• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

8.36 GB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
EOYOKwyVAAA7QEh

EOYPU7_U0AA_4FV

FUeLzyC.jpg

Either Re Mind itself clocks in at 8.36GB or the orchestra video is one hefty download.

GreyouTT

Awards
Does the one without say the download size?

Edit: Hm, it doesn't.

Oh it's AUS, that's why I don't see anything. xD

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
Hmm, now that is ineresting, almost a third of the original game's size. Wonder how much of that is to do with photo mode shenanigans

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
20-30 minutes of HD video, the concert vid will be a sizeable chunk.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Yeah, I'd imagine that would be part of why it's that big. When you're recording something in high quality audio and video, that tends to be what happens.

I hope though, this won't be a repeat of last year when people saw the size of the original game and thought, "Oh no, the game is going to be small and short!" when it's the most expansive game to date.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The concert is 90-120 minutes isn't it? I've been trying to cast my mind back, from episode exports that I did at work were nowhere even close to 8.5 GB in size. I wouldn't be surprised if this size was for the concert itself though, in fact I'd more than likely be expecting it to be.

For only the concert DLC to have a size on the AUS and US PSN (the only ones I've checked) leads to that conclusion, especially since the regular DLC's 10.19 MB size is currently reflecting the size of the theme that comes with the pre-orders.

A finalised file size should go up very soon. The game is going up for download in exactly 4 days here in Australia (it's about to hit midnight leading into Jan 17) and it's even less time until New Zealand will be downloading the pre-load. The data needs to be uploaded to the PSN very soon.

OneDandelion

Awards
I can't imagine them dedicating more than 2 GB to a concert video but who the hell knows. Being that the original game was 38.5GB with 9 worlds I guess we could expect at least 1 full sized new world if it turns out the game is roughly 6GB, which would be scala ad caelum

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Is the concert 4K? The file size really starts to add up at higher res.

GreyouTT

Awards
For reference; Fallout 4's two big DLC, Far Harbor and Nuka World, were 3.32 and 4.12 GB respectively.

Those were HUGE DLC by the way.

And for a closer reference, the FF15 DLC sizes:

Episode Gladiolus: 2.8 GB

Episode Prompto: 3.1 GB

Episode Ignis: 4.62 GB

Episode Ardyn: 6.21 GB

Communism Comrades: 7.53 GB

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
For reference; Fallout 4's two big DLC, Far Harbor and Nuka World, were 3.32 and 4.12 GB respectively.

What I'm getting from this is that Square don't know how to compress files

ZeVaine

Awards
8 Gigs may sound like a lot, but maybe we're getting more than we think.

13 Expanded/new Bosses alone is sure to be at least a gig or 2, and then all these new cutscenes, several new "scenarios", custom menu options, etc. For me, the bigger the file size, potentially the most promising... that's the positive outlook I'm sticking with, anyway.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
8.36 GB could be a conflated file size as it could be including the Orchestra video in with the actual DLC file size. It's still large though, but remember that file size =/= content length or scale.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Eh, I don't think the FFXV DLCs are a fair comparison since it is a completely engine. KH3 has some amazing compression. Truly, sorcerers the lot of Osaka are.

OneDandelion

Awards
14.2 GB in Japan. They have to download English Voice Overs though, that’s why the size is bigger.

There is no way that English voice overs alone constitute up to 6GB unless they are patching the whole game? It could be that the 8.4GB you noted in the OP is actually only the size of the orchestra video only and that 14.2GB is the size of the DLC. There is no orchestra option on the japanese DLC page either.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There is no way that English voice overs alone constitute up to 6GB unless they are patching the whole game? It could be that the 8.4GB you noted in the OP is actually only the size of the orchestra video only and that 14.2GB is the size of the DLC. There is no orchestra option on the japanese DLC page either.
It can since there are multiple CG videos that need to be downloaded for the English version.

I don’t quite understand what you mean about no orchestra option? Fans in Japan can preorder the regular edition and the orchestra edition.

OneDandelion

Awards
It can since there are multiple CG videos that need to be downloaded for the English version.

I don’t quite understand what you mean about no orchestra option? Fans in Japan can preorder the regular edition and the orchestra edition.

I mean the 8.4 GB you quoted in the OP was presumably a combination of the DLC and the orchestra.

The Japanese Remind DLC page linked here looks like its just the DLC alone and adds up to 14.2GB? Unless I'm missing something

So either the CG video and voice over file size for the english patch is absolutely massive for the Japanese DLC or the 8.4 GB in the OP was the size of the orchestra alone. The difference in file size between the US and Japanese full KH3 game was only a couple GB so I don't see how the Japanese Remind DLC would be so much bigger for Cutscenes and voiceovers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean the 8.4 GB you quoted in the OP was presumably a combination of the DLC and the orchestra.

The Japanese Remind DLC page linked here looks like its just the DLC alone and adds up to 14.2GB? Unless I'm missing something

So either the CG video and voice over file size for the english patch is absolutely massive for the Japanese DLC or the 8.4 GB in the OP was the size of the orchestra alone. The difference in file size between the US and Japanese full KH3 game was only a couple GB so I don't see how the Japanese Remind DLC would be so much bigger for Cutscenes and voiceovers.
You seem to be reaching this conclusion by thinking that the Orchestra edition file size is for the orchestra itself when we don’t know that for certain yet. The file size in the OP could well and truly be for the DLC itself.

Hundreds of lines of dialogue can really increase a file size. And with that comes extra code to have the lip flaps match the English dialogue and CG cutscenes.

edit: there we go, 22.6 GB for orchestra. 8.4 GB more than the regular edition so 😂😂

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's kinda odd that the International version with the concert is 8.4 GB and that also seems to be the size difference between the two Japanese versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back