• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Curious Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrawong

Why are there not as many people joining the Ursus Union as the other unions? I'm not in Ursus but I'm just curious to the reasoning behind Ursus being the union with the least members.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
First of all, there's the widespread belief in the Rebirth Theory. According to that theory, Aced, the leader of Ursus, is a pre-incarnation of Terra... and Terra tends to be viewed as a slow, gullible, monotonous pile of rocks. He's not going to win a popularity contest against the likes of, say, Riku or Aqua.

Second of all, there's the events of the in-game story. Ava's union already has a massive following because of her involvement with the Dandelions and the attention the story's given her as a result, as well as her overall ideal of simply not fighting a Keyblade War. Contrast that with Aced, who's fighting almost everyone he comes across (tensely argued with Ira, attacked Invi on the rooftops, struck down Gula in the warehouse, clobbered the player so hard that they fell into a coma), stating that loyalty to one's union is the only thing that can be trusted, and declaring that he'll "banish" the other Foretellers and set up some sort of power-based fascist regime.

Basically, Aced's the main reason why tensions are escalating so quickly. Given how most players know that this will lead to Apocalypse Lite and how popular Ava's pacifist club is, I can't imagine a lot of people want to be following the mook who played a huge part in starting a war.

Beyond that, I guess bears aren't as popular as unicorns or foxes?

Karrawong

First of all, there's the widespread belief in the Rebirth Theory. According to that theory, Aced, the leader of Ursus, is a pre-incarnation of Terra... and Terra tends to be viewed as a slow, gullible, monotonous pile of rocks. He's not going to win a popularity contest against the likes of, say, Riku or Aqua.

Second of all, there's the events of the in-game story. Ava's union already has a massive following because of her involvement with the Dandelions and the attention the story's given her as a result, as well as her overall ideal of simply not fighting a Keyblade War. Contrast that with Aced, who's fighting almost everyone he comes across (tensely argued with Ira, attacked Invi on the rooftops, struck down Gula in the warehouse, clobbered the player so hard that they fell into a coma), stating that loyalty to one's union is the only thing that can be trusted, and declaring that he'll "banish" the other Foretellers and set up some sort of power-based fascist regime.

Basically, Aced's the main reason why tensions are escalating so quickly. Given how most players know that this will lead to Apocalypse Lite and how popular Ava's pacifist club is, I can't imagine a lot of people want to be following the mook who played a huge part in starting a war.

Beyond that, I guess bears aren't as popular as unicorns or foxes?

That would make a lot of sense, thank you for replying :)

Looking back on my choice to join the Leopardos Union, the deciding factor was to do with the July update of KH Chi. If it weren't for that I might have joined Vulpes (it was a close call between Vulpes and Leopardos back when I was considering to start playing KH Unchained Chi).

"Username".

I've not noticed a real difference in amount of active players. Perhaps it's just new players replacing old or old ones becoming active again?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I've not noticed a real difference in amount of active players. Perhaps it's just new players replacing old or old ones becoming active again?
Take one look at the weekly union Lux rankings and tell me with a straight face that there isn't a significant difference between Ursus and everyone else.

"Username".

Did you actually bother checking the Top 100 players instead? Weekly lux is a bad way of checking a difference in amount. We were still last place as usual. Good thing I snagged a screenshot of the top 3 last minute. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
This would be my score all the way from 53rd place, Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Now, considering the fact the players between myself and the people in Top 10 were between 230K and 20M, it is completely believable that our score was that high. So yes, I can say it with a straight face because I check the leaderboard often. I've made it a point to screenshot within the first two hours of board reset and two hours before board reset. It's a precaution I take to watch for the hackers that people claim to exist but actually don't.
So, any further negative attitude over something you clearly didn't educate yourself on beforehand?

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Did you actually bother checking the Top 100 players instead? Weekly lux is a bad way of checking a difference in amount. We were still last place as usual. Good thing I snagged a screenshot of the top 3 last minute. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
This would be my score all the way from 53rd place, Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Now, considering the fact the players between myself and the people in Top 10 were between 230K and 20M, it is completely believable that our score was that high. So yes, I can say it with a straight face because I check the leaderboard often. I've made it a point to screenshot within the first two hours of board reset and two hours before board reset. It's a precaution I take to watch for the hackers that people claim to exist but actually don't.
So, any further negative attitude over something you clearly didn't educate yourself on beforehand?
Except the point isn't to discuss the top 100. It's to discuss why Ursus is the least popular choice of the 5 Unions in Unchained, across both the NA/global and JP servers. You should also note that ranking in the top Unions (Vulpes, Unicornis) is tougher and more competitive than it would be to rank in Ursus, thanks to the difference in the number of players.
tumblr_o7yd7xv3nR1u4jlmfo1_540.jpg

(and a more recent one here.)
Ursus has consistently been at the bottom of the Union rankings since day one for JPUx (and NAUx too, I'm sure, I don't remember otherwise), with only one exception in JPUx.

"Username".

Except the point isn't to discuss the top 100. It's to discuss why Ursus is the least popular choice of the 5 Unions in Unchained, across both the NA/global and JP servers. You should also note that ranking in the top Unions (Vulpes, Unicornis) is tougher and more competitive than it would be to rank in Ursus, thanks to the difference in the number of players.
tumblr_o7yd7xv3nR1u4jlmfo1_540.jpg

(and a more recent one here.)
Ursus has consistently been at the bottom of the Union rankings since day one for JPUx (and NAUx too, I'm sure, I don't remember otherwise), with only one exception in JPUx.

Was referring to his comment over the difference in lux change than how it usually is which there isn't. Ursus has always placed last and with close to the same Lux amount. He thinks noticeable increase in lux=new and more players which it does not.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ursus was never popular to begin with even before the Rebirth theory existed. Bears aren't cool when there are foxes and hardcore-looking unicorns.

When the Rebirth theory by Grass came out, it kind of reaffirmed people's choice in not choosing Ursus. Now that we are seeing just how aggressive and stubborn Aced is, people have been pretty much turned off by him.

That said, the Union has a very dedicated group of players who definitely like to pay for premium content and rank pretty high in terms of individual player ranks.

"Username".

Ursus was never popular to begin with even before the Rebirth theory existed. Bears aren't cool when there are foxes and hardcore-looking unicorns.

When the Rebirth theory by Grass came out, it kind of reaffirmed people's choice in not choosing Ursus. Now that we are seeing just how aggressive and stubborn Aced is, people have been pretty much turned off by him.

That said, the Union has a very dedicated group of players who definitely like to pay for premium content and rank pretty high in terms of individual player ranks.

You would be correct on that unfortunately. Judging from my alts, us Ursus players have higher everything but Lux. Kind of ironic really considering how our union leader is. Wanting to gather the most lux and all. Think there will be an event with Vulpes vs Ursus? Would certainly boost our player count. Still get mobbed and lose though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back