Ventus as well.

And Mickey literally said that the guardians are weilders of the Keyblade.

Swing

Awards
It would be actually nice, if Donald and Goofy are also one of the Seven Lights. They play such a huge role in the KH series, much more than any other character. It would even dare say, that those two are after Sora the next important characters of the KH series. But... I'm not sure, if this makes sense story wise, because all Seven Lights must be Keyblade Wielders.

Seadrin

Awards
When Yensid mentions gathering 7 Guardians, King Mickey replies with, "Well, for Keyblade Wielders, there's..." so it is implied that the Guardians are Keyblade Wielders.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if your list ended up being it to be honest. I'd give you my list, but I'm just so uncertain at this point I don't even have one.

^This exactly. Yes, Mickey assumed that they would be keyblade wielders (to some extent at least), but it was never stated or implied to be a prerequisite by someone credible up to this point. Also, if you look at characters like Lea and Kairi, who are being trained to properly wield the keyblade, it's likely just to make sure they'll have enough strength to better support their friends in the final battle, not necessarily so that they CAN join the battle or be among it's "main" fighters.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
One thing I will never understand is why some people thought the 7 Lights or 13 Darknesses had to be all keyblade wielders.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
One thing I will never understand is why some people thought the 7 Lights or 13 Darknesses had to be all keyblade wielders.
Maybe because Mickey began his list by saying "Well, for Keyblade welders..." and then proceeded to name six Keyblade Wielders. And then later on Lea and Kairi, two more Wielders, are brought into the fold while Donald and Goofy are left on the side lines, not once considered to be guardians.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'd echo sephydark in that it would be nice if Sora turned out not to be a GoL, and I'd extend that to Donald and Goofy as well, in the sense that their trio ends up taking a different role in the final clash than what might be expected of them. After all, Master Xehanort would anticipate seeing Sora lead the offense against him after everything that has happened thus far, and if the Guardians want to defeat him then, at least theoretically, they really should start thinking outside the box.

Plus, these numbers seem increasingly arbitrary and they've always made for an uncomfortable fit, on both sides. With the protagonists it's especially ill-suited, given that there are four trios of main characters who need to be to put to use somehow. I don't really see it all holding together by the end of the game in any meaningful way.

kingsoraful

Awards

No one ever said the 13 Seekers had to be Keyblade Wielders. But the 7 Guardians were said by Mickey to be Keyblade Wielders.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Okay, so for discussions sake, let's say that all of the Guardians of Lights had to be Keyblade Wielders, I know just the candidates to take Donald and Goofy's spots. Terra and Roxas.

Terra-Xehanort is not wearing a robe, which makes me believe that he may be getting his body back from Xehanort. Thus, he can work with the other Guardians of Light to bring Aqua and Ventus back.

Roxas on the other hand was shown wearing the Organization XIII robes, however, he was not present with the other Seekers of Darkness. Also, he unveiled his hood whilst facing backwards, as if he was facing something.

Leaferian

Awards
Also, small thing: Based on Braig's seeming motivations for siding with Xehanort and the entire situation with Young Xehanort, it's safe to assume any of the Seekers of Darkness could wield keyblades. Also, Master Xehanort's obsession with sparking another keyblade war and the reforging of the x-blade indicates that ideally, all 20 fighters would be keybearers.

Not that it /has/ to be that way, but that's the route the narrative is going, it seems.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I kind of wanted Sora not to be a Guardian of Light

Why is that? I feel like as the main character it would be a bit odd for him not to be?

Unless you are suggesting it is more fitting that he exist "outside" the pre-existing roles like he kind of always has? Just curious.

sephydark

Awards
Why is that? I feel like as the main character it would be a bit odd for him not to be?

Unless you are suggesting it is more fitting that he exist "outside" the pre-existing roles like he kind of always has? Just curious.

Yeah, like you said in your last paragraph. It's not that I want Sora to be unimportant or anything like that, but I'd prefer him to take a role outside of anything so defined as Gaurdian of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back