• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Couple of Questions From A New Player Looking to Start Final Mix 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianHunter

I just finished playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 and Re:COM on standard difficulty and have a couple of questions on what I should do next. I know that 358/2 days is before KH2 in order, but I know that there are mixed opinions on which to go through first. I'm mainly interested in the story and want to have a fun, surprising, and memorable time as I had with KH1 and re:COM. Which option would be the best to start with exposition-wise? Also, I'm curious which game mode to start KH2 with. I want to be able to have a good time with the game, but I also would welcome a challenge. Is proud or critical mode very difficult for a first time player? Thanks.solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd recommend playing KH2 first then watching 358/2 Days. Though in theory either order works, but KH2 was released before Days and Days was written with that in mind.

Regarding difficulty it's hard to say, depends on how good you are with video games in general. If you want a real challenge that forces you to use the mechanics in the most efficient way, critical is the way to go. But, if you just want a challenge that'll make the boss fights harder while not being pushed to master the games mechanics, proud could be a better fit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

I strongly agree with AdrianXXII about the order. Watching Days first actually takes away a lot of the suspense and mystery from KH2, in my view

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m a contrarian on this issue; I’m of the strong opinion Days should be watched before KH2. In my view, the choice is essentially between higher emotional payoff (Days —> KH2) and more surprising plot twists (KH2 —> Days). I think it depends on which one you prioritize. You’ll miss a couple good plot twists playing Days first, but in my opinion the story is more cohesive and literate in its emotional development that way, so that’s my preferred order. KH2 wraps up several character and plot arcs, many of which are started or developed in Days. I believe I’m in the minority, though.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Play 2 first, the ending(the last scene) of Days becomes more powerful when you play KH2 before. Also Days spoils character reveals and major plot points that are supposed to be a big deal in 2.

EDIT: Kingdom Hearts 2 is major event in the saga while Days is a side story(still important) so its better to know less of 2 than Days.

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
Also, I'm curious which game mode to start KH2 with. I want to be able to have a good time with the game, but I also would welcome a challenge. Is proud or critical mode very difficult for a first time player? Thanks.solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/
For difficulty, I think that you should go with Standard Mode. Standard Mode is actually pretty challenging. But not difficult enough where you can't continue the game. Though I do think after you play Standard Mode, you should try either Proud or Critical Mode. Also, there are extra bosses after finishing the game, so try those out, too! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back