• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Far-fetched family idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
So we all know that Master Xehanort comes from Destiny Islands, right? At least, that's what I remember, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, We know three important people who come from DI:

Sora, Riku, and Master Xehanort.​

Now, I'm not exactly sure if this has been answered, but why was Vanitas able to get into that suit/a similar suit Riku had? From what I know, he and Riku had no connection what-so-ever. The only person I can guess why Vanitas was able to use the suit is because of Master Xehanort. Now, I'm not sure if Riku got his suit before or after the whole Ansem SoD fiasco (I'm guessing he did.) so now I'm going to guess that, possibly, Master Xehanort and Riku come from the same lineage that has the power to use/pass on the suit. Why? I doubt Vanitas got it by himself, and since he was connected to Sora and Ven and not Riku, it had to be from Master Xehanort.

(Or maybe you just get it by using/submitting to darkness.)

But yeah, not saying MX was Riku's grandpa or whatever, but if he truly was the reason Vanitas got the suit, and Riku was able to get the suit before meeting Ansem SoD, is it really all that too far fetched to guess that maybe MX and Riku come from the same line of family? Hell, didn't Terra even see a younger MX when looking at Kid Riku? Dunno, haven't spoiled myself too much.

I had to get this out of my system though. Dunno if it's already been confirmed as to why Vanitas had the same suit as Riku and if Master Xehanort had anything to do with it or not. Have fun picking it apart.

kaialone

On an island with few people on it,like destiny islands,all people are related in some way.I belive That MX is Riku´s grandpa though,but thats just me.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
MX is Riku's eccentric Uncle who he is embarrassed to talk about >_>

In all honesty seriously, I love the plot twist where MX is from DI. Your theory is pretty good actually

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
People have been saying that Vanitas and Riku's similar suits were because of the darkness, but like you said, it hasn't been proven. It is possible that they're from the same line of family; Riku's relative of some sort that he's either distantly related to or doesn't know about, since he referred to MX as "that kid".

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, I'll just say it's possible. It does seem to be too much more than a coincidence that Sora, Riku, and MX all originated from Destiny Islands.

SuperSailorEarth

I really don;t think family is going to become important. It's just Nomura giving his characters and interesting backstory.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I like this theory because it involves family but keeps it distant at the same time.
I'm not sure how it would affect the game though...Riku probably has no idea of their relation. So it could just as easily go unsaid in game.

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

I really don't think riku is MX's grand child or anything just because it said in the journals that MX left the islands as a kid and didn't come back till he was really old and bringing Ven there. Maybe there great cousins or something.....

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I really don't think riku is MX's grand child or anything just because it said in the journals that MX left the islands as a kid and didn't come back till he was really old and bringing Ven there. Maybe there great cousins or something.....

I agree, it seems that between leaving the Islands at a young age and training to become a Keyblade Madter, there wasn't very much time to have a romantic life, or atleast a normal functioning one. Especially since he seems to have been alone after becoming a Master and traveling the Worlds and the Realm of Darkness. If he did have a kid he then they probably aren't even aware of it. Also, Family has no importance in Kingdom Hearts.

Talys Alankil

They could be related (even if i doubt the grandfather-grandchild theory for reasons mentioned above), but the suit isn't really an evidence, since Riku uses it in the first fight agaisnt him in CO, where he hasn't met Ansem SoD yet.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
That's the point, Lon didn't say anything about a grand child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back