• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

9/3 Union χ JP Update: Message from Nomura, 4th Anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Today is the 4th anniversary of the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Union X! Director Tetsuya Nomura has shared a special message teasing what's to come.

Thanks to goldpanner for translations!

It's been a while. Nomura here. Thanks to the efforts of all the staff, we have reached four years. It's also thanks to you, Keyblade Wielders all over the world. Thank you so much.

To show our gratitude, we will be distributing 4th anniversary presents for the next eight days as we count down. On the 8th and final day, we will release a new trailer for the KINGDOM HEARTS III DLC we are currently working hard on, Re Mind. We plan to drop it a little earlier than the present distribution on the final day, at midnight September 10 Japan time.

I'm very sorry, but I haven't been able to prepare my usual commemorative illustration this year. Instead, if that's the right way to describe it anyway, I have been writing more of the main scenario. I wasn't able to finish in time for the 4th anniversary, but starting October I plan to release four main story updates in a row. I'd like to show you a scene from each of the two stories that have been written so far.

Pic 1:
whaaaaa??
When I was still just a boy…

Pic 2: Your message has already been received.

Does that pique your interest?

Speaking of KH scenarios, I have finished Re Mind, and finished the first two stories for UX. As I just mentioned I plan to write two more, however, I also received a mystery request for one thing to do first. I will return to UX after. I'll just say this: that one mystery thing is related to a yet-unannounced 3rd "line" of KH…… And in the 3rd line○○○○○○○…… Does that pique your interest?

I do feel like things have settled down since the release of KHIII, but we are working steadily towards the next phase of the KH series, so I hope you continue to support KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]. The other day the UX staff came to talk to me about something mind boggling, some huge changes might be on the way. Here's a hint: "double feature."

Farewell until our next chance.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

Various campaigns will be held throughout the month to celebrate the 4th anniversary!

Starting on 9/3 at 4:00, a special 8-day countdown login bonus will begin distribution! Over the course of these days, players will receive up to 14,000 jewels, Draw Tickets and more! View the schedule below:

9/3 Jewel x 4,000
Draw Ticket x 10
9/4 Jewel x 1,000
Chip & Dale SP Ver x 5
9/5 Jewel x 1,000
Sword Gem x 10
9/6 Jewel x 1,000
Draw Ticket x 10
9/7 Jewel x 1,000
Wing Gem x 10
9/8 Jewel x 1,000
[Tier 9] Meow Wow SP & NM x 5
9/9 Jewel x 1,000
Mystic Gem x 10
9/10 Jewel x 4,000
Draw Ticket x 20

The Great Lottery Campaign returns from 9/3~9/30! One lucky winner will receive 1 million jewels!

Award Contents Number of Winners
1st Place 1,000,000 jewels 1 person
2nd Place 100,000 jewels 1 person
3rd Place 10,000 jewels 10 people
4th Place 5,000 jewels 500 people
5th Place 3,000 jewels 10,000 people
Participation 1,000 jewels All participants
Special Prize KHIII Aqua x 1
KHIII Ventus x 1
KHIII Terra x 1
Trait Medals for above 3 x 5 each
1 person

How to apply for the lottery:

Clear the quest to earn ★5 White Mushroom B medals. Collect 5 of them and evolve them to ★6.

Each ★6 White Mushroom B counts for 1 entry. Do not get rid of them before the lottery results have been submitted, otherwise they will not count towards your entry.

Daily Mission 9/3 (0:00) ~ 9/30 (23:59) 1 per day (maximum 28)
Weekly Mission 9/9 (0:00) ~ 9/15 (23:59) 4 per week (total 12 over 3 weeks)
9/16 (0:00) ~ 9/22 (23:59)
9/23 (0:00) ~ 9/29 (23:59)

The Keyblade War scenario event has begun! Episode 1 consists of 5 quests, clear the challenges to earn magic gems, Chip and Dale medals.

(As this has no end date, we assume this will be a permanent event.)

Get more Subslot Medals from 9/3~9/16! Clear the quests to earn event coins and exchange them for Subslot Medals and Draw Tickets! 

Gift Shadows are rare, but will drop lots of event coins when defeated. They also have a chance of dropping Moogle & Riku medals, which can be sold for jewels.
Gold Trichonoma are even more rare but will always drop Moogle & Riku medals.

Union Cross is updated for 9/3~9/15! Clear quests to earn coins and redeem rewards like the Airship Chirithy Balloon accessory, which grants Rare Enemy Luck+2.

There are 4 sets of Cross Boards available:

(1) Magic Mirror set 1
=> Magic Mirror set 2
(2) Broom Servant set 1
=> Broom Servant set 2
(3) M_Luxury Reward Board: Airship Chirithy Balloon
(4) L_Luxury Reward Board: Airship Chirithy Balloon

Challenge Boss Time is held from 19:00~19:29 and 23:00~23:29 JST, during which players will receive more coins by defeating the boss.

Hades Cup will be held from 9/3~9/30! Clear the challenges to earn magic gems and up to 6000 jewels! 

4th Anniversary Quiz Event will be held from 9/3~9/20! Clear the quests to earn up to 1000 jewels!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
What the hell is Nomura talking about
What is happening

A "third line" of KH?
I was so excited for Anniversary, now I want it to be October already

AR829038

Awards
So much madness and mystery in one letter.
Damnit Nomura, what the hell are you planning?!?!?

NoWay

Awards
And what the hell Are the first two lines? :D
It makes me more excited for what’s to come. I really hope that they also have already started producing the next KH game.

Any

Awards
So Brain is an original union leader? Does this confirmed that he didn’t kill Strelitzia? Who did it.......

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
My guess is that the Xehanort saga is one line, the Chi stuff is another, and then there will be a new series of games or something with its own separate storyline and characters with some crossover.

I’ll probably be crucified for the mere suggestion of this, but I wouldn’t put it past Nomura to introduce a worldline with Disney worlds based on the live action Disney remakes. And as much mixed feelings I have towards those movies, I think worlds based on them could be cool after how well the Caribbean was done as far as world design goes. And Nomura has said that world was intended to prove KH could handle live action properties.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My guess is that the Xehanort saga is one line, the Chi stuff is another, and then there will be a new series of games or something with its own separate storyline and characters with some crossover.
*cough*canon scholastic novel?*/cough*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*cough*canon scholastic novel?*/cough*

After all, he was requested to do this thing...

and I mean SE doesn't ever let Disney do anything story-wise without Nomura's touch...and Brooke Vitale is mainly an editor....................................

Is NOMURA writing the book and Brooke Vitale is the editor?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The MoM mentioned being a boy. MoM is Sora confirmified.
Plot-twist: he's actually Noel Kreis from FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. "Long ago, when I was just a boy... so alone then, last of my kind"

I’ll probably be crucified for the mere suggestion of this, but I wouldn’t put it past Nomura to introduce a worldline with Disney worlds based on the live action Disney remakes. And as much mixed feelings I have towards those movies, I think worlds based on them could be cool after how well the Caribbean was done as far as world design goes. And Nomura has said that world was intended to prove KH could handle live action properties.
In before the third line is Nomura's spiritual successor to Versus XIII: Verum Rex.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
After all, he was requested to do this thing...

and I mean SE doesn't ever let Disney do anything story-wise without Nomura's touch...and Brooke Vitale is mainly an editor....................................

Is NOMURA writing the book and Brooke Vitale is the editor?
He said it wasn't announced yet, though

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can't believe Brain was the little red circle all this time.

CDD

Awards
… And in the 3rd line○○○○○○○…… Does that pique your interest?

7 blank spaces.... coincidentally disney+ is made of seven characters. funny, that.

AR829038

Awards
7 blank spaces.... coincidentally disney+ is made of seven characters. funny, that.
Interesting. I actually looked at it and originally thought the blank circles were just some weird text corruption, but I only just now noticed there are seven of them.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
No new anniversary drawing from Nomura is just sad. There wasn't one for the 3rd either but at least we still had the 3rd from KHX, now there is nothing.

I'm still in awe that main scenarios are still developed the way they are, I thought the whole thing would have been written to the end by now and just implemented month after month.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
If by "line" he means "worldline" , I believe the third one is where we will have TWEWY and Verum Rex.

1º worldline: The age of fairy tales - KHX stuff (Past)
2º worldline: The main one we've been playing with Sora and co. (Present)
3º worldline: "The real world setting" TWEWY, Verum Rex... (Future)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The thing that stops me from thinking is it’s something as big as a full game is he’s stopping writing the UX updates to do this third thing, and those updates won’t be kept back for long so I imagine this is a task that may take up a couple of weeks on his schedule rather than a couple of months - years like a game would (remember he floated DLC expansions around towards the end of last year and he only finished writing the scenario for that recently, so that was a couple of months work.)

Back