• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A few questions about Kingdom Hearts itself

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

Where exactly is the one seen in KH1 located? I assume it's smack dab between the realm of light and darkness, but I'm not sure?

If the Door to Darkness leads to KH from the Realm of Light, is it safe to assume the Door to Light does the same from the Realm of Darkness?
-If the DtD is right next to KH, what's stopping the Heartless from taking it? (I mean, there are even several Darksides behind the door)

It's said that the Keyblade of the Princesses' hearts is the only way to find Kingdom Hearts...
-Why was the keyhole in Hollow Bastion significant in this regard? I always guessed because it was the keyhole that caused the barriers between worlds to collapse, but I'm not sure on that...
-How exactly do Sora, Donald, Goofy and Ansem SoD reach KH from the End of the World then?

Finally, what is the difference between the KH summoned by the X-Blade and the KH seen in KH1? The former is said to be the "true" KH, but why is this? What purpose does KH1's hold?

Thank you for reading : )

JustSnilloc

... beyond my knowledge bro ;) never figured it out, but it has been said that the one in KH2 was artificial

KevVentus

Noooooooo

This is another one of those points that is just made confusing by later entries. It's always bothered me

I knew about KH2's though. At least that one was easy enough to understand... in a sense : P

Thanks for trying to help though!

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
There was no Kingdom Hearts shown in KH1. That was the Door To Darkness at the end of the game which Sora and Riku closed.

The Keyblade of People's Hearts, summoned forth from the PoH, opens the Door To Darkness. Not Kingdom Hearts.

I'm still unsure as to what went on with Hollow Bastion's Keyhole, but the End Of The World was a world created from the worlds taken by the Heartless.
Kind of like Traverse Town was, only Traverse Town was what survived from the worlds. End Of The World was what the Heartless took.

Basically it's a Heartless World, not a World of Heartless, but a Heartless in the shape of a world.

I'm guessing that it's pretty much a step away from the Dark Abyss where the Final Fight takes place. That Abyss is part of The End Of The World, and that was where the Door To Darkness was summoned, or just was for whatever reason.

You asked about why the Heartless haven't take Kingdom Hearts yet, be it in the RoD. Pretty much, it's not just out in plain sight for everyone to see.
It's hidden within the RoD. Otherwise, you could probably see Mickey finding it when he went in the RoD.

It being hidden either means it's out of sight, can't be seen, just not visible, unreachable by any means whatsoever.

Oh, and there are a lot more Heartless than just several Darksides. The RoD is 100% chop-full of the strongest Heartless imaginable.

The X-Blade summons forth and unlocks Kingdom Hearts, the true Kingdom Hearts. Again, KH1 never showed Kingdom Hearts, just The Door To Darkness.

In BBS, that was the only time we've ever seen the True Kingdom Hearts.

And as stated, KH2's was an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

True Kingdom Hearts= Heart of all Worlds
KH2's Kingdom Hearts= Heart of all Men (Living Beings) Meaning it's made of hearts of people, not the combined hearts of all worlds.
KH1's "Kingdom Hearts"= The Door To Darkness, not even close to Kingdom Hearts.

Did any of that make a little bit of sense. It's late....I may be just spewing out words, I'm not so sure. Take what I say about The End Of The World with a grain of salt.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Where exactly is the one seen in KH1 located? I assume it's smack dab between the realm of light and darkness, but I'm not sure?
It's accessed by way of the Realm of Darkness. "Where exactly" isn't really a proper question, because the "true" Kingdom Hearts isn't necessarily a corporeal essence, so its location isn't likely fixed or even relevant.

If the Door to Darkness leads to KH from the Realm of Light, is it safe to assume the Door to Light does the same from the Realm of Darkness?
Possibly, but not likely. Kingdom Hearts being located in the Realm of Darkness is representative of the light within the deepest darkness. The only way Kingdom Hearts in the form of KH1 can be accessed, anyhow, is by using the seven Princesses of Heart (i.e. pure light) to open the Door to Darkness.

If the DtD is right next to KH, what's stopping the Heartless from taking it?
Kingdom Hearts is pure light. It destroyed Ansem SoD, the strongest Heartless ever to exist (to our knowledge); any Heartless that attempted to corrupt it, presuming they could even sense it, would be instantly eradicated. Furthermore, the Heartless have no means by which to access or have any interest in Kingdom Hearts; Heartless simply function as manifestations of darkness, so they work entirely on instinct-- they aren't seeking Kingdom Hearts actively, although they are drawn to the Keyblade. Again, Ansem SoD was only even able to tap into it for a moment because he had already fulfilled other necessary requirements; the fact that it isn't there when Sora and Riku and Mickey close the DtD is further evidence that it isn't a physical thing, it's a symbolic feature constituted of the power and energy of all Hearts. It's not meant to be claimed or owned by anyone, and likely never will be in that form. Therefore, the DtD is not "right next to" Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts is deep within the Realm of Darkness and its light shone from everywhere within it and out into the Abyss in order to destroy Ansem SoD once and for all. Or so it would seem.

-Why was the keyhole in Hollow Bastion significant in this regard? I always guessed because it was the keyhole that caused the barriers between worlds to collapse, but I'm not sure on that...
It's not clear what kind of Keyhole we saw in Hollow Bastion. The large one which Sora goes through would seem to lead to the true keyhole of Hollow Bastion (which is the one Sora locks with his Keyblade in the trippy rainbow room). That large Keyhole itself may have been artificial, constructed by Ansem SoD (or Apprentice Xehanort, possibly) around the true Keyhole in order to tap into its power in some way utilizing the Princesses of Heart (perhaps this is how he created a Keyblade from their Hearts).

-How exactly do Sora, Donald, Goofy and Ansem SoD reach KH from the End of the World then?
It's really only Ansem SoD who is able to summon Kingdom Hearts, but it isn't in any way clear (or really important) what he did. Kingdom Hearts itself may have responded to his beckoning in the same way the Door to Light in KH2 appears to Sora because his Heart called out to it (essentially). The point is, Ansem SoD needed to be able to unlock the Door to Darkness, which he succeeded in doing. From there, it seems he was able to call to Kingdom Hearts itself.

Finally, what is the difference between the KH summoned by the X-Blade and the KH seen in KH1? The former is said to be the "true" KH, but why is this? What purpose does KH1's hold?
The Kingdom Hearts summoned by Master Xehanort using the X-Blade is just another form of Kingdom Hearts. Nomura once said something to the effect of it being constituted of the "Hearts of all worlds" as opposed to Xemnas's, which is a Kingdom Hearts of the "Hearts of people," whereas the Kingdom Hearts in KH1 is simply a "true" Kingdom Hearts, essentially the life force of everything with no inherent physical presence. However, I think it's safe to say that the Kingdom Hearts which Master Xehanort sought was a form of it which could be more easily "obtained" and its power more easily "accessed." That's why a great war was fought in order to create the X-Blade and summon this Kingdom Hearts, rather than seeking the unobtainable manifestation of it which exists within the Realm of Darkness.

The important thing to remember is that Kingdom Hearts is more of a thematic factor in the KH series than a literal object or place. While it does have its role within the story, it's meant to represent great power as the Heart of everything. The best way to think of it is simply as being unfixed and all-encompassing. Kingdom Hearts doesn't follow any rules; everything we know about it is essentially speculation. In KH2, Ansem the Wise and Xemnas have a fantastic dialogue about the nature of the Heart and how it simply can not be understood by intellectual means (as evidenced by Ansem's failure to encode it into data). Xemnas's failed artificial Kingdom Hearts is, in my mind, representative of what happens when humans try to identify (and thus, limit to their own understanding) a force as ambivalent and ultimate as Kingdom Hearts itself. It might not be satisfying to some people, but I think, in the end, we just have to accept that there are no real, hard and fast answers as to the nature of Kingdom Hearts-- it isn't meant to be entirely comprehensible.

KevVentus

Alright, this cleared up a lot. Thanks guys! I was suspecting that it was just the DtD in KH1. But I was confused by Sora and Ansem's referring to it as Kingdom Hearts.

Now a new thing I'm confused about is the Door to Darkness. I thought it was open the whole game? But you were saying that it was Ansem SoD's goal to open it. But the game shows it opening (unless that's just symbolic)... only for it to be closed a few minutes later.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's accessed by way of the Realm of Darkness. "Where exactly" isn't really a proper question, because the "true" Kingdom Hearts isn't necessarily a corporeal essence, so its location isn't likely fixed or even relevant.

I would assume it has something of a location if there's a door that leads directly to it. Just as the heart of a world has a tangible existence, I don't see why KH, the heart of all worlds, can't.

The Kingdom Hearts summoned by Master Xehanort using the X-Blade is just another form of Kingdom Hearts. Nomura once said something to the effect of it being constituted of the "Hearts of all worlds" as opposed to Xemnas's, which is a Kingdom Hearts of the "Hearts of people," whereas the Kingdom Hearts in KH1 is simply a "true" Kingdom Hearts, essentially the life force of everything with no inherent physical presence. However, I think it's safe to say that the Kingdom Hearts which Master Xehanort sought was a form of it which could be more easily "obtained" and its power more easily "accessed."

The problem is that the KH of KH1 and the KH of BBS seem pretty synonymous in nature. At the very least, both aren't conglomerates of worlds' hearts.

Alright, this cleared up a lot. Thanks guys! I was suspecting that it was just the DtD in KH1. But I was confused by Sora and Ansem's referring to it as Kingdom Hearts.

That's because it was KH. It clearly wasn't the DtD that killed XH.

Now a new thing I'm confused about is the Door to Darkness. I thought it was open the whole game? But you were saying that it was Ansem SoD's goal to open it. But the game shows it opening (unless that's just symbolic)... only for it to be closed a few minutes later.

The door was unlocked as a result of all 7 hearts of pure lights gathering together. However, no one opened it until the end of the game.

KevVentus

That makes sense. But I thought the Heartless panic was because the DtD was already opened? Unless the first 3/4 of the game was heartless spawning naturally, then the dramatic increase was because of the DtD?

I've drawn the conclusion that the door is the Door to Darkness, but the light that comes from it was sent from Kingdom Hearts (somewhere from within the RoD). Again, going with the theme of the light within the deepest darkness. That's what I tell myself to solve the master. Otherwise, why would they want to close Kingdom Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back